PDA

View Full Version : trails near NEWBURGH NY

yellow_ho_01
05-13-2002, 09:51 AM
i might be moving up to the Newburgh NY area in a couple month and im just currious if there are any trails/tracks in the area. Id think that with as much woodland as there is, there has to be something.........

rossano
05-13-2002, 10:58 AM
hello-

there are a few tracks in/around newburgh. one is called walden. http://www.waldenmx.com/

another may be called diamondback, i think it's a supercross track

as for trails, there's a lot up there if you just ask a local person. one place i know of is MAYBROOK off of I-84.

me and my riding buds have been giving pennsylvania a try, but it's far and it's ROCKY

good luck
-rossano

dawzie
05-13-2002, 02:15 PM
I'm from Newburgh area. We lost all our "trail riding" places after (9/11). That area by Maybrook is also called MTA. The DEC patrols that with ATV's. Last month they IMPOUNED 50 quads in one weekend. They dont want motorized things there. It was in the newspapers. We also use to ride the N.Y. CITY water pipe lines. Now the DEP police stopped us from doing that. So, if you are not into MX racing then the only thing left is ATV NY at Lembo Lake in Modena. About 20 minutes from Newburgh.:(

Adam496
05-13-2002, 06:57 PM
there is also most of the d34 tracks around there

Punk13rym
05-13-2002, 07:51 PM
if you go down to warwick you could go to Wickham or cascade lake

rossano
05-13-2002, 11:09 PM
yeah man, we got some tickets at maybrook too, but it was because we were way into the property- past the posted fences. we got tickets, but the cop was cool about not having plates/reg/insurance. the cop said if we stay between the tracks and the fence (posted property line), and legalize the bikes, there would be no problem. it's a lot smaller area without going into the posted land, though

05-21-2002, 03:14 PM
Im from Westchester which isn't far from Newburgh and I hear that Mount Beacon is open to riding and its just over the bridge from Newburgh. I haven't been there myself so I couldn't tell you for sure. Also you might want to go to morroneys shop on 300 in newburg. Get off exit 7s on 84 and it will be on your right. They might be able to give you an idea of some places to ride. I've also heard of a place to ride in Wappingers Falls but I don't know much about it yet. Hopefully I will soon.

As for motocross tracks there are 3 in the walden area. Ace, Diamondback and walden playboy (I think those are the names). My friends ride there on wed for the open practice.

If you don't mind the drive there are a few places in PA including jack frost which has 4 tracks and a bunch of trails. Also there is the NJ off road vehicle park in Chattsworth nj

Don

yellow_ho_01
05-22-2002, 07:14 AM
well, thanks for the info.....

Big400EX
07-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Wow its good to see that there are some people from Newburgh here. Im from Newburgh, near Orange Lake. Im just getting my quad in a few months so I will be riding on my friends trails and stuff.

So you guys rode the aqueduct? Man that must be awesome, once upon a time I used to see people riding it. Near Walkill High School, ya know.

Big400EX
07-29-2004, 10:37 PM
We got places to ride now, their not as legal as we expected though :o

shawn10
08-27-2006, 02:00 PM
hey guys i have live in krollacres in newburgh ny for 6 years thers sum trails behind my house id say 100 acres its umthing new and theres this place cromer hill park where the overlook tower is its only ridable in the winter cuz dec but its safe in the winter the trails behind my house i have permission to ride on andi go to mta under 84 if any one wants to come riding with me email me shawn12550@myway.com or im me on aim chopperboy2006

jtquad
08-29-2006, 03:24 PM
we ride in monticello area / fosterdale. Its 1 hr from newburgh but awesome riding. The club up there is Team FAS Racing Motosports Club (http://www.teamfasracing.com) If you join that site, they invite and let you ride free all year around! I am also going to look at 375 acres bordering 4000 acres of state forest in 2 weeks. It is about 45 minutes from newburgh. The sole purpose of buying this land will be for an all new atv / dirtbike adventure park. Complete with mx drag and TT tracks as well as many many trails. Ill keep everyone posted - JT

CHIROCHRIS
09-01-2006, 08:22 AM
i have been to jt's spot and it is great...highly recommend it as usual..

as for mta..it over..the party is over.cant ride there anymore as of last wk...

deerfield, near middletown is also shut down starting this wk..it was in the paper yesterday.....go to the www.themudbuds.com and read the post losing ground...its all there..

4TraxRider
09-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Chiro is right, JT has the spot to ride. We have a few spots in monticello also, but nothing to crazy. We take a lot of trips to tracks and other riding areas a lot of weekends if you ever want to go.

jtquad
09-02-2006, 06:24 AM
Tyler dont forget 9am tommorrow at Russells for the Group leader meeting and run - JT