PDA

View Full Version : atc250r 310 or 330 esr

williamjernigan
03-31-2005, 10:58 PM
I have a atc that I got yesterday at 3 am and I rode it today. Right now it has been bored out 100 over and it has a fmf pipe with boyesen reeds and it has a dyna-fs ignition and k&n filter. Right now its hard to keep the front wheel on the ground through 4th gear but I want to make it faster. I have a tecate that I have been building for drag racing and it is a tecate 4 and I also have a tecate3 on the way that I might drag race. I like the powervalved engine on my tecate and how the power comes on and I think that its the way I would like to go on the r but I don't really wont to spend to much money. I saw they had a bolt on 310 kit. With this do I have to get a different rod or anything to make it fit.

zedicus00
04-01-2005, 07:05 AM
nope it is a true bolt on. you will be fine. but it will give the bottom end a work out so i hope its in pretty good shape.

deathman53
04-01-2005, 02:05 PM
I have a 310 pv in my atc250r, if you are going with a esr kit, you are gonna have to grind the cross bar over the cylinder head a bit for a notch for the spark plug(the spark plug comes straight out of the center on the esr heads). I have a lrd kit and it had a anlgled spark plug, like stock, but also I specifically told them it was going on a atc. Also you ar gonna have re-route the bottom radiator line, as the powervalve sits directly in the path. FIRST, get rid of the fmf pipe, get a esr or Paul turner, fmf's fall flat on top end, compared to a esr pipe. How did he put a dyna ingnition on it? They only sell them for trx250r's, and the cdi's don't interchange.

zedicus00
04-01-2005, 02:10 PM
with a lil wiring the CDI's do interchange. i know a guy with an 85-86 3 wheeler cdi on his 88 trx.