PDA

View Full Version : New DG BULLET exguast anyone got it???

enduro400rider
04-04-2005, 08:00 PM
i saw the new DG bullet in the new dirt wheels anyone have it yet? It looked pretty cool but i want to know how it performs before i go tradin in my Yoshi

kilabeez0
04-04-2005, 08:23 PM
would u really trade in for anything DG???:eek2:

Cody_300ex
04-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by kilabeez0
would u really trade in for anything DG???:eek2:

To tell you the truth I really think DG has gpt there chit together on this one! It's even got a billet end cap. But I wouldnt go as far as to trade my yoshi for it. JMO

DeerNuts
04-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Why does DG get bashed. I have read tons of stuff on here about how much they suck and few people go on to explain WHY they suck.

I have one, and Im happy with it. its just a slip-on, and all slip on's are about the same (bottom end ones-medium priced).
Why are they inferior? Do the welds suck? Is the power just not there?

Just wondering.

MXRACER86
04-05-2005, 02:04 PM
I have owned DG parts before, I have pretty much used every part they make! And I am very happy with there products!!
I know there a hell of alot better then X-Factor products!!! People just say that DG sucks because that is what they hear!!! I think DG parts are great quality products!!!

j753301
04-05-2005, 02:59 PM
i agree with mxracer,i had a dg full system on my 400ex before the sparks and had zero complaints

wheeltrax
04-05-2005, 05:27 PM
im not a big fan of a few of DG's bolt ons. Many of the boltons i have seen havnt lined up well or have taken some tweaking to make it fit. my friends 2 stroke exaust didnt fit well either.

kilabeez0
04-05-2005, 05:49 PM
in dirt wheels pipe shootout, the DG pipe was a joke both in the quality dept. and the performance dept. the thing started falling apart on the first ride. Good enough for me to stay away from there pipes.

Toadz400
04-05-2005, 06:00 PM
I've owned DG products and I'll never own them again. I've ridden quads with DG exhausts and they were horrible power gains (re-jetted also), I've had DG nerf bars and they didn't line up, I actually had to cut and bend them to make them fit.

chucked
04-05-2005, 06:02 PM
and they sound like crap.

kilabeez0
04-05-2005, 06:26 PM
and the kid i bought my 400ex from had a DG swing arm skid on it and the bolt holes didn't line up so it ended up getting ripped off cuz he left the bolt out alltogether like an idiot.:rolleyes:

chucked
04-05-2005, 06:28 PM
I had a dg baja swing arm skid, it was horrible because it was just flat on the bottom, got stuck on everything, it was like a surf board.

wheeltrax
04-05-2005, 06:47 PM
i have the DG alloy series nerfs on my quad, and surprisingly they line up well, and i have yet to to have a problem with them.. other then some tires I.E. some 22" rub on them.

chucked
04-05-2005, 07:00 PM
O yea! I also had some dg steel nerfs, they pretty much dont exist anymore thanks to rust. Thats what I get for going cheap there though....

badass300ex
04-05-2005, 07:09 PM
The new pipes are not avalible until the end of the month.

deathman53
04-05-2005, 07:22 PM
I hate the dg pipe I have on my 200x, its loud and doesn't seem like it makes more power. I put a spark arrester on it to quiet it down and it does quite effectively, its still annoying. I'd love to get a different one,but there isn't too many options for a 86 200x.

whiteflash
04-05-2005, 11:19 PM
i too i heard alot crap about the DG's being bad, i love mine. i saw a great low end gain and has a nice sound even if it is alittle loud. for 170 it also wasnt a bad price...

Chino
04-06-2005, 10:17 AM
the only DG product i never tore up or had line up wrong was my baja series full chasis skid. the only bad thing about them is the damn allen head bolts you gotta tighten em down real good, but then you usually end up rounding the heads of them off when you loosen them. anymore i stay away from DG thou imo there are alot better products out on the market ~

Trevor
04-06-2005, 11:31 AM
I havn't had any problems with my DG stuff on my 300EX check out my pics.

400exrider707
04-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Ok the original post was about the new DG bullet exhaust which actually appears to be of way better materials and crafstmanship than the normally disfunctional stuff that comes from DG. We all know that DG is not one of the best and greatest with their aftermarket parts, but the new exhausts seem to be good. So if anyone knows about the new "bullet" exhausts then please chime in because I too am interested to see how it is.

nacs400ex
04-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
I have owned DG parts before, I have pretty much used every part they make! And I am very happy with there products!!
I know there a hell of alot better then X-Factor products!!! People just say that DG sucks because that is what they hear!!! I think DG parts are great quality products!!!

Can you explain to me how DG is better than X-factor? X-factor's products are the same as Gibsons. Their nerfs have stainless steel pegs, and they bolt up with zero problems. I cant say the same for the DG and AC nerfs I have owned previously. You have to reef on the damn things to fit.

People say DG suck, because they do. My nerfs were bent to hell, the pegs wore down after a week of riding, bumper was full of scratches when I got it. I just refuse to buy it because of past experiences. It doesnt make sense for people to buy a product if they hear its bad.

2muchquad
04-07-2005, 03:15 AM
It doesnt make sense for people to buy a product if they hear its bad

now how can that be a fair unbiased statement?one thing to consider is there will always be 2 sides to every story.for example if i bought "dg" brand nerf bars and and i was giving 2 of my buddies a ride with each one standing on a nerf bar and they broke,would it be justified to come on here telling potential buyers on this forum that "dg" nerf bars suck?didnt think so.me personally i tend to look things over for myself,i can usually get a feel for the build quality such as the quality of the welds and looks.price is ALWAYS a factor.of course when buying from a catalog this isnt always possible.good day gents:)

infantry317
04-07-2005, 11:05 AM
I saw a set dg nerf brackets bust on a small mx jump where my buds heel barely hit it on landing, I got rid of mine the next week for AC's

enduro400rider
04-07-2005, 02:50 PM
ok besides all the dissing on the nerfs and stuff does any one know anything about the exuast? im not worried about nerfs or skids. my DG skids seem to work great for me and the bumper to i just want to hear about the Bullet

Jersey450R
08-23-2006, 06:33 AM
anyone got the bullet yet?

Mx_523
08-23-2006, 08:33 AM
I was reading the whole thread before I realized it was well over a year old. I have a picture of the DG Bullet with Keith Little. I think there is like one person on this site that I saw they had the exhaust and I forget who it is.

Toadz400
08-23-2006, 11:07 AM
When I was at the Guetter's house someone had it on their 450. I thought it was a brand new exhaust so I sneakily took pictures of it:D . Then I saw this thread awhile ago and noticed that I had even posted in it a year ago, just forgot about it I guess. This summer was the first time I had ever seen it, hadn't heard it or heard anything about it performing well. But I assume it's a halfway decent pipe if one of the Akraix guys had it on their quad.

tltcracing
08-23-2006, 04:07 PM
the NEW DG pipe is a decent one. one guy in the 450R secion just got one so hit him up with any ?'s.