PDA

View Full Version : Axis Shocks

Foxrage
05-12-2002, 07:49 PM
I was wondering how everyone likes there axis? Can anyone explain to me why they are the beat? Should i get them? What modle Should i get i think i want the triple rate comp adj. Any info is great! Thanks

Evan
05-12-2002, 07:59 PM
Yes they are the best but I dont see why you would need them, you said you weigh 100#s right, at that weight any shock will proably feel like a cloud. If you plan on keeping your 400 till your alot older then get axis cuz you will never have to upgrade, just revalve over the years

Foxrage
05-12-2002, 08:04 PM
Hey thanks for actually considering my future needs. I mean know i only weigh 100 now but if i start to grow i dont want shocks that wont grow with me. I want to do it right the first time. Not wait till l8er and have to wait again for shocks and spend more money. Most people are gonna say o just get some works but what if works wont work when im older when i start racing they just do by one thing to pic what is best for a kid but they dont think about us growing and geting better and hitting bigger jumps.

Nausty
05-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Well if you plan to keep that quad forever like I do, you would probably be better off to just go with the best stuff which is probably custom axis and roll or houser long travel so you don't end up having to sell what you would have to get the same thing later as you get better.

05-12-2002, 11:58 PM
That's what I am going to get for my 250r I'm building, after I choose my frame.

Triple Rate with comp adj. is the way to go. The rebound and comp adj. cost $150 more, are very difficult to adjust (as I've heard), and actually take up a tiny bit of shock travel.

http://www.kandkatv.com/custom_axis_frequently_asked_que.htm

So the comp adj. looks like the best.