PDA

View Full Version : help with wheels

crazyriles
04-02-2005, 10:20 AM
I put my RAZR 2s on my race bike because of muddy track conditions. We have be trying to get them off but they wont budge. we tried sledge hammering them, using a crowbar, and just yanking them. We also tried spraying wd on it to try to lub it up. It is as if they were melted onto the hub. we also tried to get the pin out of the hub but no luck with the wheel on. If it helps its a douglas red labels for my old 400ex. Also i need answers as quick as possible because a race is tommorrow and i need to get my mx tires on. Thanks

crazyriles
04-02-2005, 10:39 AM
anyone have this problem before because i need some serious help with it.

joshm8979
04-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I just had the same problem with mine today. We tried holding a board flat against the wheel and tire horizontal and hitting it. That didn't work. We finally took a board and hit the rim from the inside around the 4 points on the hub and it came off. We had to hit it HARD to get it to work. They were on so tight that it left aluminum shavings in the threads on my hubs.

jeepnrocks
04-02-2005, 09:46 PM
the wheel is stuck to the hub? I never had this problem too bad with a quad. My t-9s get a little tight on there and require some muscle to get off but nothing like you are describing.
This is just an idea and i never trieds it before but...
what if you got an old style jack or a high lift jack ( like lifted vehicles use)
then put it inbetween the 2 wheels and used it to spread them apart. it might be tricky because the wheel would want to kink at an angle, but it might be enuf to break it free of the hub.
u might even be able to rig something up with a regular javk and some blocks of wood.
I never had the problem so i'm just trying to think of anything that may help..

the Z Man
04-02-2005, 10:12 PM
It sounds like you put the lugnuts on the normal way as if it was a stock rim, when you go to an aftermarket rim you need to flip the lugnut so the flat part is in, one way to fix it is to take some rod about the size of a 1/2 inch extension and pound out your studs, it should come right off then. Z.

KEVIN132
04-03-2005, 04:33 AM
its sucky but it does sound as if you put the lugs with the taper in!!!!!!done a lot of rims and never have had that happen to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!