PDA

View Full Version : Taking choke off increase performance

Nick110
03-31-2005, 04:53 PM
people have said that takin the choke off on a 400ex will increase the power and performance. how and why if it does.

bigvforcer
03-31-2005, 05:02 PM
iF YOU READ THE ARTICLE SECTION OF THE SITE IT TELLS YOU HOW TO DO IT AND i THINK GIVES YOU INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO IT. IF NOT DO A SEARCH. I AM SURE THERE IS PLENTY OF INFO ON THIS SUBJECT.

2muchquad
03-31-2005, 07:05 PM
it helps the air flow with out having the choke plate a little bit.i dont think its worth it IMO.you have togo to a bigger pilot to ease starting and jockey the throttle to keep it running once you do.i wouldnt think its worth the hassle.sure everybody like easy(and free)mods but look elsewhere for your performance gains..:)

nosliw
03-31-2005, 07:28 PM
i did it a couple of days ago. it is worth in imo. took not that long, and felt a noticeable, small but still noticeable increase in both throttle response and overall performance.

starting it up in cold is no problem. put the 42 pilot jet in, which is easy, and feather the throttle to keep it alive (if you even have to) for a couple of seconds. it will idle fine on it's own.

ryanh250ex
03-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by bigvforcer
iF YOU READ THE ARTICLE SECTION OF THE SITE IT TELLS YOU HOW TO DO IT AND i THINK GIVES YOU INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO IT. IF NOT DO A SEARCH. I AM SURE THERE IS PLENTY OF INFO ON THIS SUBJECT.

STOP SCREAMING PLEASE OKAY THANK YOU

edit: taking it off will give you a small gain.