PDA

View Full Version : how do i get sponsered

chaz#32
03-31-2005, 09:27 PM
hey my name is chaz i am 14 and race a trx400ex and i wont to get serious about racing. i live in a small town but i am 8 miles away from a local mx race track.this is a picture of me jumping a 40 foot gap on a wooden ramp i mad. do you know how i can get sponsered??

44oEX
04-01-2005, 06:16 AM
well I say start small. talk to the local shop and see if they can give you anything.

dirtmomma
04-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Well it would be best to race some races 1st to see how you do if you like it ect. Once you get some finishes under your belt then I would make up a resume. You should put info about yourself, hobbies,how you do in school,extra curricular activities ect. then you need to tell them what YOU will do for THEM!! How you will represent thier company ect. you will not get free items from sponsorship, you may get some discounts ect.

Once you get some races under your belt you can also go to www.sponsorhouse.com & for $50 a year you can use thier service IT IS WORTH IT!!!

My son has been racing 5-6 yrs. last yr. i did the sponsorhouse & he got GREAT results, he now has about 15 sponsors from thier plus the local sponsors he has. Don't expect to be getting top sponsorship cuz you'll just be bummed when/if you don't ;) and BE REAL don't be some cocky kid that says/thinks he can win any race, or is the best rider ect. I AND SPONSORS hate that!!! They want you to be down to earth, get good grades, be a good person!!

hope this helps if you have any more ? just LMK :)
TTYL~DM

indigo
04-01-2005, 09:31 AM
You truly have to be a good person on and off the track work your tail off. Show the people that you want to sponsor you that you can and will work and do anything for them. If they want you at a certain race or so then be there. You gotta give alittle to get a little

JRDrider22
04-01-2005, 11:12 AM
im also 14. my biggest advice is to not give up. you have to work hard. ive ridden some of my hardest this years practices and i feel great. i'm sponsered by JRD Racing, Mt holly Powersports, and Johnsons powdercoating. you have to work your way to the best. i had a fear of going big last year and ive gotten over that. ive learned to push myself harder into turns and pump out every gear in a straight away to get me where im at. just some advice...also ..where do you live?

04-01-2005, 08:47 PM
everything needs to look prof. and SPELLING counts:D LOL