PDA

View Full Version : Vote No Please!!! Atv Bill

wheelinforlife
03-30-2005, 10:25 PM
The DNR has gone to extreme here! They need just a bigger fine. Pretty soon they will get worse laws until there is no ATV's anymore.

wheelinforlife
03-30-2005, 10:26 PM
http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-duluthgenera&msg=563.1&ctx=1 (http://)

wheelinforlife
03-30-2005, 10:27 PM
http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-duluthgenera&msg=563.1&ctx=1

Sorry cant get it to a fast link but please take a min to vote no.

Out_Sider
03-30-2005, 10:46 PM
i voted No, those *******s need to just stfu

Sportrax10
03-30-2005, 10:49 PM
I voted no.. :cool:

Almost there...

wheelinforlife
03-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Thanks bud! I wounder how many people that voted yes have a ATV?! Some people just dont get it.

03-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by wheelinforlife
Thanks bud! I wounder how many people that voted yes have a ATV?! Some people just dont get it.

unfortuantly, i had to vote yes... if you REPEATEDLY break the law, you deserve to have your **** seized.. THAT is what gives this sport a bad name, because people ride on the roads, ride on private property, tear up land that doesnt belong to them..

What exactly is NOT to get when you are BREAKING the LAW while riding a atv? DONT DO IT! if you have to cross a road, shut the bike off, get off of it and PUSH IT ACROSS! there is absolutly NO need to fly down the road at 100 mph riding a wheelie, backwards, with no hands.. dont break the law, and you wont have a issue.. period.

Jesse

Cody_300ex
03-31-2005, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
What exactly is NOT to get when you are BREAKING the LAW while riding a atv? DONT DO IT! if you have to cross a road, shut the bike off, get off of it and PUSH IT ACROSS! there is absolutly NO need to fly down the road at 100 mph riding a wheelie, backwards, with no hands.. dont break the law, and you wont have a issue.. period.

Jesse

Push a quad across a road that most cars do 65+ on, I'll pass! Also your gunna have to do a lot of **** to a quad to run 100 MPH, more or less on a wheelie. :rolleyes: I voted no:cool:

initall
03-31-2005, 06:44 AM
"Push a quad across a road that most cars do 65+ on, I'll pass!"

The same road Snowmobiles can cross.

banshee93
03-31-2005, 06:50 AM
I voted no. i Think that they just need to quit making up moire laws.

Doober
03-31-2005, 08:23 AM

there is absolutly NO need to fly down the road at 100 mph riding a wheelie, backwards, with no hands..
Jesse

i would love to see that...wheelies backwards with no hands

400EX_Kid_03
03-31-2005, 08:46 AM
Another "NO" vote here....

People need to just get over it... what the hell is so wrong with a dang ATV? NOTHING!!! its a moving vehical with 4 wheels and a motor...

oh wow, a car has that too!

wheelinforlife
03-31-2005, 09:07 AM
Push it across yeah ok! Please tell me you dont have a ATV. I'm not going to say anything else about that I will get in trouble;)

jcv400ex
03-31-2005, 10:17 AM
Sorry, that one was a no-brainer.....I voted YES!!! Break the law, you gotta pay. Time to start steppin up! :macho

Mxjunkie
03-31-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Sorry, that one was a no-brainer.....I voted YES!!! Break the law, you gotta pay. Time to start steppin up! :macho

Same here, I am really against riding on public and other types of roads and riding on peoples property. If you do that you should be slamed with finds IMO

wheelinforlife
03-31-2005, 10:36 AM
Fines is good for me. BUt to Take your wheeler away!!! way to extreme!!!!

XANDADA
03-31-2005, 10:43 AM
I don't think they should seize it. They don't exactly sieze your car if you get to many speeding tickets (just your license)...

03-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by wheelinforlife
Fines is good for me. BUt to Take your wheeler away!!! way to extreme!!!!

heh.. if you repeatedly break the law.. REPEATEDLY, as the thing said.. you SHOULD get your bike taken..

A old saying goes into effect here.. Dont do the crime if you cant do the time!

Jesse.

hardkoratvmxr
03-31-2005, 07:07 PM
i voted no

gyt-r450
03-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
i voted no

TheMachine
03-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Voted yes here. Sorry but like everyone else said, if you break the law repeatedly, you should pay.

chazekxt
03-31-2005, 08:38 PM
i voted no

TheFontMaster
03-31-2005, 08:52 PM
I hate how up here everyone love the snowmobiles, and everyone hates the quads. In the winter you can see lines of 15 sled going down the side walks in town all day, and they don't even get a passing glance from a cop. But one quad on the sidewalk for 30 feet to get to a trail, your getting a ticket. Sorry I just kinda needed to vent.

TRFOXX
03-31-2005, 08:59 PM
i voted NO! Way to extream penalties for the crime. I ride snowmobiles up in Michigan and it the same BS there also. Everyone loves the snowmobile but hates the quads.

PBlackmon
03-31-2005, 09:47 PM
I voted NO!!! Maybe a fine, but not taking your quad away:(

LeGaCyGiAnT124
03-31-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I hate how up here everyone love the snowmobiles, and everyone hates the quads. In the winter you can see lines of 15 sled going down the side walks in town all day, and they don't even get a passing glance from a cop. But one quad on the sidewalk for 30 feet to get to a trail, your getting a ticket. Sorry I just kinda needed to vent.

yea im fricken sick of all of it to :mad: you know why they do it because some of the dumb arses that ride on the rode and ruin it for everyone

03-31-2005, 09:56 PM
unfortuantly, i had to vote yes... if you REPEATEDLY break the law, you deserve to have your **** seized.. THAT is what gives this sport a bad name, because people ride on the roads, ride on private property, tear up land that doesnt belong to them..

Jesse

I VotEd No! One ThInG Is PuNiShing the guys who broke a law and another thing is banning atv's.

JOEX
03-31-2005, 10:11 PM
Depending on what the offenses are maybe yes, if someone can't or wont follow the laws and regulations of any hobby they shouldn't be able to participate.

It a vauge poll so I didn't vote. Do they mean sieze as in impound the atv and you pay a fee to retrieve it? I doubt that they would be able to permanetly sieze a vehicle unless it was involved in a very serious crime:ermm:

TheX1992
03-31-2005, 10:27 PM
I voted yes for the simple reason that if someone is (key word) REPEATEDLY breaking the law, then they don't deserve to own one. Yes cars have 4 wheels too, but they still have to follow rules. If you are caught driving erratically, then you will have problems. If you drive safe and with resepect of everybody else, then you are in the clear. Same with ATV's. If you feel like raising hell, they shall raise hell on you. If you leave them alone, they will, in turn, leave you alone (at least around here). I used to take my ATV on the roads to the trails and wave to the cops and they would wave back as I passed them. I never got out of 1st gear and my right tires were always within 6 inches of the curb on the right side of the road. It may have taken longer, but I didn't have to worry about upsetting anybody. Now there was a blue banshee that road down my road WFO each day. He doesn't ride around here anymore for the simple fact of irritating all the neighbors.

If you respect them, they will respect you.

MichaelS693
03-31-2005, 10:28 PM
i voted yes.. sorry guys.. yes, i do think they should be able to impound your atv IF you break the law over and over... i think the 3 strikes your out rule would be good.. and thats basically what they are saying.. its not saying the first time they will take it.. its after you break it many times which in fact if you are responsible you should not be breakin a major law anyway... its just my opinion guys... dont take it to heart:D

03-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Depending on what the offenses are maybe yes, if someone can't or wont follow the laws and regulations of any hobby they shouldn't be able to participate.

couldnt have said that any better..

I voted yes for the simple reason that if someone is (key word) REPEATEDLY breaking the law, then they don't deserve to own one. Yes cars have 4 wheels too, but they still have to follow rules.

Yup, thats dead on point.. But i suppose when your 14/15/16/17 you think that the world owes you somthing and that you can do whatever you want.. and dont quite understand what RULES and LAWS are... and Thats the people that would vote NO to this whole thing..

Jesse

Out_Sider
04-01-2005, 12:02 AM
im glad the tables have turned and its now No over Yes.... u dont take someones quad, idc how many times they've been caught ridin down the road, what did they do to deserve their quad being took away

04-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
im glad the tables have turned and its now No over Yes.... u dont take someones quad, idc how many times they've been caught ridin down the road, what did they do to deserve their quad being took away

hrmm.. im gonna go out on a limb here and say, breaking the law.. yea i think that could be it.. Would you like to know how to not have it snatched up? DONT RIDE ONTHE ROAD, DONT BREAK THE LAW! and youll be jusssssssst fine

Jesse

TRFOXX
04-01-2005, 08:10 AM
I own a little chunck of land butted up to Mead paper company which is thousands of acers of land in Southern Ohio. It is all posted no tresspassing. Sorry to say i ride it all the time. I have never gotten caught but whats the big deal they rake the land for the trees to make paper. Yeah I know its not my land and yeah your right but Its not hurting a thing. I live in a sub- division so i have to trailer my quads every where i go. So thats the reason to buying the land in Southern Ohio butted up to Mead land. They are some of the best trails i have ever riden and i have been riding a long time. Only time i dont ride them is around Deer hunting season. They are patroled and who wants to be it the woods with a bunch of hunters with guns scaring away all the deer, pissing the hunters off which i can relate. All that im saying is they are going to strip mine the whole area anyways so why not ride it! Now i guess it would be different if i kept on getting caught or it was my land and didnt want people tresspassing, but where talking thousands of acers of Corp. land that has been strip mined and all the trees raked off of most of it. I know this is a little different story but i can see this happening in Ohio also! If this happens looks like ill be running from jonny law (DNR). because im not going anywhere as long as i own the land next to it!

wheelinforlife
04-04-2005, 10:10 PM
http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/13/threadid/446741/STARTPAGE/2.cfm (http://)

Three speeding tickets and impound your car?! You have no be kidding me. What you all think about this?