PDA

View Full Version : Webcam with compression release removed?

4everhonda
04-03-2005, 05:19 PM
I am looking to buy a WebCam Cam, they say you remove the compression release. That's easy enough but will it hurt anything when it tries to start with the compression release removed? Is it alot harder to start.

Thanks guys I appriciate it!

BSTURDIVANT
04-03-2005, 07:15 PM
400's start easily either way! Sometimes fire quicker with the release removed!

4everhonda
04-04-2005, 06:07 AM
Ok thank you, anyone else have and experience with these cams and the compression release removed?

aviator4
04-04-2005, 07:28 AM
Removing the decompression pin and spring is a pretty standard step in installing a HotCam as well. I pulled mine when i put my stage one in and never looked back. Pull it outta there and don't worry about it, It's not needed with an aftermarket cam.

Oh, and yeah my bike seems to start easier without it as well. Don't kow why though.

Goat397
04-04-2005, 09:11 AM
what happens if you dont remove it ?

aviator4
04-04-2005, 09:15 AM
The new cam shouldn't have the decompression mechanism on it so if you leave the spring and plunger in place, eventually it will work free (since the cam isn't there to hod it in) and find it's way into the valve train and bounce around in there cause MAJOR damage. It's a great way to force yourself to spend a LOT of money fixing your bike.

cals400ex
04-04-2005, 10:05 AM
the hotcams that i have tried start just as easy with out the mechanism. just make sure you remove the spring and plunger in the head if the cam you run doesn't have the decompression assembly with it.