PDA

View Full Version : Having Some Problems.

Jr_300ex
04-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Today i got home from school and whent riding. About an hour into my ride i hit a jump and when i landed i whent to get back on the gas and it stalled. So stop and start it back up, let out eh clutch. At about have throlte it boggs down.

It idles fine but when i go past have throtle it dies. I have no clue what the problem could be. SOMEONE HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!!

MX174
04-01-2005, 04:22 PM
see if your air filter popped off, mine did on my old 400ex and it flipped over and acted as a air block off to the air boot.

drifterx
04-01-2005, 07:23 PM
I know this sounds dumb, but is your choke on? I did that with my buddy, when we were riding. I choked it to get it started, and took off down his field, and it kept stalling half throttle. Then, i remebered, took it off, and it ran great!

Check it out, might be the solution...

Jr_300ex
04-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I took my Air filter off the WB filter and put the stock filter on. And NO my choke wasnt on. lol. I pulled the spark plug out, and put a new on in. Still nothing. when it first did it, i thought I ran out of gas. It sounds like it aint getting enough gaas, ill have to pull the carb off tomaarow.

MX174
04-01-2005, 08:13 PM
jmo, but it sounds like its sucking air because if you give it throttle its making it get more air and enough to kill the motor. if you jumped and it was running fine before maybe a fitting popped off and its getting air somewhere, check the 2 tubes on your frame and make sure both are attached to the airbox. Make sure that the carb is attached good to the boot on the motor and the boot off the airbox. It could be in the carb but i doubt it is if the problem started after jumping

bulkdriverlp
04-01-2005, 08:43 PM
you may have screwed something up in the carb, the jump may have stuck your floats all the way up and your not gettin gas or something.:ermm:

Jr_300ex
04-02-2005, 10:06 AM
The float was gummed up or somthing. I pulled the cover off of the top of my carb and move that arm up and down. connected the fuel line agian and now she runs like a dream!!