PDA

View Full Version : comp adjust or not

mental1
05-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Alright, schools out for summer so I'm looking for a better paying job than Target so I might be able to get some suspension work done soon. But I really am not sure if I need all the adjustability that some shocks have since I ride some trails a little homemade mx track and I plan on venturing to some of the local mx tracks (but I don't race). I was thinking of going with some triple rates since I do a good amount of jumping and I seem to bottom out the stock setup. But I'm concerned that I'ld mess something up if I got comp adj. rezzies or is it not that hard to adjust? And I could always buy rezzies later if I decide I need to. I thinking of the Elka triples and the Elka rear rebuild. Any help? Thanks

beerock
05-13-2002, 10:54 AM
the compression is great to have.

the deal with the adj comp is that if the shocks do bottom, you have the ability to turn up the comp adj until they dont bottom :)

usually what I do if it bottoms is I turn the comp up 2 clicks, until they stop bottoming.

Razorback
05-13-2002, 10:55 AM
don't know about others, but the comp. adjusting on the elkas is just a knob that you turn. real easy to do. can't mess it up too bad.

mental1
05-13-2002, 11:08 AM
The Elka's have a knob, I've seen shocks for cars that have like 5 position knobs is it like that, just more positions?

rowlrag
05-13-2002, 07:32 PM
Yes basically the same knob. What ever you decide READ all the paper work. And yes if you bought Elkas you can put resevoirs on them later, I don't know about others, maybe someone does.