PDA

View Full Version : 250ex Swingarm removal??

Bigg Pimpin
04-06-2005, 02:18 AM
I need to replace the swingarm bearings in my 250 but does anyone know how to remove the swingarm? I know you need a big allen wrench but does anyone know what size? Also looks like you need a 4 prong thing, I think it can be removed with a punch and hammer but if someone knows where I could get the right tool for it I'd rather spend the $ and not chance it. Has anyone ever removed one? If so what tools did you need and how did you do it. Thanks

DeerNuts
04-06-2005, 09:15 PM
So it's not attached the same way the 400ex is?

I guess if it was you wouldnt be asking how to do it.:p

Do you have a good manual for it? I dont know how its attached so Im afraid I can be much help. sorry.

YFZ450Ridr
04-06-2005, 11:36 PM
i replaced mine about 4 months ago, didnt know how but it was very easy!

first off i popped off the tires and heal guards. then you see a black plastic dust cap. take that off and now you need a VERY big alen wrench. luckily my uncle works on crains and stuff and i was able to borrow one from him.

before you loosen the bolts take the shock off. once the shock is off, loosen and take out the big alen wrench bolts. before you take off the rear end there is a rubber dust shroud type of thing between the motor and rear end. then the entire rear end will slide right out. the drive shaft will hang there, no big deal just be gentle with it. from there i got a flat screw driver and popped out the old bearings and dust seals.

i ordered my bearings from all balls racing out of rocky mountain-20 bucks shipped i think- it came with 2 bearings, rubber dust seal, and a dust cap. i sprayed some break loose oil in the little housing where the bearings sit and cleaned it out very good. i put my bearings in first, before you put them in make sure u pack them with grease. slide them in STRAIGHT, do not get them crooked or sideways. after the bearings are in put the rubber dust seal over the bearings, and then the metal dust cap over that.

there is no bolt or anything that connects the drive shaft to the rear end so it jsut slides right in, but be easy with it because it has splines on it and you have to adjust it until it goes in right. from there just put it all back together, pretty simple. after i had it back together i checked my rear end oil because a little did leak out but only a little bit. like i said, i had a little idea of what i was doing when i did this but once i did it myself, it was easy. eh sorry about the lenght but this is how i replaved my swingarm bearings and they work awesome, rides alot smoother. when i took out the bearings on the right side there was no bearing left, it was fallen apart completly lol. good luck

Bigg Pimpin
04-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Thanks that does help me out. Now does anyone know what size that allen bolt is before I have to go and buy a whole set to get the right one.

YFZ450Ridr
04-06-2005, 11:57 PM
i think its about an inch in american measurements. so i think w/e is about an inch in metric. not positive though, it might say in the manual.

bradley300
04-07-2005, 08:35 AM
honda might sell that tool since it probably kinda rare, i sure dont think ive seen one that big at sears