PDA

View Full Version : G.P.R , W.E.R Stablizer

FAQ654
03-31-2005, 04:39 AM
Hello,
I am wondering how people are running either one of these stablizers and how you like them. Do you think that they are worth the money over a denton or pep rebuildable.
Thanks for any input.

330R PowerValve
03-31-2005, 05:18 AM
I've had the denton and wer. I think the wer is much better than the denton.

quadjeff
03-31-2005, 09:13 AM
Well worth the money for a GPR. I have them on both 450's and my 250R... You will never buy anything else. on the fly adjustment is great..

Hammer trx450r
03-31-2005, 12:58 PM
My WER is great

holeshot19
03-31-2005, 04:03 PM
but if was going to buy another i would consider buying a presion i know the spelling isnt write but look on ******** they have a write up on it:D

K_Fulk
03-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by 330R PowerValve
I've had the denton and wer. I think the wer is much better than the denton.

Same here

86atc250r
04-01-2005, 04:38 PM
You guys must have gotten different WERs than I got...

I installed it and was excited to feel it's performance based upon reviews from a couple GNCC riders.

At first I didn't think it was doing much, but I was assured that it just had better high speed damping and less low speed damping so it actually worked better without feeling it as much - so I gave it the benefit of the doubt for a couple more races.

Then it started leaking - so I went thru it. Went another race or two, started leaking again, this time more badly - so I went thru it again, but this time I gave it much more scrutiny when I put it back on the bike.

I found that it had almost all low speed damping and almost no high speed damping -- and the low speed damping it provlided was not very significant.

So I ditched it and went back to a dual telescopic damper setup and am much happier now.

FWIW, I've also tried GPR and Scotts -- while I believe both are great dampers, I don't like their stud mounts that flex heavily under firm damping - gives the steering a vague, spongy feel.

Needless to say, I spent a lot of cash and ended almost back where I started. Dual Telescopics and a once a season rebuild.

BTW - if anyone wants a WER damper I've got two that are being used as paperweights... I didn't feel right selling them to anyone but maybe you'll have better luck than I did. Make a reasonable offer and I'll dig them up from whatever stack of paper it is they're holding down.

Someone really needs to pony up and make a specific ATV designed damper instead of failing at trying to graft dirtbike dampers, or volkswagen dampers on an ATV.

jeepnrocks
04-01-2005, 04:54 PM
I have a telescopic dampner and it seems to work fine for me. I thought about going the big bucks route and then decided against it.