PDA

View Full Version : 265 Kit, Need Help And Info Please!!!

RUTHLESS
04-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A REASONABLE 265 KIT OR IF I COULD PUT ONE TOGETHER MYSELF? WOULD I NEED MORE THAN A PISTON KIT, GASKET SET AND A BORE JOB? IS THE 265 A 68MM PISTON? DO YOU RUN A SLEEVE? DO YOU USE A SPACER PLATE? CAN I RUN PUMP FUEL? ANY OTHER MODS HAVE TO BE DONE? BASICALLY I'M LOOKING FOR MORE TORQUE/POWER FOR A COMPETITVE XC/HS QUAD. ANY HELP WITH LINKS OR PHONE NUMBERS WOULD BE GREAT. LONG LIVE THE R

250R-Dee
04-05-2005, 07:30 AM
Chill with the cap locks:(

You will need to rebore the cylinder to match the pistons. A new sleeve will not be needed unless your current sleeve is TOAST.

You will not need a space plate if you are using a normal '86 shortrod setup or a normal '87-'89 longrod setup. You will need the spacer if you install an '87-'89 length rod on a motor with an '86 cylinder jug.

http://www.ctracing.com/
http://www.esr250.com/
http://www.ftzracing.com/
http://krankit-racing.com/shop/
http://www.soreracing.com/

Awesome site with awesome info
http://www.macdizzy.com/

baker250r
04-05-2005, 08:02 AM
a 265 motor is just a .80 over bore on a stock cylinder. I run a 265 for my motor, and with the port job i have in it, it is a beast. I got my cylinder done by RB racing in michigan. He does a great job, and is very very good on the walet. I got mine bored .80 over, new piston kit, port job, and cylinder decked for 300 bucks. u cant get a port job for that from esr or lrd or them places.

zedicus00
04-05-2005, 08:15 AM
all yr jugs work no matter what. spacer plate is for 87-89 rod with 86 piston.

deathman53
04-05-2005, 04:47 PM
I don't understand the 265 thing, if your cylinder is at 40 over why waste 3 bores for 5cc's more, BORING DOESN'T MAKE POWER, a combination of porting, carb, head and pipe mods do. The racers bore them out to 80 over because they get a new cylinder everytime they have to rebuild and they want every advantage they can get, for most riders even racers they aren't gonna notice the 5cc's difference. you will notice alot more from a cr head gasket than a 80 over bore.

JTRtrx250r
04-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
I don't understand the 265 thing, if your cylinder is at 40 over why waste 3 bores for 5cc's more, BORING DOESN'T MAKE POWER, a combination of porting, carb, head and pipe mods do. The racers bore them out to 80 over because they get a new cylinder everytime they have to rebuild and they want every advantage they can get, for most riders even racers they aren't gonna notice the 5cc's difference. you will notice alot more from a cr head gasket than a 80 over bore. exactly what he said!

I see it all the time too, ppl just bore past usable bores:confused: like bore it all out for power...LOL:D

etter696
04-05-2005, 07:28 PM
what cr head gasket are u guys using, my motor was .80 over when i got it, what benifits do u get with this gasket thanks

Eddiesanders250
04-05-2005, 07:36 PM
whats the biggest bore you can get on a stock head like 120 over??

JTRtrx250r
04-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by etter696
what cr head gasket are u guys using, my motor was .80 over when i got it, what benifits do u get with this gasket thanks I know alotta guys run the 89 cr250 head gasket, it bumps the compression more than the ATC250r gasket

you have stock
ATC which = more compression
and the CR250 which = even more compression

Some guys use the center section of the stock 3-peice metal trx gasket, which is about the equevelent to the CR gasket..

once you bump the compression, you gotta run higher octane gas... and rejet for it. I got a compression chart from MacDizzy..

http://macdizzy.com/compress.htm it'll give you an idea..

beerock
04-05-2005, 08:58 PM
pro racers use 265cc's because it was the max limit in ama competition for GNC. if you want to win you need the max. ive gone from bore to bore .10 over, .20 over etc...
there is a difference..

zedicus00
04-06-2005, 06:58 AM
use one of the edged pieces of the trx gasket not the center piece. and i agree with bee, there is a power diference with the bores. every lil bit helps.

JTRtrx250r
04-06-2005, 08:01 AM
to spend $300-$600 in port work... and then bore it completely out....LOL, not my kind of smarts...

I used to run the center section, but dont like to deal w/ blown head gaskets, sealer isnt always reliable... and you shouldnt have to use it. Since running a fiber head basket w/ the ring, no more blown head gaskets

gotta love assemballing a motor... just to have to pull it apart again b/c of a leak:rolleyes: :huh

zedicus00
04-06-2005, 08:21 AM
you know u can relseeve a jug right? the center section out of one of the gaskets is just a smooth chrome spacer. iether use the whole thing or the edge pieces. or just one of the edge pieces. but you are prolly right if yur not racing you might as well use all the bores so you dont hafta hav it resleeved every time. there is a difference in power though.

JTRtrx250r
04-06-2005, 08:36 AM
LOL... yeah, Ive spent almost as much for the port-match to the new sleeve as the portwork was, LaSleeve will gouge ya!! my bill was $547... ouch!

I might have just been able to buy another cyl and get it ported for that much haha

zedicus00
04-06-2005, 08:40 AM
you need to find sumone else to do yur topend work.

wilkin250r
04-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Send your cylinder to a reputable shop for portwork and head modifications (or, buy and aftermarket head). Tell them what kind of racing you plan to do, and what type of powerband you are looking for.

Buy a new pipe to match your new port job. Not just the silencer end piece, buy a WHOLE new pipe. The shop doing your portwork can probably recommend one.

Yes, it's more expensive, but it will give you WAY more power than a simple 265cc bore. Plus, it will last longer, because you have overbores available.

JTRtrx250r
04-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
you need to find sumone else to do yur topend work. FTZ did it!

L.S. just resleeved it and did the port match to the new sleeve

I just prefer to get the most bores out of a jug I can, I dont have $$ to burn like that, especially when I really loved the power output, FTZ can make chit fly!

Dave83
04-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I think a real 265 is .100 over(68.5mm).If your wanting bottom end,run a long rod crank with a 86 style piston and the spacer plate.No matter what bore your on.The thinner gasket raises the compression so how thin depends on how much you want to pay for fuel.I use the 2 thin parts of a stock gasket with a milled head.Compression runs around 215-220psi.

beerock
04-06-2005, 09:57 PM
well, for bottom end, the 88 crank without the spacer is peppier, the spacer plate has a wider powerband and revs a lil higher.

I have used the center piece with spray on permatex copper gasket and NEVER had a problem, I even used the center piece twice and never leaked.., i just cleaned it and resprayed it.

i was getting 210 psi.. but my head was cut. then i switched to a 86 style and was at 200 or somewhere around there.

im with you on the boring JT, i bored my B+B from 20 over to .30 over and etc.. the B+B was strong all the time and got alot of life out of it. 68.50 is 2 away from last bore, 68.75 and 69mm are next hard to get a 68.75 though.

Not everyone will notice the power increase each bore, but you can notice it. and man from ,20 over to a .80 over theres a def difference. and a ported cylinder will take mroe advantage over each bore too.