PDA

View Full Version : this is why i like the TRX450R!

drider
04-03-2005, 12:39 AM
First of all, cant go wrong with the 450R. Its a honda. Very comfortable, compare to YFz450 (yfz i hit my knees when i turn), power is smooth, has more potentional compare to yfz. Yfz's power, rpm is almost at its peak. TRX's rpm, horesepower is not at its peak. TRX has kick starter! DEAD reliable! Personally hate electric start. For old men,batteries will die! TRX, has nice thumb throttle. smooth.! unique gas tank. blends in with the plastics.. well thats all i can think of now. later !Who else agree's!!??

haircutt
04-03-2005, 12:43 AM
I agree

Bender
04-03-2005, 06:16 AM
I like the 450R too. But if that was a review or something, it sucked.

03dynasty
04-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Can you explain what you mean by the 450r has more potential?

steveatv3
04-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I think he ment able to mod more or clean up nicer with less bucks

Punk'd
04-03-2005, 08:03 PM
AMEN

03dynasty
04-03-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure if I buy that. The yfz has more power stock then take the lid off, do the cam mod, remove the baffle and rejet and the 450r can't touch it for that amount of dough (the cost jetting).

Don't get me wrong I like the 450r but the yfz has certain advantages out of the box. To do the equal mods to the 450r you need to hrc kit (300 bucks, I suppose you could get by with a stage 2 hotcam so lets say 130 bucks) and a new carb (350 for a fcr40 from servicehonda.com, I know that is 1mm bigger than the yfz carb). Then jet that carb. Now I will consider the cost of the yfz being 500 dollars more. Both of these quads have the same amount invested in them. I still believe that the yfz will win, drag or mx it doesn't matter (equal rider ability/ weight).

Even when fully modded I think the yfz has the edge, that 5th valve makes a difference. Yamaha is just ahead of the four stroke movement...having said all that when I move to a 450 (my buddy is pushing me towards the yfz) I still think I want the 450r and I don't know why something draws me towards it.

Flame me if you wish but I just don't think that the 450r packs the same punch as the yfz. I dont think that I am biased at all. I have no beef with either companies like some do. Hell I've owned yammi's, honda's and suzuki's. I'm not saying that the 450r is a horrible quad (I prefer it over the peaky power of the yfz) just that the power is not the same.

04-03-2005, 08:11 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/p94b6c540f5bda58d42a8bc37560c87e1/f84d6cf0.jpg you won't see this happen to a TRX450r ;)

03dynasty
04-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah that sucks, however to defend the yfz (again don't flame) thats the only picture I've ever seen claiming that the yfz's burn. It seems to be a freak occurence.

2MuchChi450R
04-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/p94b6c540f5bda58d42a8bc37560c87e1/f84d6cf0.jpg you won't see this happen to a TRX450r ;)

:eek2: oops.

Yes, the Yammi's might have more of a mid-range bunch, but it all depends on riding style or where you ride. In the woods, that punch can put you into a tree, not to mention you have to work more to keep the bike on it's upper torque curve. On an MX track it can help you out of the corners better, up and down's you know. I don't know why everyone goes to the smaller carb on their 450, I haven't had a single problem with mine yet, plus it excellerates and revs like a crf. On the topic this thread was created, I agree to the fullest. Tim Farr said it and I'll quote "real racers kick start their bikes" lol

03dynasty
04-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Does a high comp. piston make the 450r any harder to kick?

2MuchChi450R
04-04-2005, 12:50 AM
I've never had a problem kickstarting my quad before the upgrade, the motor is still out of the frame, rebuild and waiting for head to come back. Anything of a higher compression will be a little harder to kick-over, but you get used to it after a while. YZF bikes are a b!tch to kick if you don't get the proceedure right, but then again honda has an auto decompression in their design so it helps a bit. All in all, I can imagine it's a little harder.

03dynasty
04-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Believe me I know, I had an earlier yzf250 ('01). The thing would not start unless you gave it "half kicks." I don't know why but it worked.

robman
04-04-2005, 01:19 PM
I like the R better but thats because of the comfort factor,run harder for a longer period of time.But you pretty well hafto buy the thing twice to get it perfect and i'm seeing busted cases and frames being posted so honda's farr from perfect.Yamaha's more bang for the money period,i just don't like it and don't trust it either.

dunepred
04-04-2005, 01:29 PM
i tell you some of you honda guys are the most biased people out there. it has to be a red neck thing brought down by every generation.........lates

drider
04-04-2005, 04:55 PM
More potential, meaning. Let's say the yfz peaks out at 12,000rpm (not accurate numbers) Lets say the TRX450R peaks out at 10,000 rpms(not accurate numbers). The TRX has the potential to make more power. Out of the box, the yfz's motor is pretty pumed out already. the TRX has the potential for upgrades, to the motor. I believe the motor on the TRX 450r will last longer than the YFZ450 motor. First before you need to change the kick starter on the 450r. YFZ will have gone through 10+ starters, 10+ batteries! 450r's motor doesnt work as hard as the yfz's motor. Look as dyno sheets. stock for stock.

as for people saying, kick starting a TRX450r is hard.It's not dont be a wimp. If you dont want to kick start a bike dont ride!Dont be lazy..

ThumPIN_450R
04-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by drider
First before you need to change the kick starter on the 450r.

change the kickstarter??:confused:

2MuchChi450R
04-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by dunepred
i tell you some of you honda guys are the most biased people out there. it has to be a red neck thing brought down by every generation.........lates

I'm not totally biased, I just go with what works, or stays working for that matter :D j/k I've rode just about everything from quads to high horsepower streetbikes, all makes and most models. Would I own something other than a Honda, maybe, I like Banshees for some reason, GSXR750's are good as well. I just like Hondas more than most simply because of reliability.

JHF219
04-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by drider
More potential, meaning. Let's say the yfz peaks out at 12,000rpm (not accurate numbers) Lets say the TRX450R peaks out at 10,000 rpms(not accurate numbers). The TRX has the potential to make more power. Out of the box, the yfz's motor is pretty pumed out already. the TRX has the potential for upgrades, to the motor. I believe the motor on the TRX 450r will last longer than the YFZ450 motor. First before you need to change the kick starter on the 450r. YFZ will have gone through 10+ starters, 10+ batteries! 450r's motor doesnt work as hard as the yfz's motor. Look as dyno sheets. stock for stock.

as for people saying, kick starting a TRX450r is hard.It's not dont be a wimp. If you dont want to kick start a bike dont ride!Dont be lazy..

sorry to say this but i dont think the yammi is completly pumped out from the factory, Hell here is just a run down, Pull the air box lid, baffle rejet its a ROCKET(this is all thats done to mine). Add the cam mod there is another 2-3 HP i think. Add a full pipe if your feeling spunky, Replace the crank with a WR450 crank and guess what you just now met the honda on the CCs, Hell you can change cams. there is a lot more room left under the hood of the yammi to make more power. As far as the kick start goes, I used to ride the wheels off my 250R i got tired of kicking it so im very happy to have electric start. the only time i have had an issue with the electric start was when i left the key on(user error) not yammis fault. So if having a kick start makes you feel like a man then yammi has that covered to they offer a kickstart kit for thier YFZ. Hell for the money that you will spend making the 450R keep up with the yammi you can purchase the kickstart kit and still have a faster bike Just my opinion.

John

SandAddict_pred
04-05-2005, 01:01 AM
they both ahve advantages and disadvantages.. yfz is faster out of box.. 450r is more reliable.. i know 2 people woth 450rs and 2 with yfzs.. both yfzs gave been blow up one twice!! the only thing with the 450r was an electrical porblem of some sort.

Bill Fuller
04-05-2005, 05:00 AM
You guys kill me:ermm: Whats with all this Honda better than the YFZ crap.Can't you all be happy that there is a choice?Honda has you guys right were they want you.Blind brand loyal and don't want to hear anything about a quad thats better than a Honda.I'm tired of this YFZ is to small chit,I'm 6 feet tall and feel very comfortable on the YFZ.As far as the kick start thing,if thats what you have to tell yourself then I'm wasting my time.Real men kick start................WTF!I guess I'm not a man.I buy what is best for ME,and that was the YFZ.All the 450r is,is a made over 400ex.Been there done that.And Mixmastermike is that the only picture you have of a YFZ???

04-05-2005, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
And Mixmastermike is that the only picture you have of a YFZ??? yes. I dont keep a photo album or anything of them. sorry

SandAddict_pred
04-05-2005, 01:00 PM
lol im not brand loyal to anything i won a polaris and a yamaha, the polaris was given to me.. if i was gonna buy my own it would have been a yfz 450. next would have been the 450r then the predator.. and i am currently lookin to trade my banshee for a 4 stroke.. hopefully a kfx 400 or z400..

Out_Sider
04-05-2005, 03:35 PM
well... the yfz will probably be my choice, and after looking at the specs on both and riding both, my decisions stands at the yfz.

pipe, filter, jet kit, cam mod- and you're doin awesome, then convert it to kick start (i race mx). get suspension for it, and you still come out with a lighter, faster quad and more balanced (the geometry on the 450r isn't as good even with complete suspension, i think it was mike walsh that said it has something to do with how the swing arm bolts to the frame)

im not raggin on the honda, or tryin to praise the yamaha.. my dad and my mechanic are both tryin to convince me to go honda, but i just can't see myself goin that route.

to each his own

03dynasty
04-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Thats quite a jump from a 300ex to a yfz, ~2x the hp. But I'm sure your dad wouldn't let you make that jump if you weren't ready.

Norris3710
04-05-2005, 07:50 PM
i dont really understand how the 450r has more potiential when the yfz is onily 439cc and the 450r has alot more. it also has another valve. but i still like both quads

04-06-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by 03dynasty
I'm not sure if I buy that. The yfz has more power stock then take the lid off, do the cam mod, remove the baffle and rejet and the 450r can't touch it for that amount of dough (the cost jetting).

Don't get me wrong I like the 450r but the yfz has certain advantages out of the box. To do the equal mods to the 450r you need to hrc kit (300 bucks, I suppose you could get by with a stage 2 hotcam so lets say 130 bucks) and a new carb (350 for a fcr40 from servicehonda.com, I know that is 1mm bigger than the yfz carb). Then jet that carb. Now I will consider the cost of the yfz being 500 dollars more. Both of these quads have the same amount invested in them. I still believe that the yfz will win, drag or mx it doesn't matter (equal rider ability/ weight).

Even when fully modded I think the yfz has the edge, that 5th valve makes a difference. Yamaha is just ahead of the four stroke movement...having said all that when I move to a 450 (my buddy is pushing me towards the yfz) I still think I want the 450r and I don't know why something draws me towards it.

Flame me if you wish but I just don't think that the 450r packs the same punch as the yfz. I dont think that I am biased at all. I have no beef with either companies like some do. Hell I've owned yammi's, honda's and suzuki's. I'm not saying that the 450r is a horrible quad (I prefer it over the peaky power of the yfz) just that the power is not the same.

yfz is better for MX, 450r is better for xc, that is with minor mods, fully modded the 450r will run right with a yfz straight down the track with a yfz fully modded also, if you dont wanna spend much get the yfz, it will be faster with a pipe, etc, then the 450r, if u wanna hack out some cash then get the 450r, its more reliable and you wont have to put as much money in it as the yfz to make it fast, being the yfz you need more because u need parts to make it reliable as well as faster

steveatv3
04-06-2005, 07:33 AM
You guys kill me:ermm: Whats with all this Honda better than the YFZ crap.Can't you all be happy that there is a choice?Honda has you guys right were they want you.Blind brand loyal and don't want to hear anything about a quad thats better than a Honda.I'm tired of this YFZ is to small chit,I'm 6 feet tall and feel very comfortable on the YFZ.As far as the kick start thing,if thats what you have to tell yourself then I'm wasting my time.Real men kick start................WTF!I guess I'm not a man.I buy what is best for ME,and that was the YFZ.All the 450r is,is a made over 400ex.Been there done that.And Mixmastermike is that the only picture you have of a YFZ???

I agree with buy what is best for you, i bought a 450r beacuse i liked the balance and power over the yfz. but it is nothing close to a done up 400ex. im talking motor wise its different in so many ways. and im not brand loyal i buy what holds up. ive had so many quads and i learned not to waste my time with the troublesome banshees and raptors. people buy a honda to go out to the garage and expect it to start with out changing plugs or either ect.

Bill Fuller
04-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Can someone please explain to me what is so unreliable about the YFZ???Please say somthing other than electrical BS.Why is the 450r so much better in the woods?I just can't seem to understand why everyone keeps saying that the Honda is the better XC quad and the YFZ is the better MX quad?Please explain this to me with some real info not some bullchit he said she said.It amazes me that the 450r is/was having crank bearing problems and that has passed by so quietly,but one picture of a burnt YFZ and all hell breaks lose:ermm:I have owned my YFZ for a year now and have had ZERO mechanical problems.I have 4 close friends with YFZs and ZERO mechanical problems there.We all race XC and abuse our rides more than others.I agree the 450r motor is different,but power wise it's not night and day to a well built 400ex.People talk about the Honda is more comfortable than the Yamaha,well if they are talking about the seat I agree.

ThumPIN_450R
04-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Why does every body get so but hurt when others don't every thing about there quads. Both of these bikes are so great it's rediculas just ride what you have and be happy about and quit you're b!tching

mstrav1
04-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Just think all the arguing started from a guy with a p.o. sh%$ preditor. I dont have enough time to list the problems with those things in addition to the fact that they are sloooooooooooow!!!
I had a yfz450 quad that had major electrical probs, tons of batteries, (2) water pump diaphrams, and yeah no kick start so i was stranded tons of times. Compare the cost of a yfz + kick start + higher price to purchase, is way more than trx. its just that much more dough to hop it up. free mods plus an hrc cam and an hrc tip = still less than a stock yfx. do the math! The seat sucks on the yfz!!!!! The kick start is so easy. Never needs a full kick, starts by second kick every time and i have never used the hot start and i bought new in sep 04' :macho :blah: :devil: :chinese: :scary:

drider
04-07-2005, 12:37 AM
mstrav1, yup thats why kick starter is much better! NO batteries, no problems.No charging. DOnt need to worry about if your starter is working to hard. All that $hit.!!!

Bill Fuller
04-07-2005, 04:56 AM
Even though I have never had a problem with my charging system,I would rather worry about a $65 battery than my engine from bearing failure.The second kick isn't good enough for me,thats why I have the button.Tell us about your MAJOR electrical problems?How many batteries??Whatever,I know I made the right choice and that gets reaffirmed at the start of every XC race.I always see 1 or 2 Hondas sitting on the line after the flag drops still kicking.I'm sure glad thats not me,MY YFZ has never failed to start.I guess you guys think that Honda is the only quad with free upgrades?(cammod,airbox etc...on the YFZ)

drider
04-07-2005, 01:04 PM
yea. kick lasts much longer than electric. Go back to your yfz forums!

D RIDER!!

mstrav1
04-07-2005, 07:12 PM
DON'T ALL THE GUYS THAT RACE THE YZ ADD THE KICK AND HOTSTART KIT TO THEIR BIKES? DON'T THEY ALSO REMOVE THE ELECTRIC START PIECES TO LIGHTEN THE BIKE UP AS WELL? IF YOU THINK A PREDITOR IS THE SH&* FOR RACING, YOUR CRAZY. THAT THING IS A TANK!!!!!! FOR EVERY HONDA YOU SEE ON THE SIDELINES, THERE IS AT LEAST 10 STILL RUNIN STRONG. IF YOU SEE A PREDITOR ON THE SIDELINES, POLARIS IS OUT OF THE RACE. HOW MANY 2-STROKE BIKES HAVE ELECTRIC START? BANSHEE , LTZ500, LTZ 250 , TRX 250R, BLASTER, PRETY MUCH ALL DIRT BIKES ARE KICK START. QUIT BEING SUCH A PANZY AS$. AT LEAST YOU PROB GOT A GOOD DEAL ON YOUR BIKE!!!!!!!!
HA HA :mad: :blah: :macho

Rich250RRacer
04-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 03dynasty

Yamaha is ahead of the 4-stroke movement? I know the magazines have praised the Yamaha quad, but look at the bikes. Honda has been the hands down winner since it was released. In the new Dirt Rider, the CRF went up against the new Suzuki, and Honda was on top again. The new Suzuki has alot going for it, in fact the bike almost mimics the CRF. It does have a little more low end punch, which they said would be better for less advanced riders. But for a pure out-of-the-box racer, it looks like the CRF is going to be king again.

Cvillecoldblood
04-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Last time I checked, the yfz450 was the racers choice. :D

But seriously its all what fits you. If you think the yfz is uncomfortable then thats your problem. In my opinion, I rode both, I think the trx is too smooth and slow. Not a serious race machine un till you drop a few grand into. Ive seen cammed yfz's eat serious race trx's alive.

Its all opinion though. :rolleyes:

TRXDresh
04-07-2005, 09:54 PM
The YFZ has terrible brakes, and a hard seat. for XC, you can ride so much more aggressively without getting tired on a TRX because you have a smooth motor, and can stop on a dime. The suspension geometry is alot less harsh on the Honda. I am not speaking for anybodies bike other than my own, but the Yamahas I have owned have been junk. The only problems I have had with my Honda is chain problems. The YFZ is not the racers choice anymore. Tons of XC riders have made the switch to Honda. The MX series is being led by a Zuki followed by 2 Hondas, and 4 of the top 5 int he TT series last year were TRXs. Sparks and Baldwin are claiming they can get more HP out of the TRX, and they can do it reliably. Regardless, everyone is going to like their bike better. It all comes down to rider. You can put a better rider on either one, and he will prevail.

Bill Fuller
04-08-2005, 04:57 AM
Terrible brakes???:huh Brakes work just fine may not as good as the 450r but to say they are terrible:ermm: All you go back to is the seat,easy change.Do any of you one post wonders even have a 450r?Better yet have you even rode a YFZ?

BUCK442
04-08-2005, 08:37 AM
I have owned each and here is my thoughts. The Yami did have good and bad as well as the Honda.

The Good Yami: Carved fine lines on the xc course with no push or bump steer. Suspension action was great for high speed sections and woops. Electric Start was a plus when you killed it wedged against a tree on an offcamber. Motor in stock trim was a screamer. Good low end grunt. Low slung chassis achieved by tweaking the stock suspension which increased handeling on the xc course. The front end stays planted when exiting corners.

The Bad Yami: I have hit the button and nothing happened before? The battery lasted only about 9 mo's. The chain adjustment is a pain. Chain tensioners last short period of time. Rims a little weak. The hit is a fatique factor on the xc couse after 2 hours. Suspension is harsh at slower speeds. Foot pegs a little high. A-Arm bushings are junk in 4-5 rides. Blew the decomp plug in middle of no where. Tank is a little small. Thumb throttle stiff.

The Good Honda; Never worry about leaving key on. The suspension is plush. I can ride al day and not get tired. Good mid-range, which is important in xc. The geometry fits me perfect 5'10 rider 180lb. The seat is soft and good size. Chain and airbox design an industry leader by far. The suspension is very very sensitive to adjustments and responds well. Bike works well with rider input and body movement. Great thumb trottle smooth.

The Bad Honda: A two or three kicker sometimes (rare). The bike will shoot staight thru a corner if you gas it to soon. Needs a longer swingarm. The suspension is a little bouncy at high speed in the rear. The bike has a little push due to ride height which the stock shocks will not allow much sag. The stock gearing is off needs a lower front sprocket as it is dead on the bottom. Cluth action is a little stiff.

Just my 2 cents. I love them both but can only ride one.!

:D :D

ThumPIN_450R
04-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Timing chains on the YFZ needs to be replaced every 20 hours. I've personnaly seen 3 of them blow motors because of this. I've also heard of many more having the same problem how's that for a reliability problem other than the electric start Bil Fuller

robman
04-08-2005, 12:08 PM
the bike trader is full of yfz's up here,wonder why:confused:

mstrav1
04-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Don't the tranies in the preds suck? Isn't the gearing crappy also? And again its a frick'en tankkkkkkkk!!!!!!!! This guy likes runin his mouth, but has nothin to back it up with. Dollar for doller the trx450r is the best!!!!!! End of story. Yes I also do like the yfz450, but since I have had both, I prefer the trx! The trx also is the king of the stroker bikes because we can go higher cc's. No racing bike is ever been ran in factory trim anyways. They strip the suspension, mod the engine, etc... , although that would be a great race to see. Bone stock bikes off the showroom floor with no mods. Only adjust the shocks and put gas in the tank 91 octane. I'd love to see this. The best rider would prob win though. I now it would be either 450 first and second!!!!!

this comparison is in factory stock trim only!!!!!!
mx / xc = either 450 first and second
dunes riding = either 450 again
dune hill climb / drags = either 450 again / raptor
flat track = either 450 again
baja = honda 450 / ds bombardier (prob ds)
trails = honda 450 / second? (flywheel on yfz sucks for this, stalls)

4-stroke contendors are: z400 (new 05') / ds / raptor / warrier (rap 350?) / yfz / trx450 / trx400 / preditor 05' either trany:mad:

DON'T BE A HATER! THE TRUTH HURTS. *** P.S. THE HRC CAM IS A HONDA ENGINEERED *** WHOPIN FOR THE OTHER BIKES. TRX450R IN STOCK TRIM IS SO THE MASSES COULD HANDLE THE POWER. ( I PREFER THE EXTRA POWER OF COURSE) DOES ANY OTHER BRAND HAVE A FACTORY ENGINEERED CAM HOP UP?

drider
04-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Ok here we go. price of a 05 TRX450R In Los Angeles California. $6,299 otd. Slam a Sparks pipe $460, Cam $lets say avg.$200. jets, needle = $45.Esr box eliminator, $65. total about about $800. So total bike n mods. $7,100. thats not even the same price for a new YFZ450 o.t.d.. Which one would u get , stock 450 yfz, modded TRX cheaper than a new yfz450??

TRue most racers swap a kick start on there yfz's.

mstrav1
04-08-2005, 01:34 PM
I BOUGHT MINE FROM LA HONDA 5660 OTD. YES THATS CORRECT $5660 OTD. NO SALES TAX WITH MY NEV DRIVERS LICENSE. DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR NO OTHER BIKE CAN RACE ME FOR A BRAND NEW BIKE DOLLER FOR DOLLER! (MEANING I AM AT $6500.00 FOR MY BIKE AS I RIDE EVERY DAY BRAND NEW. GO SPEND $6500 ON A NEW BIKE AND YOU WONT HANG. )

2MuchChi450R
04-08-2005, 01:44 PM

Ease up man, if you get this tore up on a forum, I wouldn't like to meet you in real life. The kickstart thing was a joke, I'm sure Tim Farr meant it as one also, but wasn't it Little that stalled his bike and couldn't get it started when he hit his key?. The 450r is not a made over 400ex. The EX shares everything with an XR. The 450r was designed and built with the help of Tim Farr. I'm happy that there's a choice for other people, even though I still pull customers from the local Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki shops looking for parts and service simply because those dealerships can't simply cut it in the business. The reason I'm brand loyal is because of reliability, not everyone has a million dollars to spend and has more than one quad in his or her trailor/garage/big rig in case the other blows up. Maybe you haven't found a competent person to ride with on a 450r, I don't know, but I have yet to see a competent yfz in a sea of red near my area. I guess I'm a one post wonder simply because I work and would rather be out riding than arguing on a forum. Last but not least, yes, I have had the chance to ride a yfz, but I still like my R better.

Bill Fuller
04-08-2005, 10:22 PM
I could argue with you narrow minded idiots all day long but the truth is I have to go change out my battery and get a new timing chain so I can keep up with all of you fast Honda riders.

What a joke.Like I said before I have what best suits me.

trx450r05101
04-09-2005, 08:55 PM
It amazes me that the 450r is/was having crank bearing problems and that has passed by so quietly,but one picture of a burnt YFZ and all hell breaks lose:ermm:

Even though I have never had a problem with my charging system,I would rather worry about a $65 battery than my engine from bearing failure.The second kick isn't good enough for me,thats why I have the button.

I bought what I'm happy with. Dont care what you ride ..keep up or get ROOSTED. But before you go slammin honda for a small fraction of bearing problems....which they have and will replace for ANYONE under warranty or NOT. That's right even ones NOT under warranty....thants HONDA...thats why I choose one. Honda isnt going to let thousands hang out to dry like yamaha...oh no what do I mean? Not Yamaha..OH YEAH ...THOUSANDS AND I MEAN THOUSANDS OUT IN THE COLD....BAD SECOND GEARS..WHOLE TRAMSMISSIONS...WTF!...AND NO HELP??(NEED AN 02 UPGRADE)...BAD ONE WAY BEARINGS IN YOUR STARTER SETUP....AND BAD STARTERS TA BOOT....if you dont believe me just go back to your yammi forum and ASK ANYONE WHO HAD A 01" RAPTOR. I know FIRST HAND! 2 MONTHS outta warranty and no help...Pick what you pick for you and no one else..BUT AT LEAST HAVE A CLUE BEFORE SLAMMIN.....JMO....

P.S. HAVE YET TO SEE A PICTURE OF ANY BURNT HONDA

drider
04-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Yea if youre down with honda. ANd you dont care what you ride, aslong u ride. Copy paste. "Doesn't matter aslong you have FUN!" . Think about it, whats riding really about? having fun . YEAA. HONDA POWERRR

KEVIN132
04-10-2005, 07:28 PM
anyone that was at the capeway rovers nov7 04 saw atleast one yfz having problems gettin goin and it must be great between races hookin your bike up to a charger all the time i saw many hoods open. this is fact. to each his own . my 04 is flawless goodluck 05 guys!:rolleyes:

450 Racer R
04-10-2005, 07:45 PM
isn't the yfz built very similar to the Honda trx250r?

TRXDresh
04-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Bill Filler-

This one post wonder has 2 450r's, and one of the other riders on my race team has a YFZ. I have ridden both extensively. The Brakes are Terrible. Ride a TRX hard in tight conditions, then try to ride the same way with a YFZ. You have to think alot more to make sure you don't blast through berms etc. Charging issues have plagued most of the YFZ racers I know. Get that chip of your shoulder. Its all fun and games here. You have a post especially for your bike. As you can tell, there are not as many posts in your section. Honda is outselling Yamaha big right now.

chris450R
04-11-2005, 11:22 AM
i guess i will jump in on this discussion about our quads. to me the kick start is the way to go! there are no problems with it. starts everytime for me. just pull the choke, make sure gas is on, pump gas once, kick, and it fires right up, no hesitation. i have nevver had a problem staring it except when i didn't have the kill switch in:rolleyes: . both my step brothers have a predator and a yfz and both have had battery problems. the predator had a the battery blow up this weekend durong a race, needless to say that was the end of his night. the yfz needs to be charged if it stes longer than a day! it should not be like that. i don't know about ya'll but having to worry about keeping a battery charged or if my quad is going to start, really sucks! my first atv was a yamaha warrior and i had so many problem with the battery on it. for awhile when i went to ride i would strap on a jumper 2000 to the front and if it killed it or stopped i would be able to start it. that sucked. i could ride as hard as i could because of it bouncing around. with my 450R that problem has been solved. and also i have had mine for over a year now with no problem at all!

as for the predator not being race worthy. it would beg to differ. it is a great quad just alittle it heavier. it has a steel subframe which is heavier but adds tons of strength. weight can be saved there, if needed. but my step brothers predator has a 12.5:1 wiseco piston, FCR 42mm carb, a full yoshi exhaust, and a rath racing k&n intake, and it hauls! with minor changes here and there it is well worth it and very competitive with the 450R and yfz. we all race together and it usually always comes down to betweent me, him on the predator and my other step brother on the yfz on who will win.

here is a pic of the predator and yfz.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/pb39abb4b285221331fc8a532b6866ef0/f480b6ab.jpg