PDA

View Full Version : drive sprocket bolt missing

rsimmons_82
03-31-2005, 08:25 PM
A friend and i went riding today and at the end of the ride, we knowticed that he was missing the bolt that holds his drive sprocket on. We looked inside the hole and knowticed all the threads were missing on the inside. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how they fixed it.

please reply quick.

03-31-2005, 09:14 PM
i dont understand..the front sprocket bolt that goes in the middle undid itself and all the threads are stripped out? He can helicoil it I guess but IDK

rsimmons_82
03-31-2005, 09:23 PM
thats the bolt... he said he tried to tap the hole back out, but the shaft is super hard (no suprise).

TRXDresh
04-01-2005, 01:47 PM
That guy happened to be me. I figured out that there is a counterbore that is approximately 3/4 of an inch deep before the threads start. That is why we couldn't see or feel the threads. Still don't know why the bolt backed out though. Tell you what, I felt like a dumb*****. You learn something everyday. Good thing I didn't try very hard to re-tap the hole.

CdaleXtreme
04-01-2005, 02:15 PM
I was gonna say there is no reason that those threads would dissapear like that, the metal on the counter shaft is going to be very hard. Just grab another Bolt from Honda. and USE RED LOCTIE! Dont use a cheap bolt from the hardware store.