PDA

View Full Version : why cant i ride with boots on?

redrider311
03-31-2005, 07:02 PM
hello ive been riding now for about 5 years and i finally decided to get a pair of boots because i plan to race this summer and i dont see anyone wiht out them on :p ... i bought a new pair of Alipinestars tech 4's... and now when i ride its like i have leg braces on... the boots fit very comfortably so size isnt an issue.. is there something im doing wrong.. or do i just need to wear the boots it.. and how long does wearing them in usually take.. i mean does it get alot easier to ride with boots on or am i just making this harder for me?

QUADROOKIE
03-31-2005, 07:15 PM
I felt the same way at first. It just takes some breaking in. I think after about 5-6 days of riding they will start to really feel better. My main problem was not being able to feel the pressure of the shifter on my toes so I wasnt sure if I was actually shifting or not. But it comes natural now.

honda400ex68b
03-31-2005, 07:18 PM
i have a pair of alpinestars tech 7, which is for bikes and it took a couple of times to get used to them. wear them for awhile, they should break in soon and you will get used to wearing them. they will save your feet and ankles. they saved mine a few times. i dont ride or race without them.

redrider311
03-31-2005, 07:34 PM
so your saying that if i ride with them for about a week or so everyday they should get really broken in and ill be ok ?
my only problem is i cant bend the front of my foot up and down to shift easily it takes alot more time and effort.. but your saying after a while it will be ok?

QUADROOKIE
03-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Yes. Its just like any other kind of shoe/boot. It will suck for a few rides, but before you know it, they will be just like they are you favorite pair of tennis shoes!!:D

honda400ex68b
03-31-2005, 08:09 PM
i can wear mine all day at the races and dont have any problems with them, almost like a tennis shoe now. your's will be after they break in.

zdude400
03-31-2005, 09:34 PM
the best way to break in your boots is to find a good step hill and walk up and down in them a couple of times then your set

JR3
04-01-2005, 04:04 AM
Another good way to break them in this is what i did. Was just wear them around the house like when u get home from work just put them on an do all the little things u have to around the house etc. Basically the more time with your feet in them the easier it will get and did u raise ur shifter for them

ohski
04-01-2005, 06:04 AM
did u raise ur shifter for them

I had to do this on both of my sports... I kept missing shifts and finally raised the shift a notch up and all was well again.

Wade

baja_racer
04-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Most riding boots are designed for motorcycle riding, it's easier to shift on a bike. Break them in first...work on your ankle strength.

indigo
04-01-2005, 09:34 AM
I had to adjust my shifter also

ryann mx68
04-01-2005, 12:19 PM
i have tech 8's, even worse to break-in. try this, get them wet and ride all day, theyll be broke in quick

5valves
04-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Just ride, ride, and keep riding.
One thing I have noticed is your shifting style may change. I move my hole foot to shift
Just go ride, pretty soon it will all be natural.
I feel like going riding.

humboldt hills
04-01-2005, 05:29 PM
I bought a pair of AXO's that just wouldn't break in, so I give them a break in of my own before I ride by placing them in front of me toe pointing towards me and force the back of the boot, wear it rubs your calf muscle, to the toe and drive my knee in it to seperate the ankle area. Doing this before every ride helped mine.

BigThumper33
04-01-2005, 06:14 PM
easiest way to break in a pair of boots is to put them on and wear them around your home. Do yard work, things in the garage, etc. Anything that involves moving your feet.

I bought a pair of tech 8's and broke them in the night before a race this way.