PDA

View Full Version : confused bout rejetting

greco400
03-31-2005, 05:43 PM
Im Really rich well i lowered it in the winter and it ran alright.. so today i decied to bring it back up b/c it was fouling my plug and running like crap, i brought it up. but sometimes when i puch it it cuts out, and it shuts off just idleing

Im confused what i should do I just hate it backfireing and not running good ( i just got it rebuilt and im trying to get the most power out of it with out leaning it all way out

thanks!

jonc623
03-31-2005, 07:02 PM
i think you went wrong way you should go up in cold and down when hot at least thats what my quad takes more gas in cold and less in hot

greco400
03-31-2005, 07:14 PM
SO lowering the needle richen's it up or leans it out i might of said it wrong. I will run a plug test 2marro and see where its missing it feels like half trottle

ryanh250ex
03-31-2005, 08:13 PM
needle jet...the e-clip:

bring it down a notch, you make it richer.

bring it up a notch, you lean it out. it's that simple.

if it's cutting out at mid-throttle, the e-clip (or depending on what you changed, the needle jet itself) is the issue.

we can help you a bit more if you tell us what exactly you changed.

HondaR
03-31-2005, 08:14 PM
screw out for rich in for lean

JOEX
03-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by greco400
SO lowering the needle richen's it up or leans it out i might of said it wrong. I will run a plug test 2marro and see where its missing it feels like half trottle
Lowering the needle, which is done by raising the e-clip, will lean out the mixture from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle position.

greco400
04-01-2005, 04:37 AM
Ok thats what i thought, after school today im going to run it and see what my plug looks like i think i got to go more more notch up to lean it out, Its getting to much fuel at 3/4 throttle, so i raised it up one and it helped a lot. alright, thank you! i will get back to you!