PDA

View Full Version : mojave.. bore.. etc.

Honda 250X 91
04-02-2005, 02:49 PM
If i would take my mojave motor and bore it .60 over wat else would i need to get or should get to keep her in good cond.. like if i got it bored .60 over.. and still be running pump gas!!

Birddogg
04-02-2005, 05:05 PM
As long as you don't bump up the compression too much you will be fine with pump gas. Race fuel doesn't add any benifits to a low compression engine.

Cody_300ex
04-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Birddogg
As long as you don't bump up the compression too much you will be fine with pump gas. Race fuel doesn't add any benifits to a low compression engine.

IMO I think it adds a little bit of pep to it. It also burns the carbon build-up out of the motor.

Birddogg
04-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Key words there were in your opinion. You're entitled to one, everyone is. But facts are facts, and the bottom line is that race fuel does absolutely nothing for a low compression engine. If anything it will hurt performance cause it burns too slow under those conditions. Compression builds heat and race fuel is resistant to igniting and burning up from that heat untill it's actually sparked from the plug. Save the money you're wasting on race fuel and put it somewhere else.

Honda 250X 91
04-04-2005, 01:49 PM
like wat else would i need like if i bored it .60 over.. though.. im lookin to build a trail riding/woods race bike!!

ryanh250ex
04-04-2005, 01:52 PM
UNI filter, no airbox lid porting/polish, carb (a bigger one, or simply rejetting for more fuel flow), and a cam. boring alone does not add much power. you can probably find a piston for your mojave that will let you run 91/93 octane without pinging. sprockets would help too, but would not add horsepower/torque.