PDA

View Full Version : Pro rider mods?

kingcolt45
04-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey does anybody know where I can find a complete list of specs and mods on Jon Gutter's YFZ? Or is there a place where I can find mods on a bunch of different rider's quads?

YamaWarr0121
04-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Their set up's aren't far off the set-ups many amatures run, just they have two or more bikes, mechanics setting them up just right, and ride the PISS OUT of them...

Take my bike for example, exact replica of Don Lysinger's pro #411 bike.. only thing he has is motor work, while i am running stock engine with only cam- mod done..

if you are looking to mod out your bike, start with suspension as in A-arms, shocks, swingarm, tires, wheels, handlebars, of course nerfs and kill switch. Then go into the smaller things such as dampners, and speciality items, THEN finally go into the motor, a few can ride a stock motor to it's full potential, and if you can then go for the motor work, but don't get it until you can go nearly full throttle around the whole track, always searching for more go, i know that i am a Mid to front more pack B class rider at nationals, and i only run a exhaust/airfilter set up on my bike..

kingcolt45
04-02-2005, 12:17 AM
kool, thanks for the advice Yamawarr. I got one more question to through at you all. I understand the reasoning for putting a wide setup on your quad but why do I see some guys(especially frestylers) going with such narrow a-arms and a really narrow set up? Does it have something to do with their style of riding(im sure it does) but why.

04-02-2005, 12:43 AM
A narrower setup is more manuverable in the air, whereas a wide set up is less manuverable in the air, but provides longer suspension travel and more forgiveness if landed wrong.

It all depends on how they feel comfortable.

Craig02
04-02-2005, 04:56 PM
This is Keith’s last MX race bike of the 2004 season.

2004 Yamaha YFZ 450

Lonestar:
Stock frame gusseted and powder coated
Titanium Long Travel A-arms
Steering Stem +0 +1
Swingarm
6 Point Sub Frame
Re-enforced spindles
Carrier
Brake Hub
Axle
Front Aluminum Wheel Hubs