PDA

View Full Version : Need help with parts..

hondarider_8
03-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Im looking to upgrade to aftermarket A-Arms, Swingarm, and Shocks. I was wondering if you guys could help me find good parts, for not to heavy of a price. I was looking at American Star Racing for the A-Arms and Swingarm, and Works and Elka for the shocks. Was wondering what size and the type I should get to be MX ready. Also, I don't want the most expensive set of parts, I'd like the cheapest way to go if possible.

cdalejef
03-31-2005, 07:55 AM
Sounds like a decent combo for a budget racer. I'd go with +2 or +3 width and shocks will depend on how much you want to spend. Don't forget that you will need an axle if you widen the front.

hondarider_8
03-31-2005, 01:41 PM
I was looking to spend no more than 2300, but could go higher.

bigvforcer
03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Jeff,

What is you opinion on American Star arms? It sounds like they are okay but I would think you would know more than anyone. I am rebuilding a 400ex from the ground up to do some gncc with and maybe a little motorcross. I would go with the plus two arms for both gncc and mx. I just want an honest man's opinion on the quality of these arms.

Thanks,

BigV

cdalejef
03-31-2005, 05:05 PM
I tested a set of their new long travel arms last july in a desert race and they did great.

Colby@C&DRacing
04-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Ya we sell the american star arms. They are pretty nice. They make alot of stuff for desert racing so they will take some abuse

hondarider_8
04-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Colby, could you send me a pm with the prices on the american star products? every one of their products if ya dont mind, also..does the price you send me include the 10% discount?