PDA

View Full Version : Right Engine Parts

trx450r05101
04-03-2005, 01:38 PM
On goes another thread about the same ol' stuff.
I put my new rossier(re) on the other day:D and what a difference. Im still soul searching for the right power though. I am currently running a 185 main, open air box w/ rossier full system. I do mostly agressive trail riding and am looking at motor combinations, as i want parts that will work together not against each other. I have been told that if I go with the hotcams stage 2 and a 12.1 or 13.1 piston with mild head work, it will retain a strong low end and a top end that will pull to the moon, will it be the power I am searching for? What is the diff between the 12.1 and 13.1 power wise, and wich aftermarket company's product is going to keep my motor the most reliable? is the stage 2 the right way to go? i will be finishing off with the vortex ignition. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your opinons.
:confused:

STU

2MuchChi450R
04-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Head work can make or break anything. If you have head work done, make sure you tell them precisely where you will be using your power ie. mx, cross country, trail. Piston-wise, the higher compression will help, but you'll also need to run a higher octane to keep the motor from pinging, how much money do you plan on speding to fill your tank to go riding? As far as reliability, when you do motor work, you're taking away or adding stress to original components, the higher comp pistion will add more stress, but other work around it will take it away. Contact various shops, like Sparks racing or NMotion and ask them these same questions they'd be able to help better than I possibly could.

trx450r05101
04-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Thanks for your help, i do ride mostly agressive trails and tech stuff, but the terrain changes so rapidly in such a short distance. So i want it to pull HARD from the bottom-- up. Dont want much do I...lol. I will contact them and check their opinion. thanks again