PDA

View Full Version : considering joining the airforce

bansheerider_13
04-02-2005, 10:09 AM
i am considering joining the airforce right now im 19 and there is nothing in my area even if i do go to college it doesnt get me anywhere really in this area i was wonder if some people would give me there thoughts on the airforce thanks by the way does anyone know the size limts i am 6'3 and 235lbs my friends said that i weighted to much can anyone let me know thanks

DeerNuts
04-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by bansheerider_13
i am considering joining the airforce right now im 19 and there is nothing in my area even if i do go to college it doesnt get me anywhere really in this area i was wonder if some people would give me there thoughts on the airforce thanks by the way does anyone know the size limts i am 6'3 and 235lbs my friends said that i weighted to much can anyone let me know thanks

I am not 100% familiar with exact Air Force specifications as to who can fly a plane and who cannot, but you are almost certainly way over the size limit for doing stuff like that. Besides, you need to be EXTREMELY intelligent/quick to even have a chance at doing something like that.

I have a friend in Air Force, and he loves it. Hard training at first, for basic or whatever they call it, but he says the food is way better (compared to what he has heard Army food is like) I also had an old teacher who was once in the Air Force, and she said they conditions overall were the best of any of the branches of the armed forces.

Joining the Air Force, in my opinion, would be the best idea if you were to join the military.

bansheerider_13
04-02-2005, 10:21 AM
i know i would never be able to fly a plane iwas thinking a mechine or somethign along those lines

DaleJrFan
04-02-2005, 10:56 AM
i am currently enlisted in the navy stationed on a airforce base. before you join any branch of the service, consider what you want to do when you get out. dont wast 4 or 5 years of your life in the military if you dont have a plan for when you are ready to become a civilian again. this happens to over half of the young people i work with. i wont beat up on the air force but depending on what kind of career you are wanting to pursue later in life, check out the air force and navy and see what kind of technical training they offer in that career field and utilize it when you get out. either way, take advantage of going to school while in the military.the pay isnt that great no matter what you are doing, but depending on what branch you join, there is a ton of travel and you wont ever work with a better group of guys any where else in the world. explore all your options before you make up your mind. pm me if you have any questions.

04-02-2005, 02:02 PM
i have always wanted to become a pilot. I didn't care what it was I flew but just wanted to fly. I am 5'11" 155 lbs. and made a 23 on my ACT and a real high score on my asvab. The airforce could not guarantee me a spot to fly so I will not do it. I am going to college next year for aviation flight.

Syrus
04-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Just to get in, dont u have to be able to like run a mile or 2 in 10 minutes or something like that ?

04-02-2005, 02:39 PM
a 10 minute mile is easy. I run a mile in about 5:35

bansheeguy77
04-02-2005, 06:20 PM
im pretty sure you have to be an officer to fly. there are basic entry fitness requirements, then graduation requirements which of course are harder. i was looking into joining the military, but then all this terorism crap came up and i dont feel like going and risking my life to be somewhere we dont need to be. to remove sadam was necessary but now its not imo.
and yeah the air force is the "easiest" of the military branches. still a very good branch....like dalejrfan said, it all depends on what you want to do when you get out. go for a skill or something and utilize the training so you get a good job when you get out.

jonc623
04-02-2005, 09:51 PM
i say go for it i was in the army for 7 years andd had a good time learned alot and like someone said pick a job you can use on the outside i was a heavy equipment operator and i am doing it now makeing about 25 bucks an hour to do what i really like to do good luck to you later jon

cotttonwoody
04-02-2005, 10:06 PM
I am in the air force right now, so if you have any questions i will be happy to answer. You will probly be able to get in, they have waivers for every thing.