PDA

View Full Version : wanted crisp throttle!!

mike nash
04-03-2005, 02:06 PM
450r with hop up. I just recently put on a 13t sprocket. Question is this does anyone have similar set up but with an after market pipe and did it help off idle. I'm thinking yosh trs comp full exhaust but I also don't see any info on bottom end always there is talk of top speed and hp. I ride 80%tight woods just need crisp throttle response to stay out of trouble on hils and the like. Thanks for info I know this is basically another exhaust question but I can't find any decent facts or opinions.

2muchquad
04-03-2005, 03:34 PM
try an exhaust system and rejetting your carb.lose the airbox lid if you havent already done so,this will help with throttle response.i feel your pain i love throttle response,i could care less about max hp,i like for my motor to jump like RIGHT now when i crack the throttle..:D

atvracr350
04-03-2005, 03:54 PM
In my experience i have found that the yoshimura system is way to expensive for the performance it gives out. I had one on my 400ex for a while and i hated it. It made this weird whistling noise from the time i put it on till the time i took it off. The same thing happened to a buddy of mine with a kfx and his yoshimura. If it was me i would go with curtis sparks. There exhausts are awesome. The exhaust itself is well made, has an excellent sound, and produces very nice power gains. I think you would be better off with the sparks but thats just my opinion. Another good exhaust you might consider is the HMF. I have yet to hear one negative thing about them. I have personally never ridden a quad with one on or heard one but i have heard they are awesome. Hope i helped out. Kyle

mike nash
04-03-2005, 05:21 PM
I appreciate the response, I need a pipe or atleast a slip on that stays at or below 96db. I 'm pretty sure the sparks although seems to be a lot racers have them i think it's too much pipe for me. Again thanks for replies.

wilkin250r
04-04-2005, 09:56 AM
I know the timing key gave a real crisp throttle on the 400EX. I don't recommend blindly changing the timing on the 450r without doing any research, but it may be an avenue worth investigating.

2muchquad
04-04-2005, 10:09 AM
i like how you put things wilkin,you have a way with words:D

400exstud
04-06-2005, 06:45 PM
I know the timing key gave a real crisp throttle on the 400EX. I don't recommend blindly changing the timing on the 450r without doing any research, but it may be an avenue worth investigating.

Do I need to change anything else if I put the Curtis Sparks +6 in my 400?

wilkin250r
04-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by 400exstud
Do I need to change anything else if I put the Curtis Sparks +6 in my 400?

First off, I would suggest a little research, just so you know exactly what you are getting in to. The timing key is not recommended for modified motors, only the stock motor.

But the timing key can be done without any other modifications or changes. I will require basic tools, and a new side-cover gasket (don't re-use the old one).

Check out the Technical Articles (http://www.atvriders.com/articles/index.html) section, you'll find an article that explains the entire installation, complete with pictures.