PDA

View Full Version : 300ex stock setup

fasterblaster09
04-02-2005, 08:43 PM
i was wondering if anyone knows about what a 300ex stock setup (stock a-arms and shocks) can take..i realy dont have $800 to buy aftermarket,and i dont do 15 foot jumps.i was just going to make me a few little hills,maybe 5 feet at the most (im new at jumping),and i was wondering if stock would hold up good.and i dont think i would need a landing ramp for such a small jump(or do i?). and also-i have my frotn stock rims turned around to change my offset to make my front end wider,and was wondering if it will be strong anough to hold up little jumps..

any info would be great,thanx neil

300ex-boy
04-02-2005, 10:23 PM
I would deffinitely not be doing jumps with the rims flipped. I would deffinitely not be doing jumps with the stock setup either. Its not very safe, but you MIGHT be ok. someone else will have to leave input, but i dont think its a very good idea at all wiht the rims flipped, toooo much stress.

250xridamatt
04-04-2005, 04:55 PM
I would switch your rims back before jumping. I have a little wooden jump that i built like to years ago. It might be 1 1/2 ft. tall. I overjumped this little hill i have for a landing and my front shock just snapped in half. Once you start jumping a little bit, you will want to make the jump bigger and bigger as you get better. Just be cautious as you might break something (like a shock) if you dont land right, especially if you dont have a landing. I'm just lucky i didnt flip over the front when the shock snapped, and i still havn't figured out how i didn't?

dirtmomma
04-04-2005, 05:29 PM
I race my 300 w/ STOCK suspension & wider a arms w/ no problem but then again i'm not very big, i mainly race flattrack but have been doing some TT's lately w/ about 5-6' tall tabletops & thats w/ the front end lowered.
For just learning i think you will be fine, but i would flip the rims back it's HARD on the front ;) go out have fun, save your $$ for something better on down the road :)

300ex13
04-05-2005, 09:23 AM
if u stiffen up the front shocks a little you should be fine....ive jumped mine pretty hard since ive had it and it does ok...im about 140 and iver bottomed out the fronts a few times and the rear is really soft and havent bottomed it out yet....dont know if this helps ya or not!

fasterblaster09
04-05-2005, 03:32 PM
o o mthanks..i will try it..only way to find out if it holds up is to jump it!!..im about 145-150 or so..we'll see..thanks neil

fishinmate1188
04-05-2005, 08:20 PM
i have a 300ex and have been hitting a 10ft tabletop and other small jumps under 20ft for a couple years now and its not a big deal they can take it, a cheap fix is to buy 400ex shocks and the shock conversion kit (ebay) i have just recently done this to my 300ex and its alot better Will