PDA

View Full Version : Fan?

Airik79mx
04-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Last year when I got the quad I stripped all of the electrical stuff off it, then got everything taken out of the wire harness (like a CRF harness) But now I'm having a few over heating issues and was thinking about putting the fan back on. Anybody else come across this???

slosh13
04-03-2005, 12:00 PM
I was running into your situation as well. I am almost complete with my rebuild and I opted to go with the CRF ignition. Well after talking with a few pros at the florida national and seeing others having my situation, I got rid of my CRF ignition. Call and talk to Mark Baldwin about this. He told me to keep the fan, get a Vortex box and forget bout the overheating. Hope that helps:)

Airik79mx
04-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks, Ya thats what Mark told me to do too. Did you run it with the fan on yet?? Does it come on after you pull off the track? Because thats when mine is over heating..
Also how do you like the Vortex CDI??

slosh13
04-04-2005, 10:10 AM
I havent had a chance to run it yet, we bought a brand new 05 and have been doing a MX rebuild on it since november:rolleyes: Anyway, I havent had a chance to fire up the motor to give a ride report. I am taking it to Mark Baldwin here this week so he can get the motor and electrical/ignition stuff setup for me for the Birch Creek national. So I can let you know sometime in the next week or so. What type of motor mods are you running? We are running a Sparks stainless full system exhaust, k&n airfilter with precharger, custom airbox lid, 13.1 piston Wiseco piston,custom grind Webcam, ported head with kibblewhite +1 valves, hardened valvesprings, seals and shortened guides,vortex x10 ignition, CRF carb, and running U4 gas.
:devil:

Airik79mx
04-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Ya, let me know how it runs...and maybe some pics.
As far as my motor I have...
Sparks pipe, Pro Design filter, FCR carb, Baldwin cam, JE 13.5:1 piston,and Baldwin porting. I still have the stock CDI for now but plan on getting a Vortex when I have the cash..I am going to try to make it to a few nationals. Budds Creek, then High Point, and maybe 1 more. What class do you race??

slosh13
04-05-2005, 05:41 PM
I race 4-stroke A and 265A

450ex
04-06-2005, 11:50 PM
hope your not running ultimate 4 at the nationals

don't get caught