PDA

View Full Version : Careers

H-Bomb09
04-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Well, its getting close to me having to make a decision about what i want to go to college for and spend the rest of my life doing... and i can honestly say i have no idea what i want to do, i wanted to know what you guys thought are good careers, i have the easiest time in my science classes and also my math classes. I was also thinking of buiseness management but i still have no idea what to do, i also want to consider a high paying career which is what most people look for but once again i can't find out what most people get paid in certain fields. if anyone can help its really appreciated, thanks.

Quad18star
04-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Well it all depends on your interests . You say you're good in sciences , but what type ?? Biology , Chemistry , Physics ??

If you enjoy Physics , as well as math .... maybe look into the Engineering fields . Everything I learnt in my physics and math classes in highschool , I applied in my Civil Engineering program in College .

Are you the outdoors type , or prefer a desk job ? That's another thing to consider . I'm an Assistant Manager with a large aftermarket parts company here in Canada .... I enjoy my job ... I don't mind sitting at a desk , creating orders , doing purchasing and helping customers . I enjoyed some things from my Civil Engineering program , like the law part of it , and a bit of the Auto CAD ... but I didn't enjoy standing out in the freezing cold trying to take measurements and other readings .... it just wasn't for me .

Studies say that you'll change your mind , and post secondary program about 3 times before you settle or find soemthing you enjoy .

Hondadudeehhhh
04-01-2005, 05:01 PM
whne do you graduate? im suprised you havent done that career thing thru discovery yet. We do it every year here with our consollers. If your school hasnt had you do it i would recomend taking the time to do it yourself or introducing the program to the school. Its on discovery, very usefull

04-01-2005, 06:23 PM
im currently a senior in high school and just got accepted to Southern Illinois University for their Aviation Flight program so I will become a pilot. Make sure you major in something you plan to use out of college (or it may be a complete waste of time pertaining to you job), you could mature through the experience?

1BADYFZ
04-01-2005, 06:36 PM
I farm corn/soybeans:devil: