PDA

View Full Version : speech help

gratzracing24
04-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Ok for my speech class i have to do a demonstration speech...The only thing i could really think of would be how to put on scuba gear but im not sure if she will let me because it was on a movie that we watched and thats where i got the idea...but i cant do anything with a 4wheeler or dirtbike because i would have to push it up a stair way...any suggestions...no cooking either
thanks in advance

Scro
04-06-2005, 02:55 PM
do you have to bring something, or can you just talk about it?

hardkoratvmxr
04-06-2005, 03:06 PM
getting suited up to go racing might be a choice

250xridamatt
04-06-2005, 03:20 PM
How to pick up a chick? haha. You could always just find a hot chick in the halls and bring her in for the demonstration.

bulkdriverlp
04-06-2005, 03:52 PM
demonstrate how to clean a .44 magnum:blah:

04-06-2005, 04:12 PM
i did something like that in the 4th grade and it was how to make a cake...it sucked but it was easy and funny

edit: oh, no cooking I see :ermm:

if good with networking you could do how to network two pc's together to share files and share printers

wheeltrax
04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
i did the same project.. i did how to ride.. i videotaped it and brought it in.. and then played the video and explained it.. i got an A

boystoys
04-06-2005, 07:12 PM
i had to do this once awhille ago... i did the simplest thing...

how to set up a fish tank...

you get a goldfish bowl, some gravel, a fake plant, water and a fish.. your done...

gratzracing24
04-06-2005, 07:19 PM
How to pick up a chick? haha. You could always just find a hot chick in the halls and bring her in for the demonstration.

i like that one...im not that good with technology and the riding one would be cool...ill ha ve to think about that..and i dont think the teach would like me cleaning a .44 magnum but thanks 4 the help everyone

DeerNuts
04-06-2005, 09:44 PM
How to jack off maybe:confused:

Hell with all the chit that goes on in highschools anymore why not.

dont think thatll fly though.....:chinese:

honduh440
04-06-2005, 09:47 PM
show how to put a tire on a beadlock

Rdhanded2
04-07-2005, 12:00 PM
how to jet a carb, and bring your carb in. Really easy, and you wouldn't have to buy anything.

ballisticpb
04-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2
how to jet a carb, and bring your carb in. Really easy, and you wouldn't have to buy anything.

that would be a good one. tell people what a jet is and why you have to ajust them. how jetting affect the bike and the fuel control. man you could easly do this

zephead400ex
04-07-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure if your familiar with Outlook Express, but show how to setup an email account in Outlook Express. Very simple. I did this for a demonstrative speech in college, I got an A. The best part is that the teacher will probably let you use their computer...if they have Outlook Express installed.

Here's a link that will show you how to set it up. Very, very simple.

http://www.help.powerup.com.au/help/win9598/oe.500/wizmail.htm

Now, something that you will want to know if you go through with this is that the SMTP (outgoing mail server) must be the name of the SMTP server that you are connected too. For instance, if you have dialup, have broadband, etc through a particular company, you must set your SMTP server to THEIR outgoing server name. Let's say I'm connected to XYZ's internet service, and their SMTP server name is mail.xyz.com. I would not be able to send mail out through mail.aaa.com, it must be set to the mail server that the ISP you are connected to uses, in this case it would be mail.xyz.com.

...might not make sense, but this is something that a lot of people do not know...might get you some more points:D

maynard22
04-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Screw pushing the quad up the stairs, RIDE up the stairs and you just killed two birds with one stone, you got the bike to class for your presentation and you demonstrated how to ride a quad!!!!
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

duke416ex
04-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Sweet!!! Ride it all the way, the suited for ridding idea and why that equip is needed is not a bad one either.

derekhonda
04-07-2005, 01:05 PM
give a speech on how to give speeches

2002400ex
04-07-2005, 07:09 PM
How to tie a shoe.
How to make cookies.
How to make babies

wvspeedfreak
04-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Or how to bake a cake WHILE making babies,that would be even cooler.It would be like home economics and sex ed. all in one.:D

Doober
04-07-2005, 08:53 PM
make a video about changing something on a quad or dirbike and play the video at school... if she'll let you

DeerNuts
04-07-2005, 09:42 PM
The one about explaining how a carb works is very good. That would work perfect, and its not something you would need to learn.

the teacher will most likely learn a thing or two as well; and as long as your presentation is done well (good eye contact, voice projection is good, etc....) you will get an A for sure.

good luck.