PDA

View Full Version : ride parks in michigan

Quadman250R
04-03-2005, 04:45 PM
anyone know of any ride parks beside silver lake in michigan? my dad thought he's heard of some but cant remember them

demonspeeding
04-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Quadman250R
anyone know of any ride parks beside silver lake in michigan? my dad thought he's heard of some but cant remember them

bullgap in mio michigan... going up there this week end !!

where u from ?

parkers30
04-04-2005, 08:33 PM
there are a fair amount of MX tracks, lots of trail systems like Bull Gap and then the Mounds in Flint and Silver Lake

Quadman250R
04-05-2005, 06:43 PM
wheres bullgap located? im from howard city north of GR

Jackie
04-07-2005, 07:11 PM
My kids go to Tri-County.
There is Big Air just west of Newaygo on M82 going towards Fremont.
play safe
ride safe
:cool:

Tblood500
04-08-2005, 10:52 AM
i havent been to bullgap yet but want to go there soon, Huron natiols forest trails are awsome, i ride them in St.Helen exit 222# its got a lil bit of everythin there, if any of u guys are close to my place (Chesterfield Twp) there is a old gun range thats fun to screw around at. wheres some more spots? lata ......

Quadman250R
04-08-2005, 07:53 PM
i go to tri county also. hey Tblood500 im one exit down from 222 that gunrange place sounds fun and close. i dont know where chesterfeild twp. is but if its close that would be cool .? if you have msn messenger mine is Nascar_fan91@hotmail.com, give me a holla. also wheres bullgap??

Tblood500
04-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Quadman, my grandparents have a place in Roscoman, i ride all around there, know some pretty fun spots. Chesterfield is about 2 hr's 45min drive, its in Macomb Twp. thats where the gun range is at. Where some other places by u that are fun ??? lata.......

Quadman250R
04-10-2005, 06:48 PM
sorry bout that tblood i got my exits messed up i am at exit 120 not 220, but o well. i ride at the tin cup loop and the loops by that mainly and also by my house i have a track we made. i really dont know many places to mess around at other than the loops and trails that you would find like on the dnr website

440ex_bullet
04-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Ogemaw Is a really cool place to ride. they have a pretty big MX track in front and a intermidiate MX track in back. Plus trail and hill climbs on the property! You can also go off the property and connect to state trails wich will take you to Bull Gap And ST. Helen trail systems... I know the group of people i ride with will be going there alot this summer...

Here is a link: Ogemaw (http://www.ogemawtrails.com/)

Maybe we can get together and go.........

Quadman250R
04-12-2005, 07:32 PM
sounds sweet....ill keep in touch....hows those two trails you mentioned

Tblood500
04-13-2005, 08:22 PM
sup fellas,
The St. Helen trails are awsome, im goin up there this weekend, lil bit of all kinds of riddin fo ya. And i cant wait to go to the Owegma park and ride them tracks, and check out bull gap never been there before. i checked out the ol gun range by my house 2day someone built some jumps, me and 2 friends are goin up there 2morrow to get some pics of us jumpin should be real fun, lata .......

polaris bob
04-13-2005, 10:58 PM
So tell us a little more about this gun range you ride at?

Getting real sick and tired of the DNR bugging us down here. It seems that they must have opened a new office in the down river area and have nothing better to do but drive around our area and stop us from doing a little riding.

I mean it, every single riding place we have been at in the last few weeks has had the boys in green show up to run us off.

They really need to go bug the fishermen and check for some poachers or something and leave us poor quad riders alone for a while.

They even tried to run us off of my buddy's grandparents land just two weeks ago. They tried telling us that the land owners had filed a complaint with their office and that no one was to be allowed to ride the land with out written permission on their person.

Seeing how I am the oldest person in my group,(42), and have just a little legal education. Grand father was a lawyer, father was a lawyer, and I went to law school for a while. LOL I stepped forward and asked a few pointed questions of the nice officer while my bud rode up to the house to get gramp's. [ note, the officer did not see my buddy going up to the house, he had been riding back out to the track and just turned around when he saw the green truck pull up.

Anyways I went back a forth with this guy for a few minutes until gramps got there. And then I dropped the bomb shell that he really needed to get back in his truck and leave as he was the one that was trespassing on private land, that his federal powers did not exist here, as there had been no crime committed here, and that he did not have any complaint on file with his office, as the land owner of record was standing right behind him and had never placed any call to his office what so ever.

We then informed him that a call and a follow up letter was going to be made to the proper people to make sure that his attempted abuse of power was not going to go unnoticed with his superiors.

Gramp's almost twisted his leg trying to swat the "young whipper snapper fish cop" with his walking stick as he was retreating to the safety of his truck as he left in a rather big hurry. :p :D :p :D

[ Yes, gramp's is one of those old dudes that has no need for any kind of law enforcement much less the "Dang Nabbed Does Nobody Right" Yes, this is a direct quote!! he he ] And yes we hear all of those old stories of how they did things back in his day!! LOL

To know gramp's is to love him! :blah:

While the end of the story is rather funny, the part that really has me concerned is the way that this individual had the nerve to just drive out to a piece of private land and pretend that he could make up a story as he went to try to enforce some will of his own. In this guys case, he must really hate off road riders and what they stand for. :scary:

440ex_bullet
04-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Me and at least one of me friends are going to Bull Gap Sunday for a one dayer. We'll probably leave at 6am from warren, i believe it's a 3 or 3 1/2 hour drive from here. we'll most likely park at the hill so we can drag race for a while before we trail ride. i'll let you know how it went.........

Tblood500
04-14-2005, 12:05 PM
hey polaris Bob, im headin out to the ol gun range in a couple hrs now, not sure what part or Mi ur from but the gun range is right around the block from me is not real big and used to BE ALOT better before more people found out about it and started to tear it up, but its still fun to mess around at for a lil bit jumps are not to ssafe we kinda just make them up and go for it lol but fun, its in Macomb Twp. at 21mile road and fairchild just one road left of Gratiot, i see u at predowners all the time, if u need better direction just pm me over there if ud like, im TrueBlood500. And 440ex im goin to St. Helen this weekend to my graandparents place with couple friends to go riddin, i dont know how far bullgap is from there but i defenitly want to go check it out this weekend, lata ......

polaris bob
04-14-2005, 01:04 PM
I live down by metro airport. In Taylor.

When you say one road left, do you mean east or west?? Left kinda depends on which way you are looking at it from!! LOL

To all the guys that live in Michigan and don't belong to the group Michigan dirt slingers Come on over and check it out.

www.michigandirtslingers.com we have a ride planned next month at Dusty D's along with a pig roast. 500 acres of private land to ride on!!

Middle of the state in standish May 7 the day before mothers day.

Hondadudeehhhh
04-15-2005, 06:19 PM
def check out michigandirtslingers.com bunch of cool dudes over there and we're always setting up riding trips