PDA

View Full Version : IATVHSS Round #1 THE FARM Indianola,IA

Johnny & Monica
04-04-2005, 10:58 AM
April 9th and 10th The Farm Indianola, IA

This weekend is a two day event starting Saturday with mx races all day and the xc races set for Sunday.

Saturday night bonfire!!!

Special Award for top combined Saturday & Sunday finish:
“Master” of The Farm (Qualifying classes: A, B, C, +30, Utility)

Saturday, April 9th - ATV Motocross - AMA D22 Quad Points Race
ATV MX Money Classes Award Classes
“A” Class: Guaranteed Payout! “B” “C” “+25” “+30” “16-24” “Utility” “Women”
“13-15 (up to 200cc 2-stroke or 300cc 4stroke)”

“HS-A –Special MX class for Hare Scramble Racers”
“HS-B –Special MX class for Hare Scramble Racers"
“4-11 (50cc)” “9-15 (up to 90cc 2-stroke or 125cc 4stroke) These classes will be ran on the Youth Track!
“Vet Open”: +25 & up (100% Payback)
Gate Opens: 7am Practice: 10am Racing: Noon
Entry Fee: $40.00(money classes) $30.00(award class)
AMA & District membership cards required.
1st Place $500.00
2nd Place $400.00
3rd Place $300.00
4th Place $200.00
5th Place $100.00
6th Place $ 75.00
7th Place $50.00

Hare Scramble info classes and fees..........April 10th
Classes: A, B, C, +30, +40, Utility, Women's, Junior (13-15yr), 50cc, 90cc and Stock

Entry Fees: A $40; B, C, +30, +40, Utility, Women's, Junior, Stock $30; 50cc, 90cc $20

Schedule: 9-9:45am: 50cc/90cc; 10-Noon: C, Utility, Women, Jr, Stock; 1-3pm: A, B, +30, +40

www.iatvhss.com

It's going to be a great race filled weekend. See ya all there.

montycarlo
04-04-2005, 11:51 AM
There will be no motocross for me on Saturday, but no soccer games either this sunday! ;)
I'll get my online registration done after I ride tomorrow and confirm that I still don't have a blown engine. I still don't know what class to run in.... B, C, or 30+ :confused:

1fastprototype
04-04-2005, 12:14 PM
I will be there on saturday, if anyone needs there tireballs serviced and I will also have a limited amount of Maxxis tires.

Hawk III
04-04-2005, 02:00 PM
i will be racing the mx on saturday!! my xc bike isn't done yet :( so i will be pitting for rpm on sunday!! it's going to be such a great place to kick off the year!

watts16
04-04-2005, 05:02 PM
i hope i can be there if i have my parts
this is what i have to replace got a lonestar coming

parkers30
04-04-2005, 05:17 PM
you need seals and bearings? cause I have a set you could aquire, I have no use for em

watts16
04-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
you need seals and bearings? cause I have a set you could aquire, I have no use for em
nope already got them
bought a lonstar carrier

Shawn H
04-04-2005, 08:47 PM
I need my Tireballs serviced:cool: I have all the stuff to do it but I hate messing with them:(

I also have a bunch of blown ones I think they are under warranty yet?

dirtriderex
04-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Jeff (prototype) arn't you going to be there sunday too?

rpmquad
04-04-2005, 08:49 PM
HANDS ON HELMET lol 6 days and counting :macho

td how are your tires after bartlett :devil:

1fastprototype
04-04-2005, 10:02 PM
I will be there on saturday and sunday so if you need tires or balls changed come see me, I will be on vender row. Bring your bad balls I will have replacements.

Jeff

tdsongster
04-04-2005, 10:25 PM
There were a few punctures but no big deal. I knew they wouldn't last forever when I got them. They will prob need replacing next year anyways.

I dropped off the quad to have the last of the mods put on it today. Are you going to Bartlett again this week?

Later

burrows
04-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by 1fastprototype
I will be there on saturday and sunday so if you need tires or balls changed come see me, I will be on vender row. Bring your bad balls I will have replacements.

Jeff

This is just awsome that you are going to be there. This is such a great series.
And the comic I am and am always out to have a great time and hope to meet you I could really say alot about that last sentence :blah: :D lol lol But the good person everyone knows I WON'T but darn it sure is hard to refrain myself. mommab

1fastprototype
04-05-2005, 06:26 AM
I am quite the comic myself so bang away. What is the deal with the saturday race?

Hawk III
04-05-2005, 09:42 AM
saturday is the first ever quad mx race at the farm!!

the Z Man
04-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Just finished the last touches on the ol R' IMS pegs and Moose nerfs.... 3 Days!!! Everyone Ready!!!! Z.

jgfarmsracer
04-06-2005, 12:26 PM
nope not even close

No swing-arm, no steering stabilizer, front master cyclinder needs rebuilt, just got new chain and sprockets

the Z Man
04-06-2005, 02:40 PM
I got a brand new stocker if ya needer Jason.. let me know. Z.

burrows
04-06-2005, 03:10 PM
NOOO! Michael didn't get his back shocks. Have been on order since January. GT Thunder what is the problem. We need them bad. He got rained out today so is doing last min. things on it. Bradley is ready...Just got to put a kill switch on which is at Johnnys.

Monica hope you are feeling better. She has bronchitus (sp), phnemonia, and snius infection but tough girl says she will see us at Iowa. mommab

montycarlo
04-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Well, I didn't wreck or blow up the engine last night when I went play-riding, so I'm registered and paid. :D

I decided that I'll be in the group looking silly with their hands on their helmets marked "B"

QUADROOKIE
04-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Well, hopefully Paul figured out my problem and I'll be ready for sunday. Boy is it gonna be muddy in the woods!!!

jdwxv3
04-06-2005, 08:09 PM
I am going to try and make it. I plan on getting a brand spankin new 450R on Friday and if things go well I should be able to race. Is the B class up there like the Missouri A class?

Will the 450R go 2 hours with out having to fill up the gas tank?

Can I get a district card at the race? Also how much are they?

Later, Josh

burrows
04-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
I am going to try and make it. I plan on getting a brand spankin new 450R on Friday and if things go well I should be able to race. Is the B class up there like the Missouri A class?

Will the 450R go 2 hours with out having to fill up the gas tank?

Can I get a district card at the race? Also how much are they?

Later, Josh

You will only need a district card if you race the MX Saturday. If you do then you can buy one there. If you only race Sunday all you need is your ama or ATVA card, kill swithch and you will be ready. they say it is raining up there now. You will need to stop and refill at least once. Michael sure likes his new honda. Look us up when ya get there.......mommab

Shawn H
04-06-2005, 08:20 PM
hmm Wonder whats taking Gt Thunder so long? Laz is always quick:confused:

Im not ready yet, either I have to replace all my A-arm bushings, 1 front rotor and all the brake pads, fasten my skidplate more, air filter and crap.

Ill be ready tho!!

Josh,
You can get a D-card at the race they are 20bucks you wont need 1 for the XC race just MX.

Last year I ran out of gas on my 450r at the Farm last lap 2/3rd the way thru it. All stock It was my debut race with it.

QUADROOKIE
04-06-2005, 08:24 PM
The B class up here has some very good riders in it. I dont know how to compare it to Mo's A class, maybe johnny or one of the other Mo guys could answer that. But the A class here is very, very tough. Several pro quality racers in that class. I you can hang with Duane Johnson and Michael Burrows in Mo. then A class is where you belong. If not B class is a good fit. I used to think I was a pretty fast rider, til I watched one of these races last year. eek: So I am racing C class. You will only need a district card if you plan to race the mx on saturday. Otherwise your ama or atva card works for the xc race. And yes you can buy one at the race, I think they (district card) are 20 bucks? See you there!!

QUADROOKIE
04-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
hmm Wonder whats taking Gt Thunder so long? Laz is always quick:confused:

Im not ready yet, either I have to replace all my A-arm bushings, 1 front rotor and all the brake pads, fasten my skidplate more, air filter and crap.

Ill be ready tho!!

Josh,
You can get a D-card at the race they are 20bucks you wont need 1 for the XC race just MX.

Last year I ran out of gas on my 450r at the Farm last lap 2/3rd the way thru it. All stock It was my debut race with it.

Man!! I must type slow!! None of those posts were there when I started typing??? Oh well, he will get the picture!!

Hey Shawn...dont forget those wheels/tires. I got the Ipod all ready to go. I will have to meet up with you sometime on saturday to make the trade cuz I dont think I will be able to make the bonfire. Prolly early sat. morning if that works for you?

Shawn H
04-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Sounds good I mounted them up Yesterday and they are in the trailer>

Josh,
There is going to be some fast riders in the Bclass,Unfortunatley I dont know how you ride To compare,See ya there>

jgfarmsracer
04-06-2005, 10:03 PM
hey josh, Zac Johnson rides A class in iowa

burrows
04-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by jgfarmsracer
hey josh, Zac Johnson rides A class in iowa

Are you riding A this yr. Rumor says you are going to a different class. Is that true? mommab

buildinitnow
04-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Well its Thursday morning 12:48 a.m., and as usual my quad has work to be done. Got the base gasket and head gasket replaced today, so its time to get new chain, sprockets, and everything greased, pressured, torqued, oiled, and ready to rock and roll. Gosh i hope i am prepared good enough. See you all there. A little over two days for the mx and three until xc. Hands on Helmets and let the heart pump.

the Z Man
04-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Jason seems to be keeping some secrets from us, he is always on here looking around but not posting much... (?)
I pick up my new chain and Denton Stabilizer from Paul and Wes (Les) at Advantage Cycle (Quad) Thusrday Morning.

jdwxv3
04-07-2005, 04:34 AM
Hey guys and gals thanks for all the info! I know for a fact my fat arse can't hang with Duane or Micahel, or Gudde. I will race the B class and could probaly even get by with racing the C class but my younger Bro is racing the C class so I will take the plung to B I guess. But 2 hours is going to be hard on me:ermm: Anyway, I hope to get to talk to a lot of you. And Momma B I will for sure say hi, I always see you all at the race but I never wanted to bug you b/c you are like us and have about 10kids that race and it gets really hectic but I will for sure say hello this time. Later, Josh

jgfarmsracer
04-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by burrows
Are you riding A this yr. Rumor says you are going to a different class. Is that true? mommab

no i'm staing in A/ Proin Iowa, but i'm moving down to 4 Stroke A in the GNCC

Shawn H
04-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Momma
I talked to Laz, he says its Custom Axis who has the wait? I guess the lower fork is the hold up and unless your a Top Pro ya have to keep waiting>

You probably already knew all this tho?

See ya All Saturday Morning>

burrows
04-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Momma
I talked to Laz, he says its Custom Axis who has the wait? I guess the lower fork is the hold up and unless your a Top Pro ya have to keep waiting>

You probably already knew all this tho?

See ya All Saturday Morning>

Thanks for checking on this for us. Something is on back order and they have no idea when the thingy will be in. Just our luck so Michael will be riding with a stock back shock. Better put some padding in his arse. He did ok with all stock shocks at Kahoka. See ya this weekend.......mommab

79400ex
04-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
Hey guys and gals thanks for all the info! I know for a fact my fat arse can't hang with Duane or Micahel, or Gudde. I will race the B class and could probaly even get by with racing the C class but my younger Bro is racing the C class so I will take the plung to B I guess. But 2 hours is going to be hard on me:ermm: Anyway, I hope to get to talk to a lot of you. And Momma B I will for sure say hi, I always see you all at the race but I never wanted to bug you b/c you are like us and have about 10kids that race and it gets really hectic but I will for sure say hello this time. Later, Josh

Josh, THis mike from centralia. I am leaving around 5: 30 am sunday morning. If you need a ride drop me pm. If not I will see you there sunday morning .

jdwxv3
04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey Mike, thanks for the offer but we have 4 or five guys going up there and we have enough room as of right now. Thanks agian, Josh

QUADROOKIE
04-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Josh....B class is prolly a good choice. C class is most likely gonna be WAYY overcrowded. You will do well I am sure. See ya this weekend!!

Scott

Johnny & Monica
04-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Josh will do great in B an probaly pretty good in the A-class

All I`m missing is chain ,kill switch , An nerf bars

Johnny & Monica
04-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Chance man is even ready this week:D Taylors keeps kicking outta gear tear into it tommorow:mad:

burrows
04-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Josh will do great in B an probaly pretty good in the A-class

All I`m missing is chain ,kill switch , An nerf bars

What time are you leaving? Those are pretty good lookin wheels. lol. Read yur email. mommab

yfz450xc
04-08-2005, 04:33 AM
everybody have a good time this weekend and good luck to all you Iowa and Missouri boys' :D
Scott B johnson

the Z Man
04-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Welcome home Johnny!!!! I knew you would come around!! Nice looking bike there. See ya tomorrow. Bob

Johnny & Monica
04-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Johnny is busy putting a chain on his HONDA. Now if we can only get Tay's quad right. Having some major transmission problems.:( Can't wait to see everyone it's been a long winter and really missing Iowa.

Johnny & Monica
04-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Bob rode my honda today less less 5 min. an busted case oil everywhere.:(

QUADROOKIE
04-08-2005, 07:21 PM
:eek: Holy sh#@!!! Aand I thought I had last minute problems!!!!:eek2: Hope everythings ok!!

UbeenSmoked
04-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Jb Weld time Johnny hope u get it fixed

Luecker
04-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Good luck tomorrow guys and gals. Race safe and have fun.

I wanna see pictures and a race report Sunday night J/K.

I will hopefully see you all down in Brooks. If I have any money left by then.

EXtremephotos
04-10-2005, 08:08 PM
WEll i've got some good news...and some bad news for some of YA!! uhhh.... i will tell ya (for some of you) the good news.... i have got lots and lots of pictures.......of the kids.. of course.... and the first race... which was....utilitys....girls.....c- class.....jrs.... and whoever else...... and then when i got ready for the next set MY Camera DIED!!!!!!!! :( which was shocking because the battery charged all night and it didnt last long!! so now i know i have to buy extra ones!!! SORRY GUUYS!!!!! :( but dont worry i just make sure to get plenty of ya at the next one!!! the next one is in ottumwa right?? and at the next race i will be there early so i can set up in front this time and have some displays!! thanks and sorry again guys!!:( :mad: :(

UbeenSmoked
04-10-2005, 10:23 PM
O come one just tell us the truth u were just slacking...:devil:

just messing with ya brooke, hope u got some good one of me see ya then

Matt

jdwxv3
04-11-2005, 02:03 AM
Cant wait for the results. That track was killer. 2hrs is a lot harder than 1.5hrs. That track just kicked my fat *****. I will be lucky to be in the top 15-20 in the B class. Great race by the way Matt. And Snowgasm, Burrows, Johnson, and Catelro(I think) You guys are the men! You all are just plain freaking nuts! Nice meeting all of you all! Hopefully I can see you at another Iowa race or even in one of the MO races. Later, Josh

Hawk III
04-11-2005, 06:09 AM
i had the chance to race the mx part of it! wow, what a track. probably the best in the midwest! i heard the numbers from the mx were around 125 riders? and the total amount of xc riders was close to 400 all i can say is WOW!!!!! i would venture to say there is not another state that gets 400 xc riders at their races...someone correct me if i am wrong on my numbers

QUADROOKIE
04-11-2005, 07:18 AM
wOw!! What a race!!! My first race ever, I ran top 10 most of the way(I think anyway) not sure where I finnished, but as bad of shape as I am in physically, its a miracle I finnished at all! But I did, and both me and the quad are still intact, so far! I dont have anything to compare it to, but I cannott imagine a track being any more ddifficult than that one was. Great jpb Andy, Tracy, & crew!!!!!! Couldnt have been a better weekend of racing!!!!

-----400 quads sounds a little high to me, but maybe 400 total for the 2 days?? Maybe Im wrong, but I do know there were a TON of them there!!

UbeenSmoked
04-11-2005, 09:44 AM
yes it was a great weekend, the track was sweet but very tough and really put u in a mental state of mind at least me. it was nice meeting poeple, like Jason, Josh, Johnny.

well see u al; at the next race

MAtt

dirtriderex
04-11-2005, 10:09 AM
yeah everything went good but the beginning when some one in B class got hung up and held a bunch of us up:( for a minute or two. Then it was just passing people and try not getting stuck. When are results going to be up!

jdwxv3
04-11-2005, 10:27 AM
I got stuck behind that guy to. Was it a 400ex that tagged a tree real good and held probaly half of the class up? I was yelling at him like crazy, I felt bad for him because he was trying really really hard. I would have got off and helped him if I did not have that stinking kill switch on. Mine fell off 2 times in the woods and one time on the track and I got sick of kicking my quad.

dirtriderex
04-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Were you on a 450r, if so, were you the guy that I saw at McDonalds. I'm the kid from Chicago

rpmquad
04-11-2005, 11:03 AM
i talked with the wife of the track owner...she said they had close to 400 entrants :eek2: ...they were shocked alittle lol....way to go everyone...great race....warrning i an going to rant now lol

andy,tracy and all the volunters work there *** off to hold a quality race...they are not getting rich off this thing and both hold down 40+ hr weeks then spend all there free time working the series...soooo those of you who are *****ing about the results not being ready after there computer crashed and they had to manualy score everyone....get over it...you are there to have fun not sit there and rip into them for 15 mins because your C class racer dont know where or if they placed....if this is the worst thing that happens in your life you had better get on your knees and thank god....

outstanding race andy....thank you for all you do for us racers....

Shawn H
04-11-2005, 11:32 AM
Awesome race I feel Great today:huh
I made a few mistakes I should have been at least 2-3 minutes faster but I learned alot and will remember and fix my mistakes!

My hands are sore is all which suprises me .

It was nice meeting all of ya and puttting a face to everyones screen name>

Ron, I agree with ya totally. This same person did the same thing last year at the same race. She just want's her grandson to get whats coming> They really are nice people,But so need to realize Andy,Traci and the crew are doing there best.

To Andy/Traci and the Iowa staff,And Dave and the Farm crew

ITS ALL GOOD YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT!!!!! THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT RACE AND WEEEKEND EVENT>

jdwxv3
04-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
Were you on a 450r, if so, were you the guy that I saw at McDonalds. I'm the kid from Chicago

Yea that was me! We are real healthy eating Mcdonalds before the race, lol. Maybe that is why I got my ***** handed to me so bad lol. Me and side hill races just do not get along. I cant get them figured out for some reason. I would like to race another Iowa race this year so I dont have to go out like I did. I really like the way we are treated up there! Thanks to everyone at the Farm, the track was marked really well and laid out great. Now if I could just figure out how to go fast on that type of track I would be ok. :uhoh: Later and nice meeting all of you!

79400ex
04-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Does anyone has have the result. I hads to leave to get home before results were posted. jdwxv, riding on side hills or off cambers reguire picking the right lines and riding with head not your wiht your gas. As for the course, it was ok could done with out all the motorcross section. THe workers were everywhere to help poeple out.

montycarlo
04-11-2005, 12:17 PM
I haven't got the side hill thing figgered out either. :rolleyes: All I know is that is was a very bumpy ride for me. Oh, and for the first time in history I had fun on the MX part (of the XC race!). The extent of my jumping is what I've done on the IATVHSS tour.

I hadda get pull started 3 times as I developed a starting problem - not sure if my battery is shorted, charging system not working properly, or if my starter / solenoid simply went KAPUT. Something else to fix I guess. It never occured to me to quit stalling it in the trees. :ermm:

Johnny & Monica
04-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Saturday night fun

Johnny & Monica
04-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Prairiewrench

Johnny & Monica
04-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Momma

Johnny & Monica
04-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Unknown bmxer:D

cinigen9
04-11-2005, 01:56 PM
anyone know what the A class top five looked like?

Carson

Kev
04-11-2005, 02:42 PM
For those of you that went, there was 376 quads.
Unfortuanly the computer broke and they had to do manual scoring. They were unable to provide results for +30 and a couple other classes.

I hope to be posting some of my pictures later.

Kev

burrows
04-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Momma

You culd of forgotten that pic. Look at the devil in me. For those that thought I was such a nice person my eyes show it all. lol.
Ask Johnny what surprise he got while sitting in his trailor putting his clothes on? :devil: :blah: :D mommab

Johnny & Monica
04-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Johnny decided to spray Pat Johnson and Momma B with down with a garden hose. They got even with him

Johnny & Monica
04-11-2005, 04:06 PM
..:D :D :D :eek2:

bartlettracing
04-11-2005, 04:58 PM
A huge thanks to all involved with that race !!!!! EVERYONE !

what a awesome show ! there were alot of fires to deal with and I feel they were all handled the best they could be ... I feel realy bad for andy and crew for the things they had to deal with ... :(

no body was exspecting 400 guads ..

This will prove to be the all time best series ever ....

.... One sugestion I have ....

I saw a few riders get turned down for racing do to not having a teather cord installed right at the line ... that would suck .. I imagine some how they didnt get informed about them. not all have internet ect im sure ...

maybe a information sheet could be handed out at the enty with some basic information givin about what is exspected .

I personaly will bring some spare new teathers to the next race for sale if some people need them .. I felt for them watching them drive off the line ... bummer ....

again .... iowa series ROCKS !!!!!!!!!

See you at the next one !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

rpmquad
04-11-2005, 05:04 PM
:( that sucks...i had pro-design and pro-armour kill switches with me for sale...i wish i would have known they were without....

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-11-2005, 05:22 PM
we had the pro armor kill switches also... so there wasn't a lack of kill switches available, but if you didn't know you had to have them...... I agree with Bob on the information sheet handed out at registration that states rider and machine requirements because not all of us have internet..

I wish the computer hadn't crashed :( stupid computers :macho

Thanks for the Hard work Andy Tracy and crew and also the land owner I wish they all had facilities like that !

Shawn H
04-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by cinigen9
anyone know what the A class top five looked like?

Carson

1ST Duane Johnson
2nd Michael Burrows
3rd Shawn Hohneke
4th Greg kunhle? Not sure on his last name.
5th Zac Johnson?

BTW Johnny it looks as if ya pissed yourself:D

quadnice
04-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Just want to- THANK!!!
ANDY, TRACY, ALL OUR SPONSORS FOR THE IATVHSS & THE WHOLE GANG OF PEOPLE WHO MAKE THESE RACES HAPPEN!!!!!
No apologies needed here for the computer problems / scoring!!!
Everyone involved did an OUTSTANDING JOB for the circumstances they had to work with.

Can hardly wait for the next race.

Jerry Costello

burrows
04-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by rpmquad
:( that sucks...i had pro-design and pro-armour kill switches with me for sale...i wish i would have known they were without....

thats a bummer. I had brought some extra ones also. They could of even borrowed them and then gave them back. mommab

burrows
04-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
we had the pro armor kill switches also... so there wasn't a lack of kill switches available, but if you didn't know you had to have them...... I agree with Bob on the information sheet handed out at registration that states rider and machine requirements because not all of us have internet..

Thanks for the Hard work Andy Tracy and crew and also the land owner I wish they all had facilities like that !

The flushable stools was awsome. wow. Showers was super..mommab

burrows
04-11-2005, 06:42 PM
1ST Duane Johnson
2nd Michael Burrows
3rd Shawn Hohneke
4th Greg kunhle? Not sure on his last name.
5th Zac Johnson?

BTW Johnny it looks as if ya pissed yourself:D

Someone needs to bring those adult diapers for Johnny. That was so funny. He knew somethng was up but I really don't think he thought this.lol.......momma

ATVGurl
04-11-2005, 06:47 PM
It's nice to be racin' again!! What a blast!!!! Thanks, Andy & Tracy, for an awesome race!!! Thanks to all the help and Dave! I really enjoyed the facilities! Very nice place you have there!!

Can't wait for Ottumwa! We'll see if I can recoup and get in shape in three weeks :o

burrows
04-11-2005, 06:50 PM
This is easy for me to say but this was a fantastic weekend. we enjoyed watching the Saturday race and the Sunday race with Michael and Duane wheel to wheel kept me on my toes. I think I grew some more gray hairs over that race. . They sure made it exciting. Great job to Shawn and the others. Your turn will come. Bradley was pretty stiff this morning. Back hurt him most of all.

Andy, Tracy, Dave and crew this was awsome and you did a wonderful job. We all apprecitate this so much. Yes the computers went down but we will live through it. No complaints from us. There worse things that could of happened. And I never heard any major accidents and that was a big plus. Looking forward to the next race.

Ron you got lucky this weekend that you didn't get the big shower like Johnny. Never know what may be lurking around your trailor next time. mommab

rpmquad
04-11-2005, 07:31 PM
:huh who me lol...i had enough humiliation after the ridding mower incident :o ...

montycarlo
04-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Kev
For those of you that went, there was 376 quads.

376 for both MX and XC events?

Just curious!

dirtriderex
04-11-2005, 07:55 PM
When will we find out the results??

rpmquad
04-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by montycarlo
376 for both MX and XC events?

Just curious!

that was for the xc race and like 120 give or take for the mx i think

the predator
04-11-2005, 08:35 PM
This is easy for me to say but this was a fantastic weekend. we enjoyed watching the Saturday race and the Sunday race with Michael and Duane wheel to wheel kept me on my toes. I think I grew some more gray hairs over that race. . They sure made it exciting. Great job to Shawn and the others. Your turn will come. Bradley was pretty stiff this morning. Back hurt him most of all.

Andy, Tracy, Dave and crew this was awsome and you did a wonderful job. We all apprecitate this so much. Yes the computers went down but we will live through it. No complaints from us. There worse things that could of happened. And I never heard any major accidents and that was a big plus. Looking forward to the next race.

Ron you got lucky this weekend that you didn't get the big shower like Johnny. Never know what may be lurking around your trailor next time. mommab

hey mommab i trailor with ron just give me a heads up so i can get out of the way...lolol

burrows
04-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by the predator
hey mommab i trailor with ron just give me a heads up so i can get out of the way...lolol

lol I will . Hes a pretty good guy to tease. Don't let him give yu any ideas to pull on me and Johnny. Funny.......mommab

the Z Man
04-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Ron, I just about fell over laughing when you side swiped that truck with that thing,lol, You were so red in the face!!! then the alarm went off after about 5 minutes,lol... Who was that guy on the bicycle? I don't care who ya are that was funny....

I had a really great time all week-end, i hate to see Andy get hit with something like this after all his hard work, I wonder if we all could maybe donate some money for that other scoring system or something just to make it easier on all the hard work the crew did for us. There should be something we can do..

Well, I have a motor to rebuild and another quad to diassemble, tires to change and frames to be welded,, busy busy busy..

Hey Momma,, did Michael start building my nerfs yet? please remind him I have IMS pegs, i'm sure he remembers but I just wanted to be sure..

See everyone real soon!!!!!! Z # 6

Johnny & Monica
04-11-2005, 10:50 PM
I wish I would have gotten Ron's crash on video. That was so hilarious . Next time we better put up bumper pads.:D

rpmquad
04-11-2005, 10:53 PM
:grr: there will be no next time for me lol one time was enough :macho

burrows
04-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by the Z Man
Ron, I just about fell over laughing when you side swiped that truck with that thing,lol, You were so red in the face!!! then the alarm went off after about 5 minutes,lol... Who was that guy on the bicycle? I don't care who ya are that was funny....

I had a really great time all week-end, i hate to see Andy get hit with something like this after all his hard work, I wonder if we all could maybe donate some money for that other scoring system or something just to make it easier on all the hard work the crew did for us. There should be something we can do..

Well, I have a motor to rebuild and another quad to diassemble, tires to change and frames to be welded,, busy busy busy..

Hey Momma,, did Michael start building my nerfs yet? please remind him I have IMS pegs, i'm sure he remembers but I just wanted to be sure..

See everyone real soon!!!!!! Z # 6

no not yet. He had to work today but he told his dad so hopefully he can get them made in the next couple of days. This is farming season our worst nightmare of the yr. but will get on them. He said you had those pegs. Bradley is sure proud of his shirt. Does anyone know what the transponder scoring costs? mommab

the Z Man
04-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention,, Thank You to all the Sponsors, Rekluse, IMS, Tire Balls, Certified, Advantage Quad, (a little joke between me and Paul) C and D Racing, Burrows on site fabricating, Big thanks to Pappa B !!!! killer job on the frame !! and everyone else, ESPECIALLY Andy and Tracey for their hard work and determination for an even better record breaking year!!

QUADROOKIE
04-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention,, Thank You to all the Sponsors, Rekluse, IMS, Tire Balls, Certified, Advantage Quad, (a little joke between me and Paul) C and D Racing, Burrows on site fabricating, Big thanks to Pappa B !!!! killer job on the frame !! and everyone else, ESPECIALLY Andy and Tracey for their hard work and determination for an even better record breaking year!!

"Advantage Quad"........I like the sound of that!!!:D

the Z Man
04-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Hey Johnny, can I just paypal you for the tires I got from Mark? I forgot the other guys email and its in the truck, if ya gimme yours now I will just pay you and you can pay him, if thats cool. Z.

the Z Man
04-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah I like the sound of it too, unfortunately Paul doesn't think so,, lol.

motoboy66
04-12-2005, 12:03 AM
And I never heard any major accidents and that was a big plus.

I ate it pretty big on the second lap, racing B. I met the MX track very hard after landing short off a table top. I sure hope someone got pictures of me. Got an MRI on the knee tuesday afternoon. I still had a blast and want to send out my thanks to everyone who helped put the race on. The knee didn't end my race, a broken twist throttle did. I did learn one thing from the wreck, never let off on the face of a jump. See you all around at the next races.

Todd

the Z Man
04-12-2005, 12:07 AM
I do wanna know who the DORK was that broke out my tailight while sitting in the bottle neck, there were 20 bikes ahead of me, its not like my tailight was blinding them.

the predator
04-12-2005, 05:21 AM
i bit it pretty hard the second to last lap in the c class!! it sucked

bigjbull
04-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Z-man/Z-dork

If you would of removed your light prior to the race it would be fine.

the Z Man
04-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Funny Bull, I ran all last year, the 12 hours of America, 2 trips to Little Sahara, raced Illinois and Missouri, the Dork broke it not even 2 minutes into the race.
It wasn't you was it?:ermm:

Rdogg450
04-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Funny Bull, I ran all last year, the 12 hours of America, 2 trips to Little Sahara, raced Illinois and Missouri, the Dork broke it not even 2 minutes into the race.
It wasn't you was it?:ermm:

You don't need a tail light anyway......j/k.....:cool:

Rdogg450
04-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing

That is a dumb rule to have anyway with the tether cords/ kill switches.:grr:

Johnny & Monica
04-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Zman

Johnny has been in bed since Sunday night. He has a corneal abrasion . Not from racing but from wrestling with Uehlin in the back seat of the truck.:eek2: He said to go ahead and paypal to yfzhomer@aol.com. He'll talk to Uehlin later tonight and let him know.

dirtriderex
04-12-2005, 04:44 PM
When will results be in? anyone know.

UbeenSmoked
04-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Rdogg450
That is a dumb rule to have anyway with the tether cords/ kill switches.:grr:

Why do u think that its a dumb rule not to have kill switches. i think its a great rule so u dont have 300 pounds machines coming at u if u are a spectator if a rider loses control.

yes something should be handed out but its not the first year for the series and the first year he went easy on people with out them and let them run. second year now and it says in the rules on the site, so everyone was warned, and yes i know everyone dont have internet access, now now all of them that didnt race due to kill switch now they know

sorry had to vent

ATVGurl
04-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Tracy posted this on www.iatvhss.com forums:

We are still working on results. Hope to have them to the webmaster tonight. I spent all day yesterday and up until midnight working on them. And I am double checking them. Back at work today! Phone calls will start tonight - so be patient as we try to get a hold of you if you were in the top 5/10. May take a few days.

Currently finishing up C Class - we had 63 riders!!! It was the scanner that crashed on us. We are working dilgently on getting TWO more scanners. Sorry, gang. I feel really bad! Thought it would last more than 5 races - must have been a lemon.

There were 202 riders there on Sunday! You guys are awesome! It was nice to see everyone again.

Tracy

Rdogg450
04-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by UbeenSmoked
Why do u think that its a dumb rule not to have kill switches. i think its a great rule so u dont have 300 pounds machines coming at u if u are a spectator if a rider loses control.

yes something should be handed out but its not the first year for the series and the first year he went easy on people with out them and let them run. second year now and it says in the rules on the site, so everyone was warned, and yes i know everyone dont have internet access, now now all of them that didnt race due to kill switch now they know

sorry had to vent

How many 4 strokes do you see running out of control if the rider falls off??? Should be mandatory for 2 strokes only IMO.:cool:

Shawn H
04-12-2005, 06:00 PM
A throttle can stick on a 4 stroke just as easy as a 2 stroke:rolleyes:

Its not just a Rule its a liabilty as well and its here to stay so no use arguing about it:D

Rdogg450
04-12-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm not arguing it's just my "opinion" rules are rules and i'm not out to break them i put a tether on last minute last year before an Iowa race.:rolleyes:

bartlettracing
04-12-2005, 06:04 PM
All throttles can hang up ...

this is a AMA safty rule ....

this rule is to protect you ,other racers and the public .

NEVER EVER skimp on safty ...

Yes I have seen it at a d-23 race, a z400 ran wild and run right through the scoring tent .... no body was hurt luckely ...

p.s dont bother arguing the teather issue ... it isnt going away ..

bartlettracing
04-12-2005, 06:05 PM
^^^ shawn you fast typer .lol. .....

werd2490
04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
The only reason I hate my kill switch is becauase I got a cheap tusk one that will not stay pluged in:( . I am getting a pro design asap. I killed my quad a couple of times due to the kill switch and lost a few spots trying to kick it and then I looked down and it was just dangling. Frustrating yea but I guess I can deal with it if I have to.

Hawk III
04-12-2005, 08:24 PM
good choice on the prodesign!!

UbeenSmoked
04-12-2005, 10:29 PM
johnny or monica did u guys take pics of the afternoon and morning classes for the harescramble`s. just woundering

the Z Man
04-12-2005, 10:42 PM
I think the tethers are a good idea, I was practicing and I didn't have it on, I was in an open area on a downslope, I clipped a log (big tree) and it through me, my bike was in third gear. Needless to say I tried to catch it but it was going way too fast,, all I could do was watch it disappear only to go down the hill, cross a road and down a creek embankment and into a log jamb. I was lucky no-one was on the road because it would have had no mercy.

Johnny & Monica
04-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by UbeenSmoked
johnny or monica did u guys take pics of the afternoon and morning classes for the harescramble`s. just woundering

Yes Monica gotta alot of good pictures from both,Shes waiting on results to get posted so she can do a accurate race report with name an numbers an what place everyone finished,Under the section Harlen created for Iowa it`ll be a locked forum till all pictures get posted.

Also hope to add a section on the 12 hour trip Andy spoke of sat. nigth soon as I can get with Andy an get all details:D

UbeenSmoked
04-12-2005, 11:03 PM
sweet im looking forward to the awsome coverage

Shawn H
04-13-2005, 07:02 AM
I have alot of pics as well. I'm waiting on Monica and Johnny when there done I ll fill in with my pics.

What about the 12hr thing? Fill me in on what Andy did say Cuz I missed it completely!

Johnny & Monica
04-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Andy`s got 2 charter bus`s reserved along with 39 motel rooms to haul anyone from Iowa to raush creek I believe he said 200.00 person includes room gate fee an ride there I`m going to get all details an post them under the Iowa section As soon as I call Andy when he`s not so busy with the scores.

Shawn H
04-13-2005, 08:52 AM
SAWEEEEEEET

So what about Quads, gear and tools? We will still need to haul all that good stuff right?

Hmm Wife's dad own big ol trucking business I should see if I can get a rig and a trailer could haul alot of Quad stuff that way>

UbeenSmoked
04-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Shawn i think Andy and his dad they are getting like a some 40 foot car inclosed car trailier and hauling all the quads down, but that wut i heard

Also if u have any pics of me i was in B-class i had a yellow helmet on #30 and was on a Kaw. gear was blue....

Matt

Johnny & Monica
04-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Pictures of the farm are posted under racecoverage-Iowa series here on atvriders.com:D

QUADROOKIE
04-15-2005, 05:34 AM
I GOT WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Whoo hoooo!! My first ever race, and having to wait so long for the results make it even sweeter to me! 9th place out of 61 quads is WAY better than I thought I'd do before the race! Now I just gotta keep improving each race.

Monica--GREAT coverage!!! That takes alot of time and effort, and we are all lucky to have you to do that for us!! Thanks!!

See everyone at Ottumwa!!!!

Scott