PDA

View Full Version : Krylon Fusion

rYan01400EX
04-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Hi guys, I was wondering.. I was gonna try and paint my EX plastic with this Paint and was wondering how good it is.. If anyone has used it, painted there plastic with it or anything, let me know :D

Thanks,
Ryan

Cdaleracer
04-04-2005, 02:48 PM
I have used it on 2 different quads. Putting it on during the warmer weather works better. Make sure you plastic is very clean first. It works and looks better if you don't roll your quad after its done too!!!

The first quad we did it too was my Lakota. Went trail ridind with it all Summer. The only problem with it was the rocks and such. It was hard to keep the paint on the bottom side of the fenders.

The second quad is my MX Cannondale. My husband did this during winter and it flaked, plus I wrecked and flipped the quad a few times and all the paint came off one side of it. I thought where my knees rub would be a problem but its not.

Its a lot of work, trial and error kind of thing. But cheaper than new plastic, and lots of colors to choose from!!

Good luck

Cdaleracer
04-04-2005, 02:50 PM
1 more thing, its better to let it actually sit for a week like it says before riding it

2004exrider
04-06-2005, 03:59 PM
that paint is really strong, id be afraid of it flacking from trail riding. it will probly take a lot of maintenace to keep it looking good.