PDA

View Full Version : megamax good or bad

redexrider4290
03-31-2005, 03:02 PM
i wanted to get a hmf exahaust but i CAN'T get a exahsut that;s loud so i am thinking of just geting a fmf megamax with a k&n
will this combo give me any good noticale gains i know the megamax isn;t the best pipe but you can adjust the sound and i need a fairly qiute pipe will this give me near as much power as just a hmf full system would

should i notice a difference after puting the fmf and k&n on

the yazer
03-31-2005, 03:14 PM
i had a megajunk..... oops megamax on my 400ex and a k&n. the seat of the pants feel was the same as my buddy who had a yoshi. dont know what one, but he paid like 600 or something like that for it. also it felt the same as a white bro e series.
but........... the pipe was poorly made i had to get it welded 3 times also the packing was starting to blow out after half a season of riding.

and notice how i said SEAT OF THE PANTS not dyno tested

ryanh250ex
03-31-2005, 09:15 PM
i've never had a megamax, but i've seen them around, and after taking a close look, i wasn't real impressed with the build quality. there's better pipes out there.

how quiet do you need? I'd go with a tunable disc system, like a E-series.

drifterx
03-31-2005, 09:58 PM
I was riding once, and saw a kid with a megamax on his warrior. He was pulling the clutch by everyone and revving it up, like he was all bad@$$ and stuff :rolleyes: . But anyway, it was louder than most any quad i've ever heared. Those megamaxes are crap anyway. Don't get one. White brothers E-Series is a good quieter pipe.

redexrider4290
04-01-2005, 10:59 AM
can you change the sound of a White bros
i need something pretty qiute i mean louder than stock but not two loud so that people can hear me everywhere i go
i sometimes ride like a 100 yards from my freinds house where i keep my quad and i dont want his parents to hear me all the time i mean its alright if they hear me when their are outside but i dont want them to her my quad over ther television or anything but i still want something a bit louder than stock

and im on a limeted budget i have like 200 now but i can save some more if i need it i would like a full system but i will settle with a slip on i just want some good performance

-was looking at hmf but i heard to loud

TC426EX
04-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Good or Bad?

Terrible....

muddy400EX
04-02-2005, 01:21 PM
HMF! HMF! HMF! just get the friggin quiet core. they are not that loud anyways. they sound awesome!

i suggest NOT getting a disc pipe, they are quieter but they sound like crap compared to an open pipe. e-series isnt a bad pipe, but an HMF with a quiet core is the same DB as the e-series.

and there is no way your gonna get a good full sytem with 200 bucks