PDA

View Full Version : clutch

Scott-300ex
04-01-2005, 07:44 PM
alright, my car needs a new clutch, i go to get on it and the tires spin then the clutch has been spinning a lot! and its pissin me off, i can't believe im going to have to put a friggin clutch in it already, but hell, it'll be fun

whats a good clutch that will grab? im thinkin just calling ford performance and get a real high torque one

i don't want a ceramic cuz i heard they grab and they don't slip, is this true, like instead or riding the clutch it just jerks and its out?

well, anyway i need a really good clutch if any of ya have had experiences with any or know any good brands or whatever types of clutches

THANKS

Honda4trax250x
04-01-2005, 07:52 PM
bahhh you mustang guys and your replacing clutches as often as your underwear

haha j/p

bansheerider_13
04-02-2005, 11:10 AM
i put a new clutch in my camaro last year by the you siad your tires are spinning that doesnt mean the clutch is out your clutch is slipping when you giving it gas and not moving lol its not fun it took about 4 hours to do but i learned alot

frcfed4
04-02-2005, 01:03 PM
I had a Centerforce Dual Friction in my last car and it was an all stock crx with like and i/h/e and it would bark 3rd gear with it so i know for a fact that clutch grabs really good. i think mine was like 3 bills so its not all that expensive either

Scott-300ex
04-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
bahhh you mustang guys and your replacing clutches as often as your underwear

haha j/p

lmao

funny as hell

the tires used to squeel the whole time up till i let off which was like 65, now it only squeels till like 3000rpms, then clutch slips in higher rpms

i'll proly just get a real good kevlar one