PDA

View Full Version : Stoopid Noob Question

Marack
04-02-2005, 03:50 AM
Why cut the fenders down?
The only reason I can come up with useing my limited intelect is so you can see your front tires. The fenders can't create that much drag.

<Script>
<Flame Noob>
</Script>

baker250r
04-02-2005, 08:59 AM
most people do it for looks. there is no real advantage. in MX u get muddy no matter wut. same with GNCC. Some quads look better with fenders... some dont. I personally love hwo my R looks without fenders.

rollie
04-02-2005, 08:49 PM
people say it takes weight off:rolleyes: like 1 pound

they say it's more airodinamic(sp):rolleyes: i doubt it does anything

i did mine because it looks awsome

but alot of people do it for more vision...you can see the hole front end so if somethings wrong you can see it:cool:

TheFontMaster
04-02-2005, 08:54 PM
I heard that full fenders can mess with how a quad flys though the air. Also I noticed on my 300ex it made the quad seem like I had more leg room, and was much more comfortable than with fenders. And I liked being able to see what the front wheels were doing. it let me go through tight places and rock easyer. And I think it's cool just to watch what the front end is doing.

Myrtle150
04-03-2005, 11:54 AM
For me, its a comfort and looks thing. With full fenders, Im really uncomfortable when jumping and ridin mx tracks..plus it just looks 10 times better w/cut fenders

Warnerade
04-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer12
people say it takes weight off:rolleyes: like 1 pound

they say it's more airodinamic(sp):rolleyes: i doubt it does anything

i did mine because it looks awsome

but alot of people do it for more vision...you can see the hole front end so if somethings wrong you can see it:cool: ive never heard anyone say it was to lose weight...and yes, it would do something for aerodynamics...not very much on the new quads like the yfz and trx...but on the ex's...look at those huge things, its like a parachute...

shellz4sand
04-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I like the way it looks alot better.If you spend alot of time in the mud beware you will get real muddy, but that's half the fun.I still have the fenders on my 300ex and they are getting cut too.As you can see the difference my 300ex doesn't look as good!It is alot easier to have them out of the way.

TCracin440ex
04-05-2005, 01:02 AM
well mx racers shave their plastics so they can see what their suspension is doing, and not only that more aerodynamic...they create more drag than you know...i went to the mx track with my stock plastics still intact and saw how much drag they created, came home that night and hacked them off...now i will never own a quad again without shaving them plastics off...i just feel naked when i ride a quad with out shaved fronts...its like ridding blind

they also do this so you can see the lips of jumps...i know with front plastics on its hard to see when your comming up on the lip of a jump....

Ralph
04-05-2005, 08:15 AM
in really muddy conditions mud will cake under the fenders and weight them down so much that they may sag or crack, seing your tires is also a plus.

perosnaly i think i did it more for looks than anything

300ex13
04-05-2005, 01:10 PM
i think im going to cut the fenders on my 300 because i hate the huge warning labels on the left side and i think the front fenders look like some sort of a "bubble" lol sounds bad but thats what i think about them...i think most quads look better withy cuts