PDA

View Full Version : No Service/Wireless phones/Cingular

Punk'd
03-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Ok I just got a new phone 2 months ago and its been awesome but suddenly i have no service were i used to have it full. Does anyone know what the deal is or have this problem and what can be done to fix it? Thanks

jessi jane
03-31-2005, 08:26 PM
You need to update your phone. I have Verizon and your suppose to update it every month. What we are suppose to update is the roaming capabilities. But it also updates the phone I know it doesn't sound like it would fix your problem but you'd be suprized. But I don't know if Cingular has something like that though. I would deff call your Cingular place and ask them what is going on though.

Punk'd
03-31-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by jessi jane
You need to update your phone. I have Verizon and your suppose to update it every month. What we are suppose to update is the roaming capabilities. But it also updates the phone I know it doesn't sound like it would fix your problem but you'd be suprized. But I don't know if Cingular has something like that though. I would deff call your Cingular place and ask them what is going on though.

Yeah It said no updates at this time.. Its a motorola and I used to love it now im pissed:mad:

jessi jane
03-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Yeah It said no updates at this time.. Its a motorola and I used to love it now im pissed:mad:
Yeah I would be to.

gojk
03-31-2005, 11:34 PM
I would take it too a cingular dealer. I believe they recently merged with another wireless company, so maybe they updated the tower you were hitting and the phone needs a reprogram.

big-guy
04-01-2005, 12:27 AM
cingular and att wireless merged, the 2 lowest rated companies in customer satisfacton. And Motorola manufactures microchips for use in landmines...

Rdhanded2
04-01-2005, 08:51 AM
*228 updates most cellular phones, but it could mean a tower is down, or they changed a roaming agreement and now the tower you were using is now not available to you. I would go to your local store and explain the situation. And be polite. You will get much further.

Tommy 17
04-01-2005, 09:05 AM
cingular bent me over a table and :eek2: haha

i had AT&T who they combined with... 2 of our 3 phones broke... they told us they couldn't give us phones that would work because AT&T no longer exists...

they wanted 200$ a phone to switch them to cingular from AT&T even thou my old phone was a cingular phone

they wanted 99$ for a new phone exactly like i had sitting in my hand...

so overall thats 900$!!! i told them to F off and went to verizon... still cost me 700$ to switch over thou:grr: :grr: :grr:

04-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
cingular bent me over a table and :eek2: haha

i had AT&T who they combined with... 2 of our 3 phones broke... they told us they couldn't give us phones that would work because AT&T no longer exists...

they wanted 200$ a phone to switch them to cingular from AT&T even thou my old phone was a cingular phone

they wanted 99$ for a new phone exactly like i had sitting in my hand...

so overall thats 900$!!! i told them to F off and went to verizon... still cost me 700$ to switch over thou:grr: :grr: :grr:

hrmm.. we have a att go phone, and is now running through cingular, was seemless transistion.. and should have been for you also, as that was the one big issue with the merger...

Jesse

Punk'd
04-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Ok I went there and now they tell me they have no service desk anymore you have to call this number and they replace your phone by mail WTF im so pissed off!!!!!!!

bulkdriverlp
04-01-2005, 04:23 PM
nextel works up here now, real cool:D