PDA

View Full Version : DC-2 No link rear suspension

stever250r
04-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Here is my question. I purchased a stock 87 frame modified by Walsh. The previous owner said it was set up to run a DC-2 no link rear end. The stock mount links are no longer on the frame so I have to run a no link rear.

He told me the DC-2 was designed to run any standard link swingarm. I thought I needed to get a no link swingarm. Not that I dont trust what the quy says, I just want some more input on the DC-2.

Can I run a standard link swingarm? If so what length shock do I need for a 88 style swinger on a 250r? What swingarm do you all recommend for quality and price? Help me please.:confused:

R3Concepts
04-04-2005, 09:08 PM
A DC2 no link is LSRs version of a no link swinger. You cant run a standard swinger with a no link style setup, the leverage points are different and some have lower mounts. A no link shock is 17+ inches depending on a manufacturer. I would go with an LSR.

hontrx265r
04-06-2005, 11:12 AM
This is what your looking for..........

hontrx265r
04-06-2005, 07:34 PM
again

04-22-2005, 06:45 AM
If you need a rear shock I have a DC-2 Custom Axis shock I will sell you for $500 shipped. I am a Custom Axis dealer and authorized servicer and the shock has new seals in the seal head and is apart right now. I will revalve the shock for your wieght and riding style for free if you buy it. It will pretty much be a Brand New shock setup for you then! Let me know.