View Full Version : problem with blaster please help

Fordtrucker17
04-03-2005, 07:59 PM
i have a 2002 yamaha blaster and i got a oil injector block off kit on it and new stock piston and rings put everything back togther and went to fire it and it ran for like maybe 5 mins and then it stalled out so i was like ok then it started making this ralley bad scratching sound and seems like it gets a lot of compersion and the it loses it my uncle think it cyclinder is gettin to much gas and not enough oil can some one please help me

TheFontMaster
04-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Please say you preemixed the gas. If you didn't theres your problem. Also if you put the preemix in the tank with there being regular gas still in there that would make the oil-gas ratio too little.

WhiteBros400ex
04-03-2005, 08:10 PM
did u bore out the cylinder or atleats hone it, if not it might have been messed up from be4, thats why i am orderign another piston for the blaster i have now we hone the cylinder and turns out if needed bored and needed a bigger piston.We rebuilt it with the stock size and every thing ran for about 5 mins that made the same sound you are talkign about.

good luck:D call me if u got any oither porblems

Fordtrucker17
04-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Please say you preemixed the gas. If you didn't theres your problem. Also if you put the preemix in the tank with there being regular gas still in there that would make the oil-gas ratio too little.

Yea i premixed the gas and there might have been like a tad bit of gas in the tank would that have anyting to do with it. and maybe i didnt shake the can up enough

Mxjunkie
04-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Most likely if you didnt hone it, and check the cylinder your probaly in for another rebuild, it also could have been a clip that came loose, if it did well you better pray your clyinder isnt screwed.

Fordtrucker17
04-03-2005, 08:32 PM
we tooka brilo (sp) to the head i mean it still has a lot of compersion

Mxjunkie
04-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Fordtrucker17
we tooka brilo (sp) to the head i mean it still has a lot of compersion

hmm, that doesnt sound to great..

It sounds like you may have to tear it down, inspect the damage, or problem solve,

Is the plug in?

the spark plug boot on (will make a sound close to that)

And so on.

Fordtrucker17
04-03-2005, 08:38 PM
the head was not bad at all the spark lug is all the wya in because it was running for a while then it staled now it wont start

Mxjunkie
04-03-2005, 08:39 PM
the head was not bad at all the spark lug is all the wya in because it was running for a while then it staled now it wont start

How were your reeds? it almost might be something with your carbs since you put that kit on correct? Something may have fouled up while assemblying it all.

wilsonracing
04-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Hey when i rebuilt my blaster i poured 2 stroke oil down the cylinder it smoked for 20 mintues but it stops,it is still doing fine.

kevo081
04-03-2005, 08:51 PM
to me it sounds like you didnt work you engine back in properly and the new rings didnt set ....

MichaelS693
04-03-2005, 09:05 PM
chances are you scratched the cylinder really bad.. when u rebuild a motor you really need to put oil all over the cylinder walls to keep from "dry seizing" the motor... i think that u probably did scratch the motor because of the fact that it was dry and had no lube ( LMAO!) just tear it down and inspect it

Fordtrucker17
04-04-2005, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by MichaelS693
chances are you scratched the cylinder really bad.. when u rebuild a motor you really need to put oil all over the cylinder walls to keep from "dry seizing" the motor... i think that u probably did scratch the motor because of the fact that it was dry and had no lube ( LMAO!) just tear it down and inspect it

The motor is not sezied up. I did lube it up the cylinder is gettin oil becasue it will still move up and down. i dk i think i am just gonna tare it down and start over agian. but wut i dont understand is that when u take the spark plug out is it dosnet make that sound anymore its confusing it just pisses me off cause i threw a crap load of money in that thing this weekend to try to get it to run but idk, seems like nothing will go my way when i try and do this stuff:(

represent618
04-04-2005, 07:00 AM
I WOULD RECCOMEND MIXING ABOUT 2 GALLONS OF RACE GAS WITH ABOUT TWO GALLONS OF PUMP GAS, FILL THE TANK TO THE RIM, LEAVE THE GAS CAP OFF, POUR ABOUT HALF THE FRESH MIXXED GAS ALL OVER THE BIKE, THEN MAKE A TRAIL ACROSS THE GROUND (IMPORTANT TO AVOID INJURY) WITH THE REST OF THE GAS, LIGHT THE TRAIL OF GAS WITH A LIGHTER, THIS IS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO FIX A BLASTER.:rolleyes:

Sportrax10
04-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by represent618
I WOULD RECCOMEND MIXING ABOUT 2 GALLONS OF RACE GAS WITH ABOUT TWO GALLONS OF PUMP GAS, FILL THE TANK TO THE RIM, LEAVE THE GAS CAP OFF, POUR ABOUT HALF THE FRESH MIXXED GAS ALL OVER THE BIKE, THEN MAKE A TRAIL ACROSS THE GROUND (IMPORTANT TO AVOID INJURY) WITH THE REST OF THE GAS, LIGHT THE TRAIL OF GAS WITH A LIGHTER, THIS IS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO FIX A BLASTER.:rolleyes:

Who invited the EPA to this thread?

Bush0102
04-04-2005, 01:15 PM

lol

Fordtrucker17
04-04-2005, 08:10 PM

once agian bro ur an ******* and i ll say it to ur face

Fordtrucker17
04-04-2005, 08:29 PM
yea i am a retard the fly wheel wasnt tight and come to find out the timing was off to.... thanks any way guys

Mxjunkie
04-04-2005, 08:32 PM

hehe, lets throw some 2+2 carb cleaners in there, some gun powder and paint thinner and we got our self a roasted blaster :devil:

Fordtrucker17
04-04-2005, 08:35 PM
i am gonan start breaking skulls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheFontMaster
04-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Good to hear you got it fixed.

Mxjunkie
04-04-2005, 08:38 PM
i am gonan start breaking skulls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooooo raaaa, break them skulls boy :rolleyes::uhoh:

redrider4ex
04-04-2005, 08:41 PM
uh these 2 mother****ers should probably fight, i got money on joshie

Fordtrucker17
04-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by redrider4ex
uh these 2 mother****ers should probably fight, i got money on joshie

mine as well just hand me the money because he runs everytime i try to fight him he aint noithing

Mxjunkie
04-04-2005, 08:46 PM
mine as well just hand me the money because he runs everytime i try to fight him he aint noithing

Ah hello foxracer200, didnt they ban you allready :ermm:

Fordtrucker17
04-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Ah hello foxracer200, didnt they ban you allready :ermm:

JOSH IDC ANY MORE !!!!!!!!!!!! GET ME BANNED I GIVE THE **** UP!!!!!!!!!!

represent618
04-05-2005, 07:23 AM
not sure who`s skull you are talking about breaking, but I am a 210-220 Int. Level Boxer, next year I will be Level 4 (only been boxing officially for 1.5 years), I`m pretty sure I can handle my own.......:rolleyes:

Fordtrucker17
04-05-2005, 07:26 AM
I D C WUT U ARE U GUYS GET OFF BYY BASHIN PEOPLE U GUYS EVERY THINK THEY HAVE HAD ENOUGH CAUSE I SURE IN THE HELL HAVE

Mxjunkie
04-05-2005, 07:32 AM
not sure who`s skull you are talking about breaking, but I am a 210-220 Int. Level Boxer, next year I will be Level 4 (only been boxing officially for 1.5 years), I`m pretty sure I can handle my own.......:rolleyes:

lmao owned :blah:

Fordtrucker17
04-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
lmao owned :blah:

NAH I WASNT TALKING ABOUT BRAKIN HIS SKULL I WAS TALKING ABOUT U AND U KNO U WONT FIGHT ME DONT MAKE ME TELL THEM ABOUT THE TIME U CAME AND U LEFT AND GOT HIT BUY A CAR!!!!!

OWNED *****