PDA

View Full Version : no link swingarm

crazyracer250r
04-01-2005, 08:11 PM
i heard that geting a no link swingarm increses your travel alot for mx im an a class rider if im bottoming my rear end out on certain jumps do you think it would be a good idea to invest and get a no link swing arm and whatever it takes to buil it or is it woth the money any help would be great thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

zedicus00
04-01-2005, 08:27 PM
on a stock link frame all you need to change to run a no link swinger is a special no link arm, JRD, Roll Design, and Lonestar make one. it doesnt add a lot of travel but it is a lot more responsive ride

jeepnrocks
04-01-2005, 09:50 PM
is there anything like that for the new 450's. im pretty sure there isn't but just curious?

QuadRacer041
04-02-2005, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by crazyracer250r
i heard that geting a no link swingarm increses your travel alot for mx im an a class rider if im bottoming my rear end out on certain jumps do you think it would be a good idea to invest and get a no link swing arm and whatever it takes to buil it or is it woth the money any help would be great thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

the no link really isnt designed for jumping its made for better handleing in whoops, if your bottoming out you need your shock revalved.

QuadRacer041
04-02-2005, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
is there anything like that for the new 450's. im pretty sure there isn't but just curious?

i know they make a long travel set up for the 450's but it still use's linkage.
call roll they might make a no link for the 450.or try there website

zedicus00
04-02-2005, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
the no link really isnt designed for jumping its made for better handleing in whoops, if your bottoming out you need your shock revalved.

this is true except the know link setup does handle big jumps better also IMHO.

QuadRacer041
04-02-2005, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
this is true except the know link setup does handle big jumps better also IMHO.

well if you think so.....but i just dont see that the differance in the shock angle will have to do with the quad slamming to the ground.i think the actual shock valving has more to do with landing jumps then the no link.

zedicus00
04-02-2005, 05:37 AM
i didnt meen it like that. you said that a no link isnt designed for jumping. that is what i disagreed with. it will handle big jumps jus fine.

QuadRacer041
04-02-2005, 06:46 AM
well not that it isnt designed for jumping, thats not what i mean,im saying when it was designed its purpose to to handle better, it doesnt make it worse for jumping.

yamablaster24
04-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Running the no link will give you more travel but you will need to revalve. It will be an ocerall better shock unless your doing flat track or racing tracks with no whoops or big jumps.