PDA

View Full Version : Guardian angels??

DeerNuts
04-06-2005, 09:59 PM
OK, this is the mother of all dumb threads, but what do you all think about the chance of there being something like that?

It sounds dumb, but I recently crashed into a barb-wire fence. I crashed sideways, the bike stopped, and I went flying into the cow pasture:p Anyway, the bike got stopped by the fence kinda, and ended up looking better than I did. (my back just got all ripped up).
Thing is, when I saw I was gonna hit it, I just held on. I didnt try to bail or anything. The fence is a little under chest height, and I went over the top of it. For how fast I was going, I guess I couldve been hurt very badly. The seat got ripped really nice, but otherwise NO damage at all to the bike.

Personally, I just think it was luck that I wasnt hurt. have any of you ever crashed and walked away when you know you shoudnt've? I know I have. I lean toward it just being luck of the draw, but maybe something really is out there?? LOL, I doubt it of course, but still, it makes you wonder sometimes, doesnt it?

And lets not turn this into a religious-garbage thread, I dont want this to have anything to with religion.

250xridamatt
04-06-2005, 10:07 PM
I snapped a shock right in half on a jump, and i didnt even get thrown off. I thought that it was amazing. After thinking about it the next couple nights i still couldnt figure out how i didnt get thrown off. I was goin really fast also, it would have really sucked.

Bush0102
04-06-2005, 10:34 PM
i was in a wreck two years ago, i was being an idiot and not wearing my seatbelt, anyway we were on the interstate going about 95 and a deer ran out in front of the camaro we were in...the driver (my buddy) swerved to miss it, we went into the median and flipped 6 times at 90mph...and i didnt even break a single bone, just a few cuts and bruises. I seriously thought i was going to die and we both walked away. It was incredible, and the paramedics were amazed.

Now I make it a point that every person in my car has their seat belt on...

YFZ450Ridr
04-07-2005, 12:02 AM
one time i was on a stteep steep hill, down shifted to late and fliped. i tripped and my bike missed hitting me buy a foot or two.

another time, i was at my cabin riding and i would always hit this little 10 foot table top i have. well i was stupid and didnt check it out because i was excited to ride. well i jumped it and someone in a truck had gotten stuck the night before i guess. thre was wooden ramps, 2 car jacks, and some rocks. i dont know how i made it threw without hitting anything but it gave me a hell of a scare.

i guess there could be such a thing but i dont think we will ever know.

PeeWee21
04-07-2005, 05:07 AM
I was racing at my local track and i had been have problems with my KFX not running 100%, i come up to this 60 foot table top and as i came off the face off the jump it died and nose dived. I was almost straight up and down in the air and somehow when i landed instead of flipping forward it eased back down and i did'nt even really feel a jerk or anything, it was that smooth. It makes me wonder.

crday98
04-07-2005, 08:43 AM
i was drag racing at the strip two years ago and as i was passing the other car at 107mph, the driver lost control and took me out. i spun multiple times down the track bouncing off everything as my car disintegrated. i walked away with only minor injuries. i feel and my friends who witnessed the accident said i'm lucky to be alive and it was one or the worst things they had ever seen.
i feel as if someone was watching over me that night;)

300ex13
04-07-2005, 09:15 AM
DeerNuts i had a thing like that happen when i wrecked to 300. i was doin mid 3rd trough a tight trail behind my house and i was going down this small hill and i had the clutch in to go a little faster and i hit this little tree root or something and sent me straight into a big tree...i hit it flew off and the wheeler hit the left front tire hard and the rear whipped around and smacked the tree so hard it bent my axle and did nothing else to the wheeler, but i had a small cut on my stomach and my foot hurt, and thats it!

now i wear my chest protector and boots almost everytime i ride,i need a new axle!!!

SGA
04-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Yes, I have had things like that happen to me. I should have not walked a few times.
Ive always been told that a close relative that has died, say a grandmother or grandfather or someone similar watches over us.

They are the one that will come get you when you die and lead the way for you.

BS? Each to his own I guess.

trick450r
04-07-2005, 06:11 PM
i havn't crashed...AT ALL...in 10 years of riding and 2 years of serious MX...i have NEVER EVER EVER EVER crashed...i find this wierd in itself..i should have crashed a few times but i just randomly ride away...

MXRACER86
04-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Just this last weekend I was going through a whoop section and stupid me let go of the gas while I was blitzing through them and my frontend dropped down into the whoops, well my quad was bucking like crazy!!! I was positive that I was going to fly off my quad!! But I gained control and just rode away!!!

MXRACER86
04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
anybody else?

MX174
04-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh man Ive definately got a guardian angel watching me. I could not tell you how many times ive wrecked and should have seriously been hurt from the way I have went down.

For instance, December 04, I was racing my 250f indoors. The biggest jump was about 70-80 ft :confused: , it was a tripple, well anyways i was doing it every lap but the last lap of the LCQ I took the corner tight trying to make the pass for the last spot and it was really slick in front of the face and came up short almost on the back side of the landing but not quite on top. It bucked me right off and i landed almost on my head (kinda sideways). Somehow, I jumped right back up and finished the race and only lost 2 spots back. After going through that and getting up and finishing the race I definatly have someone or something watching over me. Some things i busted up are bars, radiator, clamps and tripple tree were twisted soo bad its crazy.........

Quiksilver01
04-07-2005, 08:30 PM
my gaurdian angel gave up a long time ago:D

MotoX3
04-07-2005, 08:35 PM
many times....flipping my crappin old TTR in 5th gear on gravel....over the bars on the yz this weekend....the end of the bars went right into my arm pit....i have no idea why it didnt go through the skin....its crazy

Mxjunkie
04-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Theres been a few wrecks where I wonder how I didnt get hurt as bad as I should have. One or two wrecks I wonder why I'm still here, specially a car crash I was in when I was younger, My mother was driving drunk I was about 3 or 4, She ran a stop sign and we got t-boned in our Iroc camaro, They had to cut both of us out of the car, But we only had minor injurys.

My dad and his friends really shouldnt be here, They have wrecked cars, motorcycles, My dad was going down route one here, he ended up putting his old transam inbetween 2 trees, rolled over his gtx doing dounuts, Back in the early 90s he had a vega that he drag raced, They got the tires a little to hot and it rode a wheelie on the bumper went down and there was parts of the motor and frame etc that just barley missed him.

I like to think my grand fathers and stuff look over us, it just makes me feel that I'm safe but I guess luck, and angels are differnt things..

Nausty
04-07-2005, 08:46 PM
nope, everyone always says when they get hurt god was watching over their back blah, blah blah.

Its all a bunch of bull I think!

Accidents and health stuff happens just because things went wrong, simple as that not because some guy in the sky.:ermm:

I think i've had a near death experience and if you guys wanna beleive fine but i have a feeling a lot of you are or your gonna think i'm exagerating. I'm not gonna argue bout it.

Long story short when i was 12 or so I was out jumping a yz80 around my house just messing around. I was jumping a street right in front of my house and deciding clearing the ditch too after a while. Well I jumped the ditch and the street 4th gear pinned. Landed the gas some how and fell back on the throttle so it was pinned from the time I landed pretty much. Ran smack into the house 4th gear pinned!!!!

Just paniced and couldn't let go.

Somehow when I hit the house I was lined up just perfect to fly though a window and land on a pool table.

haha your all gonna think i'm full of **** and I think I might of just wasted my breathe!

Personally tho I think **** like that is just luck.:confused:

If ur opinions differant more power to ya'!

Plante400
04-07-2005, 08:48 PM
wheelieng downt the road in 5th gear. came down off the wheely. my tire hit my friends back fender ( her was a little close huh):huh

then i got thrown off.. got sucked under my bike and slid a looong ways.. or tumbled.. i kidna blacked out.

anyway
my helmet got all messed up and when i stopped rolling i ended up in the dirt and my helmet cam off.

i have no idea how that happend but yeha.. pretty lucky

i did end up with Alot of road rash and a broken shoulder blade tho:blah:

Quiksilver01
04-07-2005, 08:50 PM
COOL:bandit: my quad has landed on me a bunch of times havnt gotten hurt yet... prolly cause i ride a 250 though:D

Nausty
04-07-2005, 08:54 PM
haha 5th gear wheelies are the ****!

Hope I never crash goin that fast!

DeerNuts
04-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
Ran smack into the house 4th gear pinned!!!!

Just paniced and couldn't let go.

Somehow when I hit the house I was lined up just perfect to fly though a window and land on a pool table.

haha your all gonna think i'm full of **** and I think I might of just wasted my breathe!

I believe you Nausty. A couple years back you posted that story of how you crashed into your house. I believe you also had a couple other nasty wrecks as well. thats how you've become such a good rider i guess.

nebjamin
04-07-2005, 10:17 PM
I disagree with his idea tho. When my stepdad was younger he got in a huge car accident. He died twice and they revived him both times. We asked him all about it and heaven and what not. Now to this day we wont mention much but after some begging he explained this to me. He said, I was told not to make a big deal over this and its something you need to expeirence for yourself. Now it didnt effect his life much but he understands a lot now.

So for those of you out there who are curious, I swear on my life that there is a God or at least some other powers. He may not be in anyway shape or form that you imagined but there is more to come after death. Feel free to ask me about stuff and I will ask my step dad about it. I know more stuff but I have to ask him if I can post it on here.

Now I dont mean to be a preacher and Im not anything else so belive me or dont im just stateing my opinion.

DeerNuts
04-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by nebjamin
Feel free to ask me about stuff and I will ask my step dad about it. I know more stuff but I have to ask him if I can post it on here.

Just a word of caution, be VERY careful what you post!!! You might be bashed to hell for stating opinions of the afterlife/ near-death experiences.

I dont care because I can respect your opinions without becoming upset because they are different from mine.:)

gyt-r450
04-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
i havn't crashed...AT ALL...in 10 years of riding and 2 years of serious MX...i have NEVER EVER EVER EVER crashed...i find this wierd in itself..i should have crashed a few times but i just randomly ride away...

knock on wood:chinese:

Punk'd
04-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Dont you love those nice warm feelings before you run into a tree:D

praetorian
04-08-2005, 03:11 PM
I am starting to wonder how many of my nine lives I have left myself. I have been getting real lucky lately with some cased double doubles.