PDA

View Full Version : My quad continues to impress me...

Screamin440
04-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Two friends of mine went with me to Attica today. Within the first 20 minutes I really screwed up on a small little jump in the sand and wound up doing a small yet graceful endo. I managed to walk away with a bruise, a few tiny cuts and a bent brake lever.

However, back to my purpose of this post; we headed to the dragstrip at Attica. There were a ton of guys racing up there this time and there were some pretty quick quads. I had trouble getting through the gears fast enough with my boots on so I had my friend Randy jump on my 400. He managed to beat a stock 450R by about a quad length. He also held a piped and jetted Raptor 660 at bay until the very end when it started to pull ahead just a tiny bit.

Also, I now know what the ultimate hill climbing quad is because I saw it in action today. Randy's brother in law took his 99 Scrambler 400 today. That thing is one of the best hill climbers I've ever seen. He managed to climb some dirt bike hills that left a lot guys sitting there shaking their heads in disbelief, especially when they found out that he wasn't using 4wd. I think a lot of it has to do with the factory Fox shocks and it being an automatic. When he would get to any kind of dip in the hill or when he'd crest a hill, all he had to do was slowly let out of the throttle and it wouldn't overshoot anything.

Anyone else go riding this weekend? Also, does anyone have any advice for dealing with the stock shifter and wearing riding boots?

Honda400exrox
04-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Raise your shifter up