PDA

View Full Version : Where togo in Glamis for thanksgiving?

COMBATRACING
04-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Going to Glamis for Thanksgiving in 2006. I heard it's awsome. Anyone have any advice as to where the good spots to park, camp, ride, hang out, etc are. We aredriving out from N.J. and don't know s--t about the area. So we are trying to get as much info. as early as possible. Also if ya need any kind of passes or permits, where do ya get them? Thanks to whoever
posts back!

jesshamner
04-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Glamis is great! It's definitely a trip that every rider should take at least once in a lifetime. We camped on Gecko road. Olds hill and the drags near Gecko Road seemed to be popular even on a dead weekend (the weekend before Presidents Day).

COMBATRACING
04-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks, we are really lookin forward to the trip. I think i'm gonna post a message on the dune riders forum, just to see if anyone over there has anything good to add. thanks

aci clay
04-06-2005, 08:57 PM
if you go on thanksgiving weekend be prepared for a wild time. there will be so many people its almost impossible to ride. lots of alcohol, stupid people, fights, rip offs you name it. of course theres lots of the girls gone wild thing too. if your going for some good dune riding i'd recommend an off weekend.

COMBATRACING
04-06-2005, 09:09 PM
It looks like we will probably get alittle of both. Some of us are going to spend about a week there. A few of us are driving out and the rest are flying and gonna meet us. Im takein off 2weeks from work for this trip. So hopefully during that time we could get some good riding in. We are converting a boat trailer for a 33ft.
boat to hold all the bikes. We are gonna take off the rails and build a platform on top. It looks like we will have about 8-10 bikes. Cant wait to get my buddies 250r atc that we converted to a cr500 motor there and open it up.

jesshamner
04-06-2005, 09:20 PM
The trip out there is half the fun. We had a good time on the road trip out there. It took us about 3 days to get out there from Nashville and we were only there for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We drove to Phoenix to stay the night Sunday and headed home on Monday.

beerock
04-12-2005, 08:34 PM
your bikes are going to be VERY VERY dirty with a open trailer...:(