PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 450r carb

mikeminyard
04-06-2005, 09:18 AM
First off, when you bought a pilot jet, was it slightly longer than the stock one? I bought a series 21 pilot and it was about 4mm longer than the stock pilot. Next, my quad does not drop back to idle quickly when I rev it. It drops normally and then hangs a little higher than idle speed and slowly drops back down. I am running it with a 168 main, and 45 pilot. Is it possible that the 45 is too rich and is what is causing this to hang. It is definitely rich on the mid and upper ends so I am going to try a 165 and see what that does. It back fires quite a bit on decel.

400exredrider
04-06-2005, 01:52 PM
its suppose to be longer,,, thats what makes it the bigger jet.. adjust the fuel screw to adjust the throttle issue

mikeminyard
04-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Actually, it is a smaller jet than stock. I went from 48 to 45, but My 42 from the EX carb is the same length as this 45. I was adjusting the fuel screw, but it wasn't making a difference as far as that was concerned. It may be that the main jet is affecting it, although I think it may be more likely that the pilot is one size too big.

yamablaster24
04-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Your pilot is too lean not rich thats why its sputtering and thats why it wont go back down to idle easily.