PDA

View Full Version : pulling power question

chevy71
04-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Just wanted to know if there are any major differernces in the amount of weight that a Poalris Sportsman 700 and a Yammy Grizzly 660 can haul. Looking to see which has more power or if the power is roughly the same between the 2 quads.

Thanks for any input....

James

kevo081
04-04-2005, 03:00 PM
check the websites ... like yamaha.com and polaris.com

chevy19
04-11-2005, 04:52 PM
i think the polaris can pull more but the grizz is more of a sport utility and the polaris is more for work but the grizz can keep up there and it is more fun to ride

chevy71
04-12-2005, 05:37 AM
I think I have decided on the Yammy. The Polaris is a very heavy machine that only has rear wheel engine braking. I do like its 4wd system and storage racks. But the features of the Yammy seem to fit me better, plus I like the sweet blue color..

Later...

James

MudMonsterGrizz
04-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Yikes. Blue scratches VERY easy....trust me!! I won't get another blue bike....looks real good but scratches like crazy!!

chevy71
04-12-2005, 07:20 AM
mudmonster,

Interesting. I didnt know that. Is that (the looks of it) a major issue for you?

Is it Yammy's type of plastic that makes it scratch easy? Could this be the case with the green Grizzly color also? I wouldn't think just the blue color would have anything to do with how easy the plastic scratches.

Well, I'm going to use it for hauling and working so I guess it wont stay new looking forever. Plus my main focus is the function of the Grizzly..

Guess everything cant be perfect.

Thanks for the info..

James

MudMonsterGrizz
04-12-2005, 07:28 AM
It’s mainly just that color. It’s not that it scratches easy, it’s that it shows pretty good once it scratches. All the colors are going to scratch, but some don’t show as well as others. I know the camouflage plastic shows no scratches at all, and I wish I would have spent the extra money and got it.

chevy19
04-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Did you try armorall or wax to hide the scratches it works on mine.

MudMonsterGrizz
04-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Armor all works to a certain extent, but after a year or two of hard abuse there will be no hiding the scratches. I have some stuff called plastic renew that I have not got to try yet. Don't get mother's plastic polish....tried that and liked to never got it off the plastic...turned it white and would not come off!!