PDA

View Full Version : cracked case

kargaaro
04-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Tonight I noticed oil and discovered a crack in the right crankcase near the kick starter. I don't know exactly what caused it. I really don't think anything could have hit it and it's a pretty strange place to happen. After doing a search I am wondering if it was a pressure problem. I never hit the gas while starting! I need to clean it up and inspect the damage a little closer tomorrow. Anyone else?? Has anybody had any luck repairing them?? and how big of a job is it to swap it out with a new case?? (they're not as expensive as I guessed)

chad502ex
04-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by kargaaro
Tonight I noticed oil and discovered a crack in the right crankcase near the kick starter. I don't know exactly what caused it. I really don't think anything could have hit it and it's a pretty strange place to happen. After doing a search I am wondering if it was a pressure problem. I never hit the gas while starting! I need to clean it up and inspect the damage a little closer tomorrow. Anyone else?? Has anybody had any luck repairing them?? and how big of a job is it to swap it out with a new case?? (they're not as expensive as I guessed)

can you post pics?

kargaaro
04-06-2005, 02:27 PM
I'll try and get some pic's tonight if I can get a camera and I'll need someone to post them.