PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with my Raptor 80?

RAPTOR80RACR990
04-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Everytime I wash my Raptor 80 it will never start back up. The only way to get it started again is to drift start it. Does anyone elses mini quad do this. What is wrong with it.

tonyoptionr
04-12-2005, 10:50 PM
are you getting water in the filter or in the exhaust pipe?? how long has it been doing this? does it only do it after you wash it? if you just let is sit and cool down for a couple hours will it start back up easily? you could have other problems.

RAPTOR80RACR990
04-13-2005, 07:05 PM
I am not getting water in the airfilter or pipe. Because when i wash it i put my muffler plug in. It has been doing that ever since I got it. And if I let it set for a couple hours it starts back up. Not unless I am getting to much water on the engine or something.
Thanks

RAPTOR80RACR990
04-13-2005, 07:07 PM
And the only other time it does it is when you blast through a water hole. Because I was at a race this weekend and you have to go across this water hole before the check point. And I went through it and my fourwheeler died. But it started back up.

tonyoptionr
04-13-2005, 07:13 PM
you have got to be getting water into your carb somehow. do you have a aftermarket filter on it? stock airbox? you should take airfilter off while pressure washing motor. i always take our filters off and plug the carb up. have you tried that? tony

RAPTOR80RACR990
04-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Yes I have an aftermarket filter an UNI. And I have a stock airbox. Ok I wil have to try that. I was looking at that one thread were you posted ur sons trx 90. That thing is sweet. thanks

Arctic Cat Dad
04-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi Raptor 80, How ya been. You might be getting water into the sparkplug boot. The plug might be getting wet. 2 things I do to Michaels mini is this. I put some black tape around the plugwire where it goes into the boot, The boot is what plugs onto the plug. Helps seal out the water. Also on top of the carb,where the throttle cable goes into the carb. there should be a little rubber piece that goes around the cable and over the little neck where the cable goes down in. Wrap some black tape over this. Duct tape will also work fine. Works for us. Be careful riding and race smart! Mike.

mxmike17
04-14-2005, 07:52 AM
I agree with Artic Cat Dad on the plug getting wet.

RAPTOR80RACR990
04-14-2005, 12:13 PM
I am doing pretty good Arctic Cat Dad. How about your self. I also heared that if you put clear finger nail polish around that that it would keep water out of your sparkplug. I will have to put some of that tape over that plugwire boot. I will have to do that later when my dad gets home. Arctic Cat Dad did Micheal race that Charleston race 4/10/05. well thanks everyone that answered me back.:D