PDA

View Full Version : Marty to the rescue!!!

Texan32
05-13-2002, 07:52 AM
Well, folks heres how it goes. Those of you who read my last post saw that I was quite an unhappy camper to find that me $$$ Elka's were messed up when i got them. So, Friday night, i went wandering Wal-Mart for about an hour. Looking at EVERYTHIG trying to find something that would suffice. I was on my way out and there it was. FISHING LINE SPOOL!!! Looked and looked and decided....I'm gonna MAKE this work! An hour later, along with some creative cutting....BINGO. i had a makeshift crossover. By midnight thirty, they were put together and on the quad. After finally getting off work saturday, i loaded up and went riding.

AWSOME!!!!!! I'm here to tell you. These shocks work GREAT. I do mostly XC type riding and yes it is a good bit smoother. But these baby's REALLY shine on the jumps. I was hitting some pretty big jumps (which had no landing=flat landing). SMOOTH as could be. I was sailing 35-45 feet and landing flat. The only thing that bottomed out was my factory rear!

So, to get to the point. Marty left me a message sunday morning to call him at home. How many shop owners will let you call them at home?! Anyhow, he told me that a couple of new crossover rings will be shipped out today. and, that he was REALLY sorry for any inconvience and foul ups!

I just wanted to share this bit of info with ya'll.

Zero Z400
05-13-2002, 08:01 AM
How about a pic of what u did? Finally a good thing about Elka's.

Later

Texan32
05-13-2002, 08:04 AM
I'll try to snap one later this afternoon. I gotta tell you, it's pretty rough lookin' :p

DESDAK4
05-13-2002, 09:13 AM
Texan where did you find jumps like that? I am glad to here everything is going to work out and it seems I know were to go for shocks.

Texan32
05-13-2002, 10:38 AM
There are a couple that are along 83 if your headed out to the base. The ones i like to hit are on the south bound side. There is also a pretty good one (its kinda small though) on the 83 bypass just south of the 4 ave intersection.

i talked to my buddy's about Mem. Day weekend. One guy is bringing his tri-z, warrior and his grizzly. My other buddy is trying to fix his Raptor in time and will also be bringing his 300ex. I trying to get my other buddy (he works CE) to come down with us. I figure between extra quads, fishing poles and bunch of beer, there will be something for him to do :p

DESDAK4
05-13-2002, 10:43 AM
Yeh, I will have a guy with an old polaris, My wife with here trailblazer and my kids with there T-Rex 90. We also know a few people down there with big bikes shees, DS650's and what not. It should be a real good weekend if I can keep up with those of you who are bit more daring.

Texan32
05-13-2002, 11:04 AM
This is all assuming that i don't break anything this weekend at my race....body or quad...:rolleyes:

DESDAK4
05-13-2002, 11:09 AM
That would be bad. When I was down there a week ago the DS 650s and shees were all over the place it was crazy. But you know most of the people around here a pretty nice and you can learn allot just talking to them.

Texan32
05-13-2002, 11:10 AM
oh yeah, little birdy tells me that you got run off the road by the PoPo and given a little present :devil

DESDAK4
05-13-2002, 11:13 AM
Yeh I had two tires on pavement and that cop lost his mind, that guys was nuts I tell ya. Cost 20 bucks

Texan32
05-13-2002, 11:18 AM
Yeah, the guy with the Raptor (i forget his name) told me. He and i shot M-16 friday and told me about it. i sais the cop nearly ran you over. I'm really surprised. I've been riding up here for a year now, and not once has a cop EVER said anything to me. Maybe he was just having a bad day. who knows.

DESDAK4
05-13-2002, 11:24 AM
Stu is the guys name. I think the cop thought he had a group of kids or something and he did really come close to taking me out. It seems I always have dumb luck like that. Did you see in the body forum I cut my front fender and put some scoops on.

Texan32
05-13-2002, 11:31 AM
Yeah i did. Looks pretty good.

DESDAK4
05-13-2002, 11:41 AM
yeh I like they have actually been trimmed up since that pic.

Texan32
05-15-2002, 12:55 PM
If you can see, there is what i made. I used some fishing line spools and cut them to fit.

Texan32
05-15-2002, 12:59 PM
Well, i finally got the film developed. You can see the white spacer in the middle. it's actually fishing line spools cut down to fit. I know its crude, but its working for now

[IMG]C:\WINNT\Profiles\coquatjt\Personal\My Pictures\shock.jpg[Img]

Texan32
05-15-2002, 01:01 PM
ok, that didn't work....how bout this..