PDA

View Full Version : So much for my New Years Resolution !!!

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Well a few might remember around New Years when we were all saying what our Resolution for the year was . Some might recall I said mine was to stay out of the hospital this year .... well that all went down the drain on Monday .

I ended up in the Emergency department of the hospital Monday afternoon , after comming back from my girlfriend's parents place which was 6 hours away . A few days prior to Monday , I started getting swelling and pain in my abdomen , and by Sunday and Monday the pain was just too much . I ended up driving 6 hours to get back home , and make my way into the hospital . After looking me over , the surgeon figured he might as well go in and see what was going on inside me .

They wheeled me off to the Operating Room .... 45 minutes later , I came out with a nice incision below my belly button that measures about 4 inches long ... is about 1 inch wide and about an inch deep . Turns out I had an absess (?) that had formed , causing all the swelling and pain . They didn't stitch it up , and just put packing in it until it heals and closes itself up . It's pretty hard to imagine that it will close itself without stitches , but the doctor told me it should only take a few weeks . :confused:

So that was how I spent my Easter long weekend , as well as the last few days ( in the hospital) . I broke my New Years Resolution again this year ..... and hopefully for the last time . :ermm:

Mxjunkie
03-31-2005, 03:44 PM
The new girl is badluck allready :chinese:

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
The new girl is badluck allready :chinese:

LOL ...... I'm starting to think I'm jinxed , or someone out there REALLY hates me, has a Voodoo Doll and is doing this stuff to me . :ermm: :(

zephead400ex
03-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Eating the Easter bunny on Easter is always bad luck man! haha, jp! I hope everything works out for you man and stay away from those damn hospitals!!!!

Dan_Guetter
03-31-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
LOL ...... I'm starting to think I'm jinxed , or someone out there REALLY hates me, has a Voodoo Doll and is doing this stuff to me . :ermm: :(

ha ha ha (evil laugh)

jk:blah:

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
ha ha ha (evil laugh)

jk:blah:

LOL ..... I'm searching for the smilie that gives the finger , but I just can't find it . :p ;)

TM426
03-31-2005, 04:55 PM
I would hate to have your luck man. You are always hurt or something. Your health insurance must be nuts. Dont lie you just want that hot nurse to give you sponge baths.:devil:

LazeR
03-31-2005, 05:18 PM

at least you didnt break anything this time! and it wasn't a month stay! Hope you heal up quickly man, take care of yourself and stay outa the damn hospital :blah:

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by TM426
I would hate to have your luck man. You are always hurt or something. Your health insurance must be nuts. Dont lie you just want that hot nurse to give you sponge baths.:devil:

I hate my own luck . LOL . About the only thing I have to pay for , is the meds I have prescribed for at home ... everything else is paid for through our Provincial and Federal Health Care up here . I even have a nurse come to my place twice a day , and that's paid for by the Government ...... the nurse is pretty cute too . :D

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
at least you didnt break anything this time! and it wasn't a month stay! Hope you heal up quickly man, take care of yourself and stay outa the damn hospital :blah:

This was the shortest stay yet . :D I'm hoping , crossing my fingers and praying that I stay the hell out of that place for atleast a year now . It's starting to become bullchit being in there every 6 months or so . :grr:

If you all want to start a poll and put money down on which months I'll end up in the hospital ... put you money on the month of March and August ... those seem to be my "popular" months for being hospitalized . :ermm:

03-31-2005, 05:37 PM
hey i havent see u on the forums like for one month and when u post something is to say taht u wer on the hospital...again.. !!

Get well man.!

PS.... did u sold ur yfz???

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by tony_jackass
hey i havent see u on the forums like for one month and when u post something is to say taht u wer on the hospital...again.. !!

Get well man.!

PS.... did u sold ur yfz???

Ya I haven't been on here too much . I've been busy running around and getting stuff ready ( read : buying things) to move into the new appartment . I also spent last weekend up at the girlfriend's parents place and been spending quite a bit of time with my GF . I spent from Monday until today in the hospital recovering from surgery .

I still have the YFZ .... she's for sale locally , but I've received nothing but tire kickers and test pilots . :grr:

03-31-2005, 06:08 PM
Ya I haven't been on here too much . I've been busy running around and getting stuff ready ( read : buying things) to move into the new appartment . I also spent last weekend up at the girlfriend's parents place and been spending quite a bit of time with my GF . I spent from Monday until today in the hospital recovering from surgery .

I still have the YFZ .... she's for sale locally , but I've received nothing but tire kickers and test pilots . :grr:

haha tire kickers,,,, she doesnt wants to leave you!! thats why.

Scott-300ex
03-31-2005, 07:00 PM
that sucks balls man, big balls, i hope you get feeling better

but man, the beds in my hospital are so comfortable, i almost didn't want to go home:p

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
that sucks balls man, big balls, i hope you get feeling better

but man, the beds in my hospital are so comfortable, i almost didn't want to go home:p

Thanks .... I'm feeling a ton better than when I went in on Monday . I was in a ton of pain and could hardly stand up straight ... plus I had to drive 6 hours to get home and to the hospital ..... my GF held my seatbelt loose from around my waist the whole way cause the tension it was putting on my stomach was too much . Never take 2 Tylenol 3 with codeine and drive ... WOW .... I don't know how I made it home but I did.

The beds at our hospital are pretty comfy also . They are all that new "NASA Engineered " foam and the beds all have the little buttons to raise your head or feet . Kinda of wish my bed at home at those little buttons . :p

Cody_300ex
03-31-2005, 08:10 PM
Damn greg! You just can't stay out of them hospitals can ya? Get better man!

JOEX
03-31-2005, 08:24 PM
At least you werent pregnant!:blah:

I think we can let this one slide since it wasn't self inflicted:p

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
At least you werent pregnant!:blah:

I think we can let this one slide since it wasn't self inflicted:p

LMAO .... yeah the piss test came back negative on the Pregnancy part of the report . I'm serious .. I was able to look at the report and it had " Pregnant - No " along with all the other things they can tell by your piss . :confused:

Just wait until I get pictures of this wound .... she's a beauty . I'm pretty good when it comes to seeing pretty weird things , but when I seen this one for the first time , and they pulled the packing out and it started to bleed a bit ... I'll admit it kind of freaked me out and made me a little light headed . Pretty weird when you see your stomach ripped open . :eek2: :huh

JOEX
03-31-2005, 08:38 PM
I had one of those on my 'back side' Not much fun having to pack you *** with gauze:ermm:

That didn't sound very good:eek: :p

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 08:44 PM
I had one of those on my 'back side' Not much fun having to pack you *** with gauze:ermm:

That didn't sound very good:eek: :p

It's a good thing I know what you're talking about , or else I'd be thinking you fly the wrong way . ;) :p

I'm gunna have a health care nurse come in twice a day to change the packing . They want to make sure I know how to do it correctly .... I'm pretty positive I can do it myself .... it's not like this is the first time I have to take care of open wounds . LOL

How long did it take before your back side healed up ?? My doctor said this one on my stomach should heal and close within a few weeks , but that's really hard to believe seeing the size of this wound . :confused:

JOEX
03-31-2005, 08:53 PM
LOL! My *** is exit only:o

It was about 12-13 years ago so I don't remember so well:o :p but I think it was at least several weeks, mine was about the size of a ping pong ball:ermm:

I went back to work too soon and something broke loose and it started bleeding real bad while at work. Had to call an ambulance to take me to the ER, it was quite painful when they were 'fixing' me up:ermm:

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 08:59 PM
LOL! My *** is exit only:o

It was about 12-13 years ago so I don't remember so well:o :p but I think it was at least several weeks, mine was about the size of a ping pong ball:ermm:

I went back to work too soon and something broke loose and it started bleeding real bad while at work. Had to call an ambulance to take me to the ER, it was quite painful when they were 'fixing' me up:ermm:

OUCH !!!! I know the pain . The doctors were playing around in my wound with a needle and a piece of rubber hose to see if it lead further into my abdomen . They injected a bunch of x-ray dye and stuff . Burnt like a SOB and hurt like hell when they pulled out the packing cuz it was all dried up and stuck to the skin ( which made it start to bleed) :grr:

44oEX
04-01-2005, 06:33 AM
man you have the worst luck ever. suck to be you :D
got a love canadian health care tho :devil:

you have seen the pics of my busted up leg with the stiches. well when they took the stiches out it open up within a week. and they say there was nothing they could do, I just had to let it fix it self. it was 2.5 inch wide and a haft in deep. it took like 5-6 week before the holed filled it self up. and my leg still has a big purple scar. but they said that since it's in a place with with not much blood it takes longer

Quad18star
04-01-2005, 08:03 AM
If I didn't have bad luck , I'd have no luck at all . Ah well ... chit happens ... just gotta deal with it .

Here's what the wound looks like ..... pretty nasty to see it in person . :ermm:

Cody_300ex
04-01-2005, 09:12 AM
OUCH!! that hurts just looking at it!!!

44oEX
04-01-2005, 09:22 AM
yep that looks just like my leg did. after the stiches were out. except no that big. it will probably be a big purple spot on your stomach.

Quad18star
04-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by 44oEX
yep that looks just like my leg did. after the stiches were out. except no that big. it will probably be a big purple spot on your stomach.

I guess it'll match the nice pink/purple spot on my leg then . LOL

44oEX
04-01-2005, 09:30 AM
yep lol

04-01-2005, 10:15 AM
holy crap how did that happened? :eek2: :eek2:

Quad18star
04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
holy crap how did that happened? :eek2: :eek2:

I had a really bad pain in my abdomen , so they operated on me and found it to be an absess that formed . Instead of stitching it up , and having the risk of another forming , the doctors decided to leave it open , and let it heal from the inside out . They said it'll take a few weeks before it heals and closes up . Kind of hard to believe that something this size will heal itself ... but the doctors are the experts , so I'll go with what they say .

04-01-2005, 11:02 AM
so.. u just woke up one day with a stomachache and it got worst?? thats weird...:ermm:

Quad18star
04-01-2005, 11:34 AM
so.. u just woke up one day with a stomachache and it got worst?? thats weird...:ermm:

It started off with slight pain ... felt like a bruise .... then it just got worse . By Sunday and Monday , it was really sore , swollen and all red . I started feeling the "bruising" about a week before .

AtvMxRider
04-01-2005, 02:13 PM
LOL ..... I'm searching for the smilie that gives the finger , but I just can't find it . :p ;)

HtFoxChick
04-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck AGAIN!:(

Quad18star
04-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the smilie Jerry .... that's the one I was looking for . :p :devil:

1BADYFZ
04-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Thats why I never make resolutions are promises. If you dont make them, you can't break them.:D