PDA

View Full Version : Ask a Klotz question!

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Do you have a question about Klotz? Ask it here and you'll get the answer direct from the company.

MXRACER86
04-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Do you sell 55 gallon drums of race gas? If so how much?

brian-250
04-05-2005, 11:15 AM
can i have free race gas?:scary:

welcome to the site guys!

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 11:17 AM
We do!

For 100, 108, and 113 octanes, the retail price is $264.72. The cost of the 118 and oxygas 100 and 113 is more. There are shipping charges as well (they vary.)

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by brian-250
can i have free race gas?:scary:

welcome to the site guys!

YES! Wait...that would get me fired...NO!

TM426
04-05-2005, 11:21 AM
This may sound stupid, but whats oxygas?

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by TM426
This may sound stupid, but whats oxygas?

Oxygas is our Klotz racing gas blended with an oxygen additive (more oxygen makes you go faster, to put it in layman's terms.) Similar to COXOC, the 113 oxygas is AMA legal, so you get the benfit of the power without breaking the rules.

TM426
04-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks. Is it bad to run oxygas or too high of an octane with a mild compression such as 11.5:1

zlam27
04-05-2005, 11:28 AM
i dont really know what to ask, but how about this....

what makes your oil better than the competitor and why would someone want to switch from say honda 10w-40 to a synthetic blend?

oh, and welcome.

zach

brian-250
04-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Klotz Director
YES! Wait...that would get me fired...NO!

only if you get caught.:ermm:

do have seatcovers for the 400ex's anymore?

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by TM426
Thanks. Is it bad to run oxygas or too high of an octane with a mild compression such as 11.5:1

The octane and compression issue are identical to regular gas. You will need to increase your jetting to bring in more fuel since there is the additive. This is easy for anyone familiar with their ATV to do. You will burn more fuel! If you are racing make sure you plan your pit-stops accordingly.

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by zlam27
i dont really know what to ask, but how about this....

what makes your oil better than the competitor and why would someone want to switch from say honda 10w-40 to a synthetic blend?

oh, and welcome.

zach

Klotz is NOT a synthetic blend. It is 100% synthetic. The benefits include greater film strength, better temperature transfer, less smoke in two-strokes, and all around less wear on your ATV. To put it mildly, Klotz is superior in all the aspects you need your lubricant to be superior in. Bill Ballance once told us about a time he lost his coolant, but was still able to finish the race because of Klotz lubricants. We get these kind of testimonials all the time.

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by brian-250
only if you get caught.:ermm:

do have seatcovers for the 400ex's anymore?

We quite having them made because of lack of interest. We are considering bringing them back for 2006, however.

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by quad
Why are all the klotz motor oil for 4 strokes synthetic?

I would refer back to the earlier post about synthetic advantages. If you have a certain amount of wear on your engine with one oil, but you can significantly decrease that, then your engine will last longer and run better. Klotz lubricants will make you faster by improving the engine lubrication and will also decrease fuel usage over traditional oils.

OneFast440
04-05-2005, 03:10 PM
I would refer back to the earlier post about synthetic advantages. If you have a certain amount of wear on your engine with one oil, but you can significantly decrease that, then your engine will last longer and run better. Klotz lubricants will make you faster by improving the engine lubrication and will also decrease fuel usage over traditional oils.

But doesn't a synthetic oil decrease the life of your clutch?

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by OneFast440
But doesn't a synthetic oil decrease the life of your clutch?

Exactly the opposite. Reduced wear extends clutch life and will actually give you smoother shifting. The MX4 lubricant provides great protection for wet clutches. Klotz is far superior in these aspects.

250xridamatt
04-05-2005, 05:09 PM
I never knew you guys were from Fort Wayne? Where are you guys located in the city?

wilkin250r
04-05-2005, 05:25 PM
What is the real difference (not just the marketing hype) between motorcycle oils and automotive oils?

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
I never knew you guys were from Fort Wayne? Where are you guys located in the city?

Our address is 7424 freedom way, fort wayne, IN 46818.

That is located off of Cook Road, which is just north off of highway 3 from Interstate 69

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
What is the real difference (not just the marketing hype) between motorcycle oils and automotive oils?

To summarize: A motorcycle lubricant has to withstand different forces than an automotive lube. This requires special additives (NO, I won't tell you what Klotz uses!) to provide protection. Also, a motorcycle lubricant has to be able to withstand the high revs most motorcycles create, whereas a car will rarely see such use. The PDF bulletin on the klotz website tech page gets a lot more in depth and also discusses oil changes and synthetics vs. conventionals. Visit www.klotzlube.com and look in the tech area for even more tech info like this.

250R-Dee
04-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Do you have a distributor in Japan?

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by TRX250RJapan
Do you have a distributor in Japan?

We have distributors internationally, although I would have to check to see if there is one that carries the lubricants you're probably after. email sales@klotzlube.com and ask if they can direct you appropriately.

baker250r
04-05-2005, 08:20 PM
I use MC1. what is the difference bewteen u guys and MC1.

Klotz Director
04-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by baker250r
I use MC1. what is the difference bewteen u guys and MC1.

I don't like to specifically discuss our competitors, mostly out of professional courtesy. There is a big difference between full synthetic and semi-synthetic lubricants. In my opinion, a semi-synthetic is trying to reach a certain level of quality, while maintaining a certain price point. Full synthetics are unquestionably superior, which is why semi-synthetics even exist. There are even differences in synthetics, but this is way to complicated to discuss here.

NEPA250R
04-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Which premix would you recommend for powervalve cylinders? Super Techniplate or R50?

markk
04-05-2005, 09:32 PM
What, and why are all of your products red?

yoshz400rider
04-05-2005, 10:40 PM
i run vp gas all my dealer carries i think its ultimate 4 what is the equvialent in klotz since i can get it cheaper at the nationals

QuadRacer041
04-06-2005, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by yoshz400rider
i run vp gas all my dealer carries i think its ultimate 4 what is the equvialent in klotz since i can get it cheaper at the nationals

the equivalent to u4 is kl495 which is 100 octane and designed for stock compression 4 stroke engines.
i just got my 55 drum a few weeks ago, i think it works great.

nepa250r, i run r50 in my 250r.beem using for 2 years now its great stuff.

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by NEPA250R
Which premix would you recommend for powervalve cylinders? Super Techniplate or R50?

I would recommend the KL-215(quart) because it is powervalve safe. It is the Snowmobile TechniPlate, and it will significantly cut down on any gumming-up of your valves.

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by markk
What, and why are all of your products red?

Because that's our color!

Most of the products have a naturally occurring red tone to them.

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
the equivalent to u4 is kl495 which is 100 octane and designed for stock compression 4 stroke engines.
i just got my 55 drum a few weeks ago, i think it works great.

nepa250r, i run r50 in my 250r.beem using for 2 years now its great stuff.

KL-491 is actually comparable to the U4 because it is oxygenated. The KL-491 is 100 octane, but it contains 6.5% oxygen. We take great care in ensuring our fuels are extremely consistent and smell good. We want the can you buy in April to be the same can you buy later in the season.

jonc623
04-06-2005, 08:25 AM
hey, i just wanted to say great products! i wouldn't run anything else, i have ran your oils and fuel for a super long time, and have never had any engine problems due to oil or fuel problems!!!! thanks for making a great product !!!!!!

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by jonc623
hey, i just wanted to say great products! i wouldn't run anything else, i have ran your oils and fuel for a super long time, and have never had any engine problems due to oil or fuel problems!!!! thanks for making a great product !!!!!!

Thanks! If you send us that same quote with your name and any identifying info about yourself I will post it on the testimonial section of our website. Email sales@klotzlube.com

bradley300
04-06-2005, 08:39 AM
how is a 55 gallon drum shipped or do we have to come get it? i assume UPS wont deliver so is it shipped freight? any other assciated cost with buying a drum besides shipping?

zedicus00
04-06-2005, 08:45 AM
also do you guys sell anything smaller, like say a 30 gal drum of yur race fuels? and how do you ship it?

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
how is a 55 gallon drum shipped or do we have to come get it? i assume UPS wont deliver so is it shipped freight? any other assciated cost with buying a drum besides shipping?

You can come get the drum if you live close, otherwise it comes on a truck. UPS doesn't handle those large quantities. I honestly can't give you an "average" price to ship because there are an incredible amount of variables. If you buy only one can (5 gal) of fuel we would ship that UPS. With this method there is a $20 hazardous materials charge attached. Most people don't buy fuel in that small quantity because of that reason. With the larger truck shipments the shipping fee is the only cost besides the product and any taxes that you may have to pay.

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
also do you guys sell anything smaller, like say a 30 gal drum of yur race fuels? and how do you ship it?

We do make 30 gallons, but the cost to ship a 30 and a 55 are almost always exactly the same. The total cost per gallon then tends to be less expensive.

bradley300
04-06-2005, 08:49 AM
what doies a drum weigh? i assume around 500 pounds? i might come get a drum, but i got to figure how to get it in and out of my truck,lol

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
what doies a drum weigh? i assume around 500 pounds? i might come get a drum, but i got to figure how to get it in and out of my truck,lol

The 55 gallon drums weigh 373 pounds. We have equipment to get it in. It's easy to get it out. Just lay a bunch of mattress on the ground and push! (Disclaimer: Don't do this) That weight is for 100,108, and 113 octanes

baker250r
04-06-2005, 09:21 AM
what do u reccomend premixing the oil at? i mix mine 50:1 for races, and 40:1 for practincing and just riding.

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by baker250r
what do u reccomend premixing the oil at? i mix mine 50:1 for races, and 40:1 for practincing and just riding.

It depends a lot on use. Follow the instructions on the bottle. The Super TechniPlate is commonly mixed anywhere from 32:1 to 50:1 in water cooled engines, but in air cooled engines it mixes at 20:1 to 32:1

LuckyOxygen
04-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Would you consider your products as good or better than Amsoil products?

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by LuckyOxygen
Would you consider your products as good or better than Amsoil products?

I said earlier that I would not speak directly about any competitor, and I won't here as well.

Let me make this general statement, as it applies to many lubricant companies: The government basically decided that someone can slightly alter a product's make-up and refer to it as a synthetic. A lot of companies that claim to have a synthetic product do "technically" have a synthetic, but it does not mean it is the best product available.

We use only the highest quality synthetics available, and we are constantly researching to create the best products available. Does Klotz cost more? Yes. This is simply because a lubricant can NEVER be better than the sum of it's parts. We take great care in ensuring that we are using the best parts to create our lubricants.

bradley300
04-06-2005, 10:29 AM
The 55 gallon drums weigh 373 pounds. We have equipment to get it in. It's easy to get it out. Just lay a bunch of mattress on the ground and push! (Disclaimer: Don't do this) That weight is for 100,108, and 113 octanes

sounds easy enuff.

yoshz400rider
04-06-2005, 11:26 AM
ok I have a 440 big bore in my quad like i said earlier i run vp ultimate 4 can i get away with using the 100 octane non oxygenated. since it is cheaper.

QuadRacer041
04-06-2005, 11:27 AM
KL-491 is actually comparable to the U4 because it is oxygenated. The KL-491 is 100 octane, but it contains 6.5% oxygen. We take great care in ensuring our fuels are extremely consistent and smell good. We want the can you buy in April to be the same can you buy later in the season.

i thoght the kl 491 was the equivalent to u4e?

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by yoshz400rider
ok I have a 440 big bore in my quad like i said earlier i run vp ultimate 4 can i get away with using the 100 octane non oxygenated. since it is cheaper.

You "can," but you will likely have to decrease your jetting since you are no longer using the oxyegenated fuels. I doubt you will get the same power, since the oxygen is a great booster. My suggestion: grab a can of 100 at a dealer or at the race and try it for practice (don't go straight to racing!) If it works out, great! Comparing fuels can be hard to do without just putting them in your tank and running them. Give it a shot is all I can suggest.

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 11:43 AM
You "can," but you will likely have to decrease your jetting since you are no longer using the oxyegenated fuels. I doubt you will get the same power, since the oxygen is a great booster. My suggestion: grab a can of 100 at a dealer or at the race and try it for practice (don't go straight to racing!) If it works out, great! Comparing fuels can be hard to do without just putting them in your tank and running them. Give it a shot is all I can suggest.

Sorry, I check on it and I was referring to the U4e. This is the oxygentated version. People generally refer to it as "Ultimate 4," which might be the reason for the confusion. Our KL-495 is 100 octane non-oxygenated. However, the U4 is only 92 octane. Octane ratings can be tricky because a higher octane does not "automatically" give you more power. The higher octanes allow you to run at higher compression ratios than normal. You will probally see an increase in power on a stock bike from a 92 to 100 octane. This is why we sell so much 100 octane at the GNCCs. Sorry about the confusion. You might also try and octane booster if the fuel isn't readily available. Our octane booster can take regular pump gas and boost it significantly, and to your needs. However, if it is already mixed then there is greater consistency in the final product.

zlam27
04-06-2005, 12:01 PM
how long between oil changes with your mx4 synthetic oil?

what do you recommend for a 400ex, 10W-30 or 10W-40?

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by zlam27
how long between oil changes with your mx4 synthetic oil?

what do you recommend for a 400ex, 10W-30 or 10W-40?

I can't recommend you change it at any different intervals than your manufacturer recommends. This is to protect you from any warranty issues.

Most people don't change it until it looks black or brown. The first time you move from a conventional to a synthetic you should change it early, as the detergents in Klotz will clean a lot of gunk (yes, that is the technical term) out of your engine.

Bill Ballance uses 15W/50 in his Yamaha. This won't work in colder weather. Stephanie Parton uses 10W/40 in her ATV. I would probably recommend the 10W/40, but it is honestly a toss-up.

rich@axeracing.
04-06-2005, 01:10 PM
im a sponsored rider, and die hard klotz user . its in everthing i own but my truck . do you make oil for diesels?

and how come you dont give us our racer discounts at the track ? that is the only place i can get your fuel with out having to pay shipping .

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by rich@axeracing.
im a sponsored rider, and die hard klotz user . its in everthing i own but my truck . do you make oil for diesels?

and how come you dont give us our racer discounts at the track ? that is the only place i can get your fuel with out having to pay shipping .

I know who you are Rich! Nice to meet you at the dealer expo, by the way.

Our 900 series ("racing techniplate") has a diesel rating, but our V-Twin line of Lubricants has a heavy diesel rating. We run the V-Twin line in our Ford 350 truck (the one at the track.) Email me, Rich (you know who this is, right?) and I'll bring a bottle for you to look at at one of the upcoming GNCCs. Go to www.klotzlube.com and look in the V-Twin section for available weights.

As for the whole discount thing: I can't believe I've fielded so many questions without this coming up! The situation is this: The 2005 racer support program requires payment of shipping. To UPS a can of fuel includes the cost of the can, the shipping, plus a $20 hazardous fee. That is why the fuel costs only $3 more at the track than the racer price. It may be cheaper to buy your lubricants direct.

Next Year! We hope to go back to the ID card system where we will be able to supply you with a better at-track price.

I want to personally apologize for some of the confusion that arose around this. Some of you may be aware that there was a major staffing change, which is where a lot of these problems originated from. Klotz proudly supports the GNCC, and hopefully we'll be able to come back and help even more in 2006.

rich@axeracing.
04-06-2005, 01:33 PM
i figured it was you , so if i have it shipped to me it will be cheaper than getting at the track ? also what is the advantage of your v -twin oil vs a standard diesel oil ? . in my quads im 10/40 mx 4 . is that the best oil to be using in built xc race motors? one of them in a high comp 440 ex , since it is air cooled is ther some thing else i sould be using ?

Klotz Director
04-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by rich@axeracing.
i figured it was you , so if i have it shipped to me it will be cheaper than getting at the track ? also what is the advantage of your v -twin oil vs a standard diesel oil ? . in my quads im 10/40 mx 4 . is that the best oil to be using in built xc race motors? one of them in a high comp 440 ex , since it is air cooled is ther some thing else i sould be using ?

The V-Twin lubricant has a heavy diesel rating, so it withstands the forces of a larger diesel engine better. I would stick with the 10W/40 MX4.

Since you're in Ohio it would save money if you order a few cases rather than just a couple bottles at the track. We had to reconcile the cost of the fuel/lubricants, plus the shipping and handling charges with the racer price. The fuel will not likely be cheaper unless you order a drum. It may be worth looking into.

rich@axeracing.
04-06-2005, 01:55 PM
oil is cheap to ship ,i order it by the case . my main concern was gas . thanks

SHADETREE101
11-18-2005, 09:50 PM
i am currently runing your nitro. the one with koolinal in it , red 16 oz. bottle. i am bleding it with alcohol and running strictly drag races with it. it made my 400ex the first 400ex ever to hit the super pro class where i run. this stuff is amazing here is the bike i run also. the engine is glued together by your synthetic 20w50 oil also. i can easily tell it is time ot change the oil when the color changes. thanks for the great products.http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/100-0015_IMG_4.jpg

trx400exxracer
11-18-2005, 09:55 PM
why would you pick klotz over any other fuels like Sunoco(my sponsor) or vp

JTRtrx250r
11-19-2005, 03:06 AM
Props to Klotz Director for this thread!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Wish more Co's were cool like this, Thumbs up!;) :cool:

450robot
11-19-2005, 09:42 AM
does your oil really change color when needed to be replaced? or does it just turn a blackish, like every other oil?

and, could you explain to me what all the 10w40 10w50 20w40 20w60 mean?

i mean, what the first number for, and the last?

haha, thanks i always just wondered

trx400exxracer
11-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
Props to Klotz Director for this thread!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Wish more Co's were cool like this, Thumbs up!;) :cool:

on the ATV industry news forum on here on th Hiper 4:1 offset nobeadlock wheel there is a sells rep on there asking people what they would like from hiper wheels

it is nice to see companies to get involved and ask us ques.

400exrules
11-19-2005, 10:26 AM
This is a retarted question but where can i buy high octane race gas...like a 100+? Do you order from somewhere and they ship your a 55 gal. drum of it?

and SHADETREE, what times do you run in 300ft dirt?

bradley300
11-19-2005, 02:24 PM
go back a few pages, i asked a few questions about buying feul by the drum;)

SHADETREE101
11-19-2005, 08:58 PM
right now i only run 300ft. sand drags. i have yet to get to a dirt track. but i have seen every bike from this area shave atleast .3 off their times when they went to a dirt track. that should put my bike around 4.8 to 4.9 . i ran tonight and it got to cold for alcohol it ran a best of 5.4 way off it's mark so i have put it up for the season. it normally runs down in the 5.0 to 5.1 area. see yah next spring.

400exrules
11-19-2005, 09:35 PM
thats pretty quick, you should come visit us down here at springhill track in MS when the season starts back up in march/april, its at the very northern part of MS, in about the middle. Alot of guys come down from missouri to race with us. Our fastest 4-stroke thats a local which comes almost every weekend, runs about 4.90's on an artic cat dvx, on alky. Their is also another 400ex, with stock bore on alky runnin 4.80's, so you would prob do better then that.

here's my 400, i went to the track today to do some practicin and messin around, mods in my sig, my fastest time is a 5.93, but that was when i didnt have my cam, i will prob run about 5.7's now with my cam in...ill find out when the season starts back up.

trx400exxracer
11-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
thats pretty quick, you should come visit us down here at springhill track in MS when the season starts back up in march/april, its at the very northern part of MS, in about the middle. Alot of guys come down from missouri to race with us. Our fastest 4-stroke thats a local which comes almost every weekend, runs about 4.90's on an artic cat dvx, on alky. Their is also another 400ex, with stock bore on alky runnin 4.80's, so you would prob do better then that.

here's my 400, i went to the track today to do some practicin and messin around, mods in my sig, my fastest time is a 5.93, but that was when i didnt have my cam, i will prob run about 5.7's now with my cam in...ill find out when the season starts back up.

hey you should get a durablue lowering kit and shave them front fenders that might shave a couple of tenths and a high compresion piston

SHADETREE101
11-20-2005, 08:40 AM
have you ever seen the group from precision powersports down there. i think they come to you rtrack a couple times a year. i will make that trip with them next season. i will have to get my wheelie bar and struts ready for dirt though. i have heard that track is fast. would love to see the dirt times against sand times.

400exrules
11-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by SHADETREE101
have you ever seen the group from precision powersports down there. i think they come to you rtrack a couple times a year. i will make that trip with them next season. i will have to get my wheelie bar and struts ready for dirt though. i have heard that track is fast. would love to see the dirt times against sand times.

i think ive seen them, do they have like 3 250r's, and a 250 atc?

But yah, this is a really fast track, it runs like .3 faster then all other dirt tracks, its considered one of the hardest hooking tracks in the country.

Klotz Director
11-21-2005, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by 450robot
does your oil really change color when needed to be replaced? or does it just turn a blackish, like every other oil?

and, could you explain to me what all the 10w40 10w50 20w40 20w60 mean?

i mean, what the first number for, and the last?

haha, thanks i always just wondered

Okay, the color change will occur in all oils, mostly because no oil will last forever and the color change signifies the end of the oil life. Since this occurs at different times depending on how hard you ride, your engine, and a variety of other factors, this is a good, easy to understand measurement.
The 10w/40 is complicated, but here is the easy answer: When the engine is cold, the oil acts like a 10 weight. this is good for start up. as the engine heats the oil acts like a 40 weight, which provides the better protection. this isn't to say the higher the number the better, as you'll notice that your car may only use a 5w/30, or a 5w/20, whereas we sell a lot of 20w/50 in the Harley market.
Also, their are straight weight oils such as SAE 60, which is used in a lot of old engines, and is becoming common in the new rotary engines in the import car market.

Does that help?

wilkin250r
11-21-2005, 10:30 AM
It's been several months since this thread was last active. I'm glad to see you return and still willing to field questions.

I'm usually the guy with all the answers, but my area of expertise is electrical. In every other aspect I'm just a tinkerer. It would be nice to hear some real technical answers from a true expert.

One question that often pops up is the addition of friction modifiers (as I understand, common in automotive synthetic oils), and the effects such modifiers would have on a wet clutch. Please shed some light on this, and feel free to be as technical as possible.

Klotz Director
12-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It's been several months since this thread was last active. I'm glad to see you return and still willing to field questions.

I'm usually the guy with all the answers, but my area of expertise is electrical. In every other aspect I'm just a tinkerer. It would be nice to hear some real technical answers from a true expert.

One question that often pops up is the addition of friction modifiers (as I understand, common in automotive synthetic oils), and the effects such modifiers would have on a wet clutch. Please shed some light on this, and feel free to be as technical as possible.

The simple answer is that friction modifiers will "dry out" your wet clutch, essentially destroying it. This is why automotive oils are so dangerous to use in your quad. The exact description of what happens is too lengthy to even discuss here, but essentially the "drying out" effect is the best way to put it, even when it is still immersed in oil.

bradley300
12-07-2005, 08:38 AM
The exact description of what happens is too lengthy to even discuss here,

maybe you need to read a few of wilkin's post, lmao

10-04-2006, 01:55 AM
sorry to bring up a old thread BUT

how do i get it shipped to me?

where do i buy it

what should i use with a Honda 250x with 12:1 compression piston

and can i use the tank again? i like the looks of them

Klotz Director
10-04-2006, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
sorry to bring up a old thread BUT

how do i get it shipped to me?

where do i buy it

what should i use with a Honda 250x with 12:1 compression piston

and can i use the tank again? i like the looks of them

Shipping can be tough for most people because UPS charges a $25 hazardous fee on top of shipping. If you are willing to accept the freight costs, give us a call.

Otherwise, call in, (800)242-0489, and we'll find a dealer near you.

For the Honda, use our 113 Octane (KL-408), which is our most popular gasoline. When it is empty, feel free to use it for whatever you would like. I know people that reuse it for bulk gasoline, keep it around for a bike stand, and even let it dry out and keep their loose change in it.

If you know someone that is going to a GNCC race ask them to pick up a few cans at the trailer for you. It will save on shipping, and you can store the gas unopened for up to a year.

wilkin250r
03-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Is this thread still active?

I have several questions for an oil expert.

What makes a "castor" oil better or worse? Why does it need to be degummed? Why can't it be used in oil injection systems?

Are there any pitfalls when using Castor oil with powervalves?

bwamos
03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I remember seeing a really good article somewhere in regards to castor oil vs. 2-stroke oils written by a petroleum engineer.

I know little about it, but I'll see if I can dig up the old thread for you.