PDA

View Full Version : Iowa "The Farm" Directions

dirtriderex
04-02-2005, 01:44 PM
How do you get to "The Farm" in Iowa, also do you guys recommend me to preregister.

QUADROOKIE
04-02-2005, 03:15 PM
It doesnt matter if you pre-register or not, except you may not get the number you want. I would register now, online, at the iatvhss website. You may have to PM Andy to see about what number you can use.

DIRECTIONS----

I assume you r coming in on I-80. Take the HWY 65/69 South exit to INDIANOLA. (not sure exactly what the exit sign says, but it is at the far east edge of Des Moines near Altoona. This exit turns into a "by-pass" that takes you around the south edge of Des Moines. Stay on it til you see the actual "HWY 65-69" south Indianola exit. It will be the next exit AFTER the HWY 5 Carlisle exit. Take this exit and go south, it will take you straight into the town of Indianola. Stay on that street all the way THROUGH town, at the south edge of town at the HWY 92 intersection, it will turn into a 2 lane HWY to the south. Go south out of town approx. 3-4 miles to a gravel road that runs back west called NEVADA ST. There is a small private airport just off the highway on the south of Nevada st. This will be a right hand turn. Go west on Nevada for approx 4-5 miles to 80th st. which is another gravel road. Take 80th street south(left hand turn) for a mile or so to NIXON st. Take a RIGHT on Nixon, it will be a dead end and the track is at the bottom of the hill.

If you need any more details, PM me and Ill get you the info you need.

dirtriderex
04-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Sweet, Thanks

wolvee
04-06-2005, 09:26 PM
If you want to travel on less gravel - take 92 west of Indianola or east of I35. Turn south on R57, stay on this pavement. You will go over a bridge and the pavement turns to the right stay on this, it will curve back left and turn into gravel. Stay on this until you come to Nixon and turn right....this is a dead end road. The Farm is at the end on the right.

www.iatvhss.com