PDA

View Full Version : Swing arm bearings stuck???

bansheex
03-31-2005, 07:48 PM
I am trying to replace my swing arm bearings and the bolt will not come out.How do you get them out when they are frozen? I tried beating on the end of the bolt with a shaft(so the bolt wouldn't get wrecked), I have given up on that and replaced the nut and beat on that directly,no luck. If I squeeze a sawzall between the frame and swing arm and cut both sides, will it come out, or will the engine still hang it up??? WTF!!

nosliw
03-31-2005, 07:50 PM
i just removed mine a few days ago to lube, but i got SOOOO lucky, it came out very easily....

basically what you gotta do it pound on it a lot. if that don't work then heat up the area around it and pound on it a lot. if that don't work then....... :ermm: hydraulic press?

crazyatvn
04-01-2005, 06:00 AM
if not you will have to cut in 4 spots to remove it I would exhaust every opion first soak it with somekind of penitraiting oil for a while see it that helps at all.

mntly_imptnt
04-02-2005, 07:10 AM
when people say the swingarm bolt is stuck, most often it is in a bind. the bolt has goes through the motor, frame, and swingarm . all are under pressure. that preesure is by the weight of the quad and motor, and the angle of the swingarm, and the force of the rear shock. most times the bolt is just bound up. if you can find the sweet spot qnd get the binding pressure off it, it should come out. this has been my experience. and that is my 2 cents. later

bansheex
04-02-2005, 07:11 PM
I know what you are saying, but it isn't bound up.It is seized for sure.

flyingbyfast400
04-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Mine was left in my motor seens in was new, and my 400ex is a 2001 and i just took it out last winter to pull the motor out, and replace the swinger bearings and sum onther odds and ends.. I use lots of lube a BFH, and a impact gun and socket.. Once i used the impact gun it came right out.. I hardly had to beat it out. I've done this on a few onther 400's and it seemed to work real good also..
Have Fun